[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes a good online shop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: gun-sales-store.jpg (129KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
gun-sales-store.jpg
129KB, 500x333px
sup /k/,

Thinking about starting an online shop for firearms accessories and possibly guns in the future.

What makes you keep going back to your favorite online shop? Price is an obvious one- but I wouldn't be able to beat out large vendors. What is the best way for a small shop with limited inventory to provide value?

Also as an aside, how the fuck do physical store fronts stay in business?
>Never has the shit I want or need
>Rarely need servicing or smithing
>Purchasing decisions based on finger-fucking the product
>>
>>32077476
fast and reliable shipping and secure online checkout.
>>
>>32077476
For the love of god have a decent website that's easy to browse. Invest in a good website and everything else will follow I promise you, I've bought guns from both impact and buds in the past but refuse to order accessories or ammo from them because the layout simply doesn't work for them in my opinion and it may seem petty but I won't support a company that doesn't seem to care about ease of shopping. Give me filters so I can shop accessories and parts by the gun/brand. Let me shop ammo by round count or type, or both or round count, type, brand, cost per round and mlp character themed casings all at the same time without reloading the page 6 times. When someone buys a gun your website should offer extra mags and holsters/accs on the same screen. I know it's a lot to ask and I'm sperging a little bit here but this has bothered me for years.
>>
>>32077543
YES. WHY IS THIS SO HARD!? Even Primary Arms looks like a piece of shit these days.
>>
>>32077476
find a way to consistently obtain rare/unique items that the bigger stores won't have. I'd say more but I'm starting my own store so I'm not going to give the competition any more ideas :^)

>Also as an aside, how the fuck do physical store fronts stay in business?
your needs and interests probably don't match those of the average customer in your area. Physical shops also often have little odds and ends that major online stores lack (rare ammo like new 7.35x51, etc).

Also, old people and fudds tend to not be very computer-literate, and therefore depend on gun shows and physical retail locations to get their fix (even if pricing is inferior).

>Purchasing decisions based on finger-fucking the product
is it weird that I like to personally examine something before I spend my money on it?

>>32077543
for some reason the majority of gun stores seem to have abysmal websites.
>>
>>32077865
What is a good website?
>>
>>32077865
Don't get me wrong- I love finger fucking guns, the problem is when that is literally all you can do.

I'd love to get my hands on surplus russian stuff but can't seem to find a distributor for them (OK I've barely tried). My original goal was to make an AK themed shop as all the AK oriented stores I found online had abysmal site layout.
>>
>>32077889
grey-shop is pretty decent in terms of layout and design but they've taken their relative monopoly on the Russian gear market for granted, now they're getting undercut by individual gear hustlers.

I would link my favorite site for Ruskie gear/airshit, but it's undergoing maintenance.

reeeeeeee hurry the fuck up you shitters

>>32077927
>I love finger fucking guns, the problem is when that is literally all you can do.
wat

I don't understand what you're trying to say tbqh

>(OK I've barely tried)
try harder nigga, I have a few different guys supplying me. Mind you, I've spent years getting contacts so I'll admit that it's not easy.

>My original goal was to make an AK themed shop as all the AK oriented stores I found online had abysmal site layout.
the issue with AKs is that there isn't a tremendous aftermarket for them, you would need to diversify to survive.
>>
>>32077476

I want one that's intelligent, nihilistic, and has a wicked sense of humour.
>>
>>32078029
as in I'd like to actually test-fire a gun before purchasing it

Thank you for your insight. If you don't mind me asking- are you keeping inventory or drop-shipping?
>>
>>32078055
like Varusteleka, then? They're quite smart in their use of humor, they even criticize some of their (undesirable) products to portray them as novelty purchases. They have a god-tier layout, inventory focus and marketing, too.

>>32078125
>as in I'd like to actually test-fire a gun before purchasing it
ah, gotcha. I do that when I can but I'm usually satisfied if a gun passes a stringent finger-fucking/bore check.

I'll be keeping inventory, I plan on setting up a physical location once I get the ball rolling.
>>
>>32077865
Perhaps the solution is to be a young business owner, aka millenial gun store owner.

Solution to two problems: shitty websites and old fudds
>>
>>32078243
kek, I'm actually a millennial shitter myself so I already have that covered.
>>
>cheapest prices
>accurate inventory reporting
That's it.

Bonus round:
>no sign up required
>shipping calculator in cart, no checkout required
>doesn't automatically send me fucking advertising emails
>ship my shit within 1 business day

There is literally nothing that you can do to make me into a repeat customer without having the lowest prices.
>>
>>32077476
>cheaper prices are always a plus
>inventory that nobody else has
>take suggestions and custom order stuff
>have a decent sized inventory that someone can browse while never being able to see everything
>holy fucking shit please tag everything properly, I shouldn't get different results with '5.45' and '5.45x39'
>seriously, be descriptive on each listing
>allow custom search queries
>for the love of god please include a mag with the purchase of a kit/receiver, even if it's some cheap plastic bullshit it's better than nothing and nice to have
>>
>>32077889
Something that allows the visitors of the site to find the information they came for as quickly and as painlessly as possible.

We still haven't got the formula down.
>>
>>32077476
Compensate customers who have a bad experience with a T-shirt.

Be nice on the phone but when you hang up talk mad shit.

Make no effort to hunt sales down.

Don't pay your workers anything or if you do forget to pay them.

Think of ways you can take advantage of others.

Do all of these things and you will be just as successful as my last and current boss.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.