[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black powder for HD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 12

File: camp project.jpg (615KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
camp project.jpg
615KB, 1333x1000px
California fags and guys who actually shoot blackpowder report in
from what I remember /k/ had a good black powder community

>old timey western revolver for nightstand gun
>.44 cal available
>you cant have more than 10 shots here anyways, might as well get a revolver
>schofield, lemat, new army, dragoon, they even make those strange one's if you wanna be a REAL snowflake about it
>they look really fun from youtube videos
and the most important part
>shipped to your door with no FFL or middleman required

I mean I just think this is such a poorfag viable option never explored here. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

let me inb4 here, I already have a maverick 88 20 inch and a S&W model 10 strictly for HD
>>
File: 20ga black powder.png (607KB, 775x450px) Image search: [Google]
20ga black powder.png
607KB, 775x450px
This is all you need

But you might want to shoot black powder some before you decide to use it for HD. There is a lot of smoke
>>
well your first shot is gonna be like setting off a flashbang in front of you and you wont be able to see through the smoke after that

>fuck huge muzzle flash spitting 4ft x 4ft cloud of gray smoke in front of you
>set's curtains on fire
>fire blindly through smoke
>achieve broad side of a barn pattern grouping
>house burns down around incapacitated intruder
>mission accomplished

I do want this though
http://www.cabelas.com/product/shooting/black-powder/black-powder-revolvers|/pc/104792580/c/104701680/sc/567338580/pietta-model-1851-confederate-navy-44-caliber-black-powder-revolver/735152.uts?destination=%2Fcategory%2FBlack-Powder-Revolvers%2F567338580.uts
>>
File: HPIM0692.jpg (943KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
HPIM0692.jpg
943KB, 2304x1728px
Only solution if you live in certain facist US cities. BP shot shells can be loaded with hand tools over and over again. Believe me, the liver will not know if the lead pellets suddenly infiltrating it are propelled by BP or smokeless.
>>
File: W0822A.JPG.jpg (29KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
W0822A.JPG.jpg
29KB, 780x439px
>>32075096
The Starr double action revolver is the best firearm you can get a modern reproduction of. Easy to take down with an archaic but functional DA/SA trigger system. It isn't as polished or refined, but was used along side colts and Remington's in the civil war and beyond.

Remington 1858 is best SA blackpowder pistol available.
>>
File: DSC00440 HR.jpg (3MB, 4096x3072px)
DSC00440 HR.jpg
3MB, 4096x3072px
>>32075192
Bullshit.
>>
File: raw1.jpg (232KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
raw1.jpg
232KB, 1600x1200px
it's not that far fetched. despite what people who stand to profit from it say, gun technology really hasn't evolved that much in 100+ years. think of it like an old bicycle from the 1800s. yeah a new 10 speed road racer that costs 8000$ made of fiberglass and polymers and weighs 3 pounds is faster and a better option. but the old time bike from the 1800's is still gonna get you from point A to point B. so if you aren't doing the tour de france there's no real necessity to go beyond. now imagine that old time bike is a reproduction like all these modern blackpowder guns are. better materials (debatable) better more precise machining etc. etc.
oh and they have lots of smokeless powders out there.
then again smokeless powder is a lot like clean coal. it's just a euphemism for less dirty than youre used to.
>>
all this blackpowder love
I love you so much sometimes /k/

anyone ever hunt with BP? seems pretty cool that BP hunting has it's own season you get all to yourself in a few states.
>>
File: pistola.jpg (188KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pistola.jpg
188KB, 640x480px
>not owning a series of .50 cal muzzle loader pistols to be tucked into a sash and discharged and discarded as you repel dindu boarding party with saber in your offhand
>>
File: spurdo martini henry.jpg (102KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo martini henry.jpg
102KB, 604x453px
>>32075621
>not repelling Zulus with Queen Victoria's finest .577/450
>>
File: funny.jpg (51KB, 643x413px) Image search: [Google]
funny.jpg
51KB, 643x413px
>>32075167
>>32075240
>>32075621
all these guns are sexier than they need to be and turning me ammosexual

>>32075662
holy shit. what if this is a work around for brit bongs and yuro's and aussies? wonder if they can get black powder firing replicas and such.

then again brit bongs fucking destroy antique webleys and enfields when they find them like the fucking heretics they are.

>mfw the UK used to produce some of the most beautifully elegant firearms this world has ever seen and they've spent the last 60 years throwing them into the ocean
>>
File: dirty harry.jpg (26KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
dirty harry.jpg
26KB, 500x667px
as a Californian I've come full circle on the whole thing.
>used to only like high capacity ultra tacticool black scary salt weapons only
>start shooting more and more with my dads old guns and a few friends
>lever action, sxs, oxu, revolvers, arcade pump .22s and the like

do it. I used to think revolvers where outdated and useless and only a fool would carry one. but youre not gonna cc a blackpowder gun. and if you need more than 6 shots in a situation then your in some gunplay and you want a long gun anyways. I seriously know a lot of dudes who like to make all these weapons and buy that cheap sword shit they sell at smoke shops(baseball bats with nails through em, shitty clubs, some throwing stars) shit like that. but they dont own any firearms. airsoft and pellet but no real guns. dont get it.
let me put it this way. if back to the future happened and fucking jesse james came down on you outside the liquor store with a 6 shooter are you gonna give your wallet up?
>>
>>32075096

Guess I'm illegal in CA then cause I own all sorts of funs with way more than 10 round magazines. #donotcomply
>>
>>32075621
The problem with caplock single-shot pistols is that nearly as soon as they came out, Samuel Colt made them obsolete.
>>
>>32075096
if you carved that yourself OP, bravo on the carving

Ugh/Ugh, would chase darkskin monkey tribe off cave-lawn with.
>>
File: noey cmon man.jpg (76KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
noey cmon man.jpg
76KB, 717x960px
>>32076866
that's just handguns bro. I mean I know lots of dudes with old beretta 92s and glock 17s with high cap mags but I wouldnt wanna get caught with one. depends on if the cops wanna jam you up or not.

then again I'm just saying the most attractive part of the whole situation is having a functional firearm shipped to your door like its the 70's without any real paperwork or middleman
>>
Anyone made any homemade black powder? Seems trivial to make some mediocre bp in the garage.

How about using toy caps as primers?
>>
well if you live in SF, Chicago, D.C., N.Y.C., or lots of other cities blackpowder revolver may be your only viable choice
plenty of municipalities are fucking communist tier when it comes to gun laws so if you have a choice between being unarmed and having a Colt SAA on your bed stand that's an easy fucking choice.

>use gun to blast yo yuu bang foo essay in your doorway
>cops GSR test you and juan
>so much powder it contaminates every body in a 3 block radius
>>
tfw so many cheap black powder revolvers but the schofield is like over 800$
>>
File: truetocaesar.png (85KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
truetocaesar.png
85KB, 1162x850px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5v68GMgTb8

3 things
>hickocks laugh after every shot makes me smile goofy
>good enough for wyatt earp, good enough for you
>hickock sounds like the narrator from the big lebowski and I just now noticed this
>>
>>32075096

They'll work

Go caplock, though, as they're reliable in comparison to flint.
>>
if the choice is between a hi point and a sexy as fuck black powder revolver you better channel augustus mcrae from lonesome dove and be somebodies huckleberry
>>
>>32077604
Na.
It's the year of our God Emporer - 1.
Buy a pistol and hope you don't need dindu removal before we are vindicated.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.