[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying a weapon and bringing it back across state lines?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (80KB, 708x639px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
80KB, 708x639px
>Kansasfag, 20 years old
>Going to Colorado for a camping trip
>Thought I might see if there's any gun shows
>Gun show in Denver
>Fuck it, why not.

If I do happen to find anything I want, will I run into any legal trouble if I am stopped by a cop for any reason, and am crossing state lines with a firearm in the back of my truck (In a gun bag)?

Also, pic related, unless if I see a Luger or anything really old, I don't intend on even considering picking up a handgun, but if I do, I'd check out when it comes to picking one up at a show, right?
>>
>>32075681
>buying a gun in a state you arent a resident of without transferring through an FFL local to you

that would be illegal
>>
>>32075681
As long as you can legally buy and own whatever you're trying to purchase then yes, you can buy it at a gun show and drive it back.
>>
>>32075723
>citation needed
>>
>>32075681
The only issue would be if it's a handgun. Long guns are A-OK, for whatever stupid reason.

>t. someone who frequents an LGS in a neighboring state
>>
>>32075733
I bought a rifle from a gun shop in PA as a NY resident. It was a bolt gun that was legal in NY and the sale went through fine.
>>
>>32075708
how about selling a gun in a state I don't live in?

AZ drivers license but in Illinois
>>
File: trump brrt.jpg (68KB, 960x612px) Image search: [Google]
trump brrt.jpg
68KB, 960x612px
>>32075708
I really hope Trump gets Congress to overturn that particular law. It would instantly cuck all the state level purchase bans into irrelevance.
>>
>>32075762
what year was it? it used to be legal to buy out of state if the borders touched
>>
>>32075835
Over the summer of this year. I never had issues buying long guns out of state as long as said gun was NY legal.
>>
>>32075744
it's this. everyone else is wrong
>>
>>32075744
>>32075876
can anyone provide that in writing other than the advice of random autists on an outdated italian noodle twirling forum
>>
>>32075892
Literally just go to the gun show and ask a dealer if you, as a resident of a non-cucked state, can buy a long gun from them and they will more than likely say yes. I did it in PA as a NY resident and everything went through just fine.
>>
>>32075681
Take a sleeping bag with you.
>Wrap gun in sleeping bag.
>Don't drive your shitty Honda Civic like it's a race car.
>Enjoy new gun.
>>
>>32075892
out of state long guns are fine as long as they are transferred according to the buyers states laws. >>32075708 this guy is probably from california where everything has to go through a ffl

out of state handguns is a no go
>>
>>32075892
It's probably in the GCA or Brady Bill, but I can't find it specifically and I don't care enough to do your research for you.
But trust me, it's correct.
>>32076001
>>
>>32075723
>>32075681

I would assume that for things like a private sale it'd be alright?
>>
>>32076043
As far as my understanding goes, it depends on the laws of the state you're in, but generally long guns are always okay unless you cannot legally own said long gun for whatever reason.
>>
>>32075681
Colorado requires a background check at all gunshows ever since columbine. You are under 21 so you cant buy a handgun from a dealer. You cant buy a handgun from a non-dealer because you are from out of state.

>Gunshow in denver
Dont even consider it, they all fucking BLOW.

You would be better off exploring the old titan east of the city.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.