[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FML.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: 392200.jpg (97KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
392200.jpg
97KB, 880x660px
Sup guys. What do you all do for work? Do you like your jobs?

Left one ar manufacturer to go work for another. Realized I just need to run my own business. The ar market is the current hk snob market. I'm 35, when I was growing up varmint shooting was a past time...now people just like to take their expensive bullcrap to a range and shoot paper, dirt, and steel.

Any of guys still like to partake in the slaughter of pest?
>>
>>32077354
I work in a group home, supporting developmentally challenged teenagers. You guys joke about autism, but I work with people who have legit autism, it's different than you guys probably think.

I love the job though: the residents love ya, you chill with them, take them places, great company, awesome benefits.
>>
Assembly line for a large office furniture company
>>
>>32077673
In my early 20's I worked at a middle school helping the mentally handicapped. I can understand how stressful shit can be at times.
>>
>>32077354
I cut down trees and tree accessories.
>>
>>32078078
It can be pretty damn stressful, but I like that sort of stress more than the kind where your boss is breathing down your neck about your productivity in a factory or warehouse.

I don't want to ever not work with people as the main focus again. I love this job and I can't imagine myself ever leaving...just a shame there isn't much money to be made doing it.
>>
>>32077354
I'm currently a college student. Surprisingly easy for the amount of credits I'm taking.

I don't slaughter pests because I live innacity and I'm busy with college. It's easier than I thought it would be, but still time consuming as fuck.
>>
>>32078140
What are you going for?

Please don't say marketing of some kind.
>>
>>32077354
Looking to take some coyotes but I need to do a little more research on the best places to go looking for them in central NM. I'm hoping that they'll be down lower now that the weather has finally got colder.
>>
>>32078217
Coyote is fun. I got a few. Lucky shots really. One running. Tried to lead it with a 30-30. It was probably no more than 60 or 70 yards. Hit him in the front legs.

My favorite was a coon kill with a 45-70. In his face and a new gigantic asshole.
>>
Work in a county office. Basically 70% dealing with retarded people who seem like they dont even know what they want half the time, 20% waiting on actual polite customers that have their shit together, 30% working up mail and answering phones between customers.

The last pest animal I slaughtered was a possum that was terrorizing my grandparent's outside pets.
Shot it from about 5 yards with a Glock 26 using 147gr hollowpoints.
Bullet entered just between the shoulder and head, and exited out the stomach area, ripping it wide open in the process.
>>
>>32078500
Nice. Possums are evil little things.

I can only image how crazy your line of work gets.
>>
Used to be a cop in a metro area. If you want to hear funny shit, sit down and have a beer with a cop
>>
>>32077354

physical scientist/nuclear technician (civilian) in the navy. About to transfer over to dept. of energy.

My god father is a crop duster, has a private field in the badlands of Washington. I go out there and shoot prairie dogs so they don't burrow under the runway. Needs to be done every year in the summer months or the runway is unusable.
>>
Software engineer making decent money and I enjoy my work. But I'm in the city and the cops tend to get called if you start shooting squirrels or rabbits.
>>
TIG welder.

I'm more of a fitter but it's pretty comfy
>>
Insurance claims examiner. Nothing will teach you to loath and mistrust humanity faster.
>>
>>32078892
Oh shit. Lol.
>>
Overnight sticker at Toys R Us
Absolutely not /k/ it's alright though.
Get to see latest /k/ related tactical legos
>>
Machinist. I actually manufacture all of the eotech aluminum pieces.
>>
>>32078909
At least telling assholes their claims are denied is fun.
>>
Captain.(not navy)

Pretty comfy, I get to tell people what to do and sailing around somalia I get to live out my operator dreams.
>>
I'm a biochemist working at an analytical chem lab because biotech in my area is nonexistent. I'm going to go back to school because my job market is over saturated with shitbirds like me looking to get their foot in the door, and a MA/PhD are almost mandatory to make a living in the biotech industry.

I remove acorn with extreme prejudice.
>>
>>32077354

Yeah, man. I shoot hogs on my uncle's land. His neighbors don't do shit about the pigs on their land because they figured out it was more lucrative to charge urbanites to hunt pigs on their land than it was to be a legitimate rancher, so these pigs routinely wander onto my uncle's land and tear shit up and he hates it. Being the good nephew I am, I offer to use his 4-wheelers, feeders and blinds and obliterate as many of the fuckers as I can.

It's a pretty good deal at the moment.
>>
I grew up in Grand Island where Hornady ammo is made. Everyone in the town wanted to work for them because they let employees take the "defect" ammo and there's a ton of it. Every deer I've shot was with some of that defect I got from friends. Disappointed that I never got to work there myself.

Been at a fast casual bullshit restaurant for 5 years. I'm a retard.
>>
>>32078177
>marketing
Fuck no. I want to be a mechanical engineer. It seems one of the better routes to making green energy affordable. I firmly believe we will need to move to green energy and surprisingly ME's do more with green energy than Electrical Engineers.

I'm not some climate alarmist, I'm simply a realist. At some point we will need to preserve our forests and so on, so I might as well be part of the movement to make it economically feasible.

T B H I wish I had a place to varmint hunt. I'd do it for fun with all of my milsurp. I live in Iowa so I can't hunt durr with muh SMLE, M1903, SVT, and so on. BUT if I'm killing varmints, such as coyotes, I can use muh rifles.
>>
>>32077354
Work AP at a best buy, while going to college. Sucks pretty hard. Planning on trying to get a job driving a tow truck part time. Could at least do some homework in the cab between tows on slow days.

Trying to get around to shooting coyotes as they keep attacking the dogs on the farm.
>>
>>32078620
Well I'm drinking between reading the fronk thread and playing C&C Generals: Zero Hour

So it's fucking story time bitch.

