[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Zone/Chernobyl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: stalker.jpg (132KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
stalker.jpg
132KB, 900x506px
So, hypothetically, how hard would it be for one to break into the zone all S.T.A.L.K.E.R. like? What are the patrols like, what is the law on it, what would happen if caught?

I know there are tours and everything and I can be cheeki breeki and legal, but this is more of a passing the time on monday kind of shit. I just want to see if it is feasible to do and live to tell the tale/ sell some artifacts.
>>
>>32075790
Your gonna get yourself killed
>>
File: 1473968085208.png (153KB, 240x351px) Image search: [Google]
1473968085208.png
153KB, 240x351px
>>32075790
Bump with some IRL stalker suit. Gen one gorka,
>>
>>32075848
I never said I was serious, just contemplating suicide by Ukrainian.
>>
>>32075790
I'm pretty sure the majority of the perimeter isn't guarded, aside from at checkpoints. At most, there might be a few guys watching from a distance to make sure there are no trespassers.

As is generally a rule, if you're going to try and sneak around, do it at night and you probably won't run into anyone; if you're really paranoid, buy a cheapo infrared camera and scan the surroundings before doing anything stupid.
>>
>>32075790

Another thing to remember is that it's a radioactive exclusion zone for a reason. Once you're off pavement, the radiation levels can rise quickly and randomly.
>>
>>32076015
>>32076607
Good points, both for and against. Is there any proper protection for radiation, like a reliable Geiger counter, downing iodine?#

Also, what are gun laws like in Ukraine? What would I have a chance of getting into the country, let alone the zone.
>>
you can just walk in
it's not generally a place people want to go to
if you give yourself thyroid cancer don't expect the Ukrop government to pick up the tab
>>
>>32075790
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acsjzkBulWg
people do it. there are better vids, this was just the first result.
>>
enjoy your cancer m8
>>
>>32077112
If you guys want to dick around at the brain scorcher then be my guest.
>>
>>32075790

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MCUxNxHSjI
>>
>>32077251
go back to /pol/ and take your retarded conspiracy theory with you
>>
>>32075790
Honestly I have no idea how hard it would be like to get in.
But I imagine if you aren't good at hiding and you are serious about getting away then you might want to find a way to sneak a gun in.
You know, take em out while they are about to cuff you type thing. Probably a pistol imo. Just larping desu.
>>
>>32075790
/k/

an autistic place
>>
>>32079263
this
and throw in the rest of the website while you are at it.
>>
>>32076703
>Is there any proper protection for radiation

not really, no, other than limiting exposure time, or residing in shielded buildings. don't think of radiation as being some magical poison from your video games. Think of it as literally energy that cooks you; like invisible fire. Death by radiation poisoning is basically having your organs cooked out so hard that they no longer function.

radioactive contamination is simply when you get particles that shoot out this cooking-goodness into your body, and thus you cook from the inside out.

protecting yourself from contamination = respirators to keep radioactive particulate out of your lungs, MOPP gear to make it easier to decontaminate, iodine to slow absorbsion of radioactive iodine (and there's more contaminants than just iodine).

protection from radiation itself = don't fuck with radiation, and if you have to fuck with radiation, do it quickly.

>Also, what are gun laws like in Ukraine?

shitty and european.
>>
>>32079252
>shoots a MP
>"I'M JUST LARPING!"
>runs like hell in a blaze of gunfire
>>
>>32080353
Good post, usually I have to do this. I'll expand on it, though.

In 99.9% of situations, the danger to personnel from radiation comes from those contaminated particles, not from getting microwaved by a big source. Radiation is a freaky thing but it's also predictable and it's easy to shield against as long as you can build a structure around the source. Lead is the famous shield material, but concrete, steel, water, and even glass can provide effective shielding in the right compositions and quantities. Air is also an effective shield, but it takes a lot of it, so in other words you're safe as long as you stay a certain distance away from the source, and that distance is relatively easy to calculate. However, it's basically impossible with current materials to make a wearable radiation shield that's actually useful, even some kind of power armor type thing made of inch-thick lead wouldn't do much against truly dangerous sources.

Particles and other contaminated items are much harder to predict and control, and even common dust can pick radiation up and carry it around. That's why protective gear is about covering the skin and keeping people from inhaling material, and procedures are all about maintaining a safe distance from a source, keeping careful track of how long workers are exposed to radioactive areas, and minimizing dust that can pick up contaminants, and making sure personnel are decontaminated before leaving a potentially contaminated area.

So, in almost any situation around the world, any radioactive source powerful enough to cause direct radiation damage through proximity is kept in a highly secure controlled environment. The thing that makes Chernobyl so scary is that it's the one big exception, you can actually go out in the woods and find places with radiation levels high enough to cause serious harm just through proximity, and there's no effective protection if you're in one of those places.
>>
>>32080432
From what I remember alpha radiation is really weak though. A good raincoat, and a full face respirator with nbc filters should cover your main bases. Whatever full body clothing that's water tight and low static under that is a bonus. Your main concern is protecting your mucous membranes, and then after that skin exposure. A raincoat is good because you can just hose yourself off.

If you were to pick a time to infiltrate I'd say just after a rain, when dust is lowest, but also the rain itself may be contaminated, so best not soak in it.
>>
>>32080467
IMO the best way to infiltrate would actually be pretty similar to how it's done in STALKER - bring along good radiation survey equipment, preferably the kind with a pole, and slowly and methodically creep your way around the most contaminated areas, just like you do with anomalies in the game.

On a side note, I wonder if there are forests and stuff within the zone that are filled with the corpses of foolhardy would-be STALKERs, rotting away undiscovered because anybody who knows what they're doing won't go anywhere near those places.
>>
Radiation in Pripyat is actually very low in most areas. Still higher than background, but low enough it won't hurt you. There are still a few hotspots though, so bring a geiger counter
>>
The only dangerous part of trespassing into the exclusion zone would be getting arrested (which since it's Ukraine, you could bribe the police) or being attacked by a wild animal or something.

Radiation levels are not much higher than background anymore. The main isotope released, which is Cesium decays to safe levels after 20 or so years.

There are no spots (other than being inside the reactor vessel itself) that would give you radiation poisoning.
>>
>>32080560
Not this thread again.

OP I was there just a few months back. And this guy is mostly right. The zone is very loosely guarded, however the military does do training things there. There's also some few thousand workers that live in the zone. It's not heavily guarded perimeter, but there are still people moving about there. As for radiation, just don't eat, drink, play in puddle area, or touch firemen's clothing in the hospital. Really, it's rather safe there and the radiation is the same as background. Sometimes lower.

There you, have fun and don't let the ukies get you.
>>
>>32075790
Here's a video of a Russian guy doing pretty much what you're talking about (There are English subtitles for you).
He also has many other video of him exploring other abandoned areas/facilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y43mU8eMdyU
>>
>>32075790
Well, you can wander around the countryside I guess, but it won't be much different to any other field or forest.

The city has plenty of activity going on, and the plant is a full blown construction site the last few years
>>
>>32080477
there also are actual radioactive mutant wildlife. not like in stalker, but still
>>
File: 1475866394340.jpg (36KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475866394340.jpg
36KB, 480x480px
>>32081087
That is pretty cool. Out of what could be done in the zone, that is probably what I would do.
>>
>>32080421
kek
>>
Hey OP, I'm planning to go there maybe late December or early January.

Want to cheeki breeki together?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.