[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went to the range today and fired the first gun(s) ever >Cz75

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

Went to the range today and fired the first gun(s) ever

>Cz75 and HK 45
>went with bro friend, split 50 rounds of 45 and 9mm each
>very enjoyable, helpful and friendly staff at LGS. Mostly reasonable prices
>had good time, applied Haley-sensei's grip lesson a kind anon linked to me a few months ago
>wasn't a dumbass and never missed paper
>might buy gun next month

Also, blogposts/feelgood thread
>>
>>32079223
Busted your cherry. Good for you.

Now get your own nogunz
>>
how did I do /k/?
At 25 Ft.

>CZ-75, 15 rounds
>lower right was first shot, lower middle was unanticipated shot
>>
>>32079245
>unanticipated
Anon, what happened?
>>
File: 1479695656058.jpg (285KB, 855x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1479695656058.jpg
285KB, 855x1000px
>>32079245
>unanticipated shot
Don't worry anon it was your first time
>>
>>32079251
I squeezed the trigger before my aim was fully reset...something like that. Basically I wasn't fully expecting a rapid follow-up shot.

>Hk45, 11 rounds, 7 yards
>>
>>32079293
>th-thi-this never happens! I swear!

Also, if any anons are in IL, I'm going to plug for Gat Guns in Dundee. Nice place, great people.
Not that they're paying me to say this :)
>>
>>32079296
Oh alright, thats not as bad. You had me scared for a second. That shit happens to new shooters all the time, hell i did it at the range myself the other day.
All in all, not bad OP, welcome to gunland.
>>
File: 20160628_152632-1.jpg (3MB, 2799x1786px) Image search: [Google]
20160628_152632-1.jpg
3MB, 2799x1786px
Which did you like better? Also, my favorite gun makers are HK and CZ in that order, tell your friend he has good taste.
>>
>>32079325
Haha, when I first arrived at the booth, I was troubled by all the scores in the ceiling not 4 ft from the line. I just had a jerky finger and let one off before I was fully "set."

>>32079345
Haha, I actually recommended we choose those. I've had my eye on CZ's for some time, and an old friend recommended the 45.

We both agreed that the CZ was easier, but the HK felt better overall: Slide was smoother and easier to grasp, loading the the mag was easier, and I dunno, but we're a fan of the paddle mag release and slide release. It just feels better put-together, to be expected from a gun that's at least double the price.

The CZ was comfortable, and the lower bore axis made pointing it feel more natural, but the slide release felt a little sticky and "muddy." Everything else was smooth though.

One thing I've learned is that recoil is weird. It just happens. I was afraid of limp-writing, but I don't know how to not limp-wrist other than "not limp wrist"
Muzzle flip is also strange.
>>
File: WP_20161121_14_26_38_Pro.jpg (4MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161121_14_26_38_Pro.jpg
4MB, 5376x3024px
Also, /k/

How do you keep your aim super steady? When sighting down, I find that I quiver and/or float (tiny tiny movements). What do you do to keep your shots going straight, while also not limp wristing? I feel like I'm gripping too strongly in anticipation of recoil.

>friend in pic
>>
File: 1469026809922.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1469026809922.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>took my Sig P226 out to the range as my only gun last week after it has been needing repair for 4 months
>put 150 rounds through it practicing the double action trigger and some double taps on some 3x5 cards
>this is from 7 yards
>plan on going again in a few days and backing it out to 14 yards

My first time actually practicing DA deliberately and I'm somewhat impressed. I'm having a hard time looking at my Shield now that I know I love DA/SA. I'm most likely going to get a CZ RAMI BD as my next CC gun.
>>32079472
To my knowledge, you should be gripping the gun as hard as you can. Picture your firing hand as a clamp with pressure going inwards of the grip from the front below the trigger guard and the backstrap.
>>
>>32079245
pretty good but I swear to god if you're actually paying attention to that shooter error chart.
>>
>>32079345
>CZ
>HK
>Stouts

I know you, aren't you the anon who works at a brewery?
>>
>>32079223
Now go buy a cz75 from www.czcustom.com and spend the rest on ammo
>>
>>32079310
Well, are they paying you to say this? Illinois doesn't have any good ranges or gun stores.
>>
>>32079310
How is gat guns for a first time shooter?

Chicagoland literally has that as it's only option.
>>
Related question: How do I go about trying to actually learn to shoot?

I've been shooting a few times, but it's all been plinking and fun so far. My aim has seemed pretty bad, but it's difficult to know because I don't have any real measurements--all I know is I hit the soda cans in the gravel pit less than my friends do.

I want to actually make an effort to measure my skill and improve. Where do I start? Just paper bullseyes?
>>
>>32079588
I don't know about "gripping as hard as you can." I feel like white-knuckle gripping a gun makes it difficult to control your trigger pull. A firm grasp with both hands is what consistently works a for me and I've trained a few girlfriends the same way with good results. Granted, I'm a super mutant of a human with giant bones, muscles, feet and hands so my experience is far from universal. (Think Brad Garrett)

>>32080982
You've just got to practice in a somewhat controlled environment. Are you consistently hitting the same spot away from the target or are your rounds landing all over the place? This sort do info is crucial to making changes to your shooting that will help you get better.

Shooting is a lot of muscle memory so being consistent in your technique and making small improvements here and there is how you ultimately get better. There's no better way to learn other than practicing fundamentals until you're good enough to get bored and then trying more difficult forms of shooting to recognize and buff out any bad habits or weaknesses.
>>
>>32080125
They're not lol, I just had a pretty good experience with them and thought other anons would appreciate the tip.

>>32080325
The staff was pretty helpful and patient. I can't speak for prices for range time because I haven't been many places, but they seem pretty good ($10/hr/gun)
Prices on guns themselves are close to buds and impactguns

>>32080982
It's best to practice in a controlled environment. Plinking helps, but targets (like mine) has some shooter error tips, that can point out stuff you might be doing wrong.

>>32081097
I don't know about gripping as hard as you can either. I found that the harder I grip, the more quivering and wavering my aim is, not to mention a stronger anticipation of muzzle flip. But then again, I don't know how to properly describe recoil. The best way I found, for me, was to just aim, have a firm grip on the gun, but relax your elbows a little, and keep the fingers in on the front side of the grip (the support hand) pulling on the bottom of the grip.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.