>>32078798
Sounds pretty cool t.b.h. Do they pay you extra or what?

>>32078852
Get an air rifle fampai.
>>
>>32077354
>Sup guys. What do you all do for work? Do you like your jobs?

Mechanical engineer, l like what I do.

>Any of guys still like to partake in the slaughter of pest?

No. Hunting for food or land management is one thing, but you have issues if you enjoy killing simply for fun.
>>
>>32077354

Yeah Man, i live in New Zealand and dearly love shooting rabbits of which there are many. My record is 346 in a day with an Anchutze 17 HMR. Pic Related.
>>
>>32079004
That would be sick. I'm going to admit something pretty embarrassing...my son may not be mine. I'm in Oregon and the plan was to move to Texas but I have been prepping for plan b if the test comes back he's not mine. Plan b is to go work for nosler, buy some land in fucking middle of nowhere, and fucking disappear for a while.
>>
>>32078938
I was a claims adjuster for progressive back when we recorded all the calls on little tapes. We all kept copies of our biggest meltdowns in our desks.

I hated that job. Everyone lies and the only people who come out happy just got away with fraud. Fuck body shops, Fuck insurance, and Fuck customers. Why does my phone think Fuck is a proper noun?
>>
>>32079086
With all due respect, varmint hunting is normal.
>>
File: 1470780729564.jpg (38KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1470780729564.jpg
38KB, 540x540px
>>32079086
>varmint hunting
>not hunting for food or land management
>>
>>32079142
>>32079188

The point of varmint hunting is taking care of your live stock or crops. If you aren't a farmer you have no business in varmint hunting. (with the exception of non native species)
>>
>>32079213
I like how you assume things.
>>
>>32077354
i work with a mosquito control district during the summer and go to uni to become a teacher. i like the mosquito stuff because i get to be outside a lot and I get to scout my hunting spots all summer while i get paid. I like teaching because it's fun to see kids have those "lightbulb" moments

I do partake, but there's been a surge of oilfield traffic in my area. most of the pests I see are a red paste on the highway nowdays :(
>>
>>32077354

I'm a health inspector. It's the digging tits. I mostly deal with solid waste atm. Regulating trash companies. Do a lot of grant work. Complaints etc.

I have a very easy job. It's super safe. I love it.
>>
>>32079082

I get a cost of living bonus of about 17% and I am payed on a gs-x(st) scale, which means I get a technical bonus. Not sure how much more I make then a regular old GS of the same grade/step, but I know it can be up to 25k. I'm definitely not getting that much though.

Its pretty cool, desu. I get to work on nuclear warships, which is boss, and I get to travel on uncle sam's dime which is also cool. Most of the people I work with are pretty smart, not overtly liberal (no sjw, most people own guns) and the benefits are good.

I have degrees in applied mathematics and physics. I tried to go to grad school but I just couldn't get excited about it. I can't stand working inside all day. Worked in private sector for a while, but I can't stand the liberal bullshit that comes with living in big cities. I make a lot less at my current job but I am much happier. I'm trying to transfer to energy so I can work on a NEST team and live out my secret agent/operator fantasies.
>>
>>32077354
>Any of guys still like to partake in the slaughter of pest?
Alas, I live near Seattle, so if I try shooting anything in the woods in my county I have to deal with bellowing soccermomapotamus bullshit. I still take a levergun or a shotgun with me when I go deep into the woods on public land.
>>
>>32079463
That sucks. I enjoy many parts of Washington but I hear they are very hateful towards guns now. Oregon will be next.
>>
File: IMG_20161117_133544750.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161117_133544750.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
CNA + College

Being a CNA has made me so spiteful it's amazing. Family's are stupid, the management is brain-dead, and the people I work with are the most two-faced superficial cunts. There are some cool people but that's like 1 for every 5 who just suck. I really hate working with someone women, it's killing me I swear.
>>
>>32079688
What in God's name is that delusional paper? Lol.
>>
>>32079706
Had to read it for my Sociology class, need it for "diversity" credits for generals courses. The teacher is like a walking stereotype of a FUCKING WHITE MALE. He actually told us that one of his fellow faculty was raising their child completely 'genderless'. If Christians thought rap music and videogames were ruining youth today, I think I found the coup de Grace for fucking up your kids life.
>>
>>32079721
> He actually told us that one of his fellow faculty was raising their child completely 'genderless'.

......uh...hm. ok. Lol
>>
>>32079721
I guess what bothers me about a paper like that is it's clearly from a sheltered mind. I didn't have much of a childhood but I had a good dad. If it wasn't for him I probably would be a fucking shitbag.

I never served but know those who have. They don't want violence. Im skilled in kickboxing and jui jitsu. I don't want to fight over stupid shit and I'll walk away even if I get called names. That paper isn't taking into account being thrust into a harsh world can build character and respect for strength.
>>
File: F35 Afterburner.jpg (97KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
F35 Afterburner.jpg
97KB, 1600x900px
>>32077354
aerospace assembler/welder, f35/f22 afterburners
I enjoy working with my hands, but the shit pay is an insult to my soul.
>>
>>32077354
Target baybee

I don't even owen a gun. I just come here to shitpost
>>
>>32079933
You should go buy a gun.
>>
File: informational demon chart.jpg (422KB, 1291x2228px) Image search: [Google]
informational demon chart.jpg
422KB, 1291x2228px
who /neet/ here?
>>
>>32077354
>What do you all do for work?
Security guard at a school
>Do you like your jobs?
No. No room for advancement. No vacation. Shitty insurance. Don't make enough to make a real living. Dead end.
>>
>>32077354
I work as an RN in a ICU setting. Squirrels die to relieve stress from work.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.