[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

9mm against bears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: Beretta_92FS_(right).jpg (749KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Beretta_92FS_(right).jpg
749KB, 3008x2000px
does it work?
>>
>>32069482
I think this is going to be the first time I have ever used
>Its only 9mm
Unironically. I love the 92 and shoot mine all the time but fuck no its not good for bears
>>
but fucking why?
there's been documentation of someone using .22lr vs a grizzly, does that mean you'll go with that?
>>
Try it and let us know.
>>
A guy took down a moose with a glock so I don't see why it's unthinkable to use a small round against bears.
>>
>>32069503
>glocks only come in 9mm
>>
Sure, if you're capable of sending multiple projectiles downrange at it before it reaches you. There's a vid of Russian police lighting up a brown bear with 9x18, so it's not entirely far-fetched.
>>
>>32069482
It is.
Cops and people take down fucking mooses all the time with their Glawks.

It's all about the shot placement.
>>
>>32069511
>implying he did not just throw it at the moose
>>
Pretty sure there ain't an animal on earth that won't go down to 9mm eventually. Well, aside from mabye some fish and sharks who won't do you the courtesy of coming up close enough to the surface for you to shoot them. Whales, though, they're fucked.

That said, I wouldn't give you great odds that you'd kill a bear with a 9mm handgun before it mauled your ass to death.
>>
>>32069482
Not ideal but Youtube 9mm vs bear they unload the mag into it but it killed it
>>
>>32069503
I would hope he was able to kill the moose, explosives are easy mode.
>>
Of course. Stopping power is a meme - shot placement is everything.
>>
File: IMG_1113.jpg (20KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1113.jpg
20KB, 480x270px
Bears eat beets. Battlestar Galactica.
>>
>>32069482
if you use hot TMJ bullets it can be done. But if youa re looking for trouble in burr country, don't go without a G20 in 10mm or better yet a S&W 29 44mag.
>>
>>32069482
Dont risk it
>>
>>32070011
FBI confirmed that all common 30 cal handgun rounds perform nearly the same to include .357 magnum. The reason for this is unless the rd is going over 2000 FPS then no hydroshock will accrue in the human body You want hydro shock to happen becuase not only will it stop the threat but will make a bigger mess to clean up. As far as handgun wounds are concerned you have a 90% chance of surviving from a NON vital hit. Before 45 cal argument its going to slow to make the most of it's kinetic energy.
+P loads are a different beast. Fun fact 9mm
NATO is in fact a +P load,
>>
Get some of that retarded strong 9mm such as Buffalo Bore or Underwood
>>
>>32070162
wut bout dat baby AK do? muh fukin dat beer git smok naw sayn cuzz?
>>
>>32069595
>KABOOM
>>
>>32069482
I mean if you put enough of it in the bear. The bear can't breathe if he has no lungs.
>>
>>32069482
>9mm against bears

We've had enough anti-gay shootings this year please don't.
>>
>>32069482
>>32069494

Like a .22 LR on people, "it'll kill anyone dead... tomorrow". If all you want to do is kill the bear, it'll do it (though it's not the most humane way to kill it).

If you're looking to not get mauled to death, you're better off with a larger, more powerful caliber.
>>
>9mm vs bear
Black bear, maybe?
Anything else I wouldn't bet on it.

Best bet is a .30 cal rifle of any kind (except maybe a .30-30) or a semi automatic shotgun with 1oz slugs.
>>
File: _Bear_Shot_Placement.jpg (57KB, 510x630px) Image search: [Google]
_Bear_Shot_Placement.jpg
57KB, 510x630px
>>
>>32069998
kek
>>
File: 1479259575768.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1479259575768.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>32069482
Seen this thread a couple times, and I'll post the same story each time
Uncle is a Vietnam vet, asked him when I was young and dumb
> "Uncle, what's the most scared u ever been?"
Immediately says it wasn't in the war, but a hunting trip with a war buddy in Alaska
> Uncle is 25 after doing two tours in Vietnam
> Is now sherrif for LA county
> Buddy who was in war with him has 400 acres in Alaska, and tells uncle they are going large-grizzley hunting
> Uncle says ok, only has a 30-30 lever gun and his service revolver in 38
> They go hunting, uncle's friend wants a huge bear for a rug, wall hanger, or whatever
> Two days into hunting nothing
> On the third day they still get nothing
> Uncle takes a small deer and they decide to hike back to the cabin
> Takes a day to hike back from where they are, carrying a cleaned durr corpse
> About a hour away from cabin, uncle's friend says they are being stalked
> Uncle turns around and the bear sees that uncle and friends saw him
> Smaller bear, very small, runs away
> A bit later they hear a bear, turn, and it's a fuckhuge grizzly charging
> Uncle shoots at it and doesn't miss, says he saw chunks of flesh the size of a human hand fly off the bears face but could hear the bullets ricocheting off of the front of the Bears skull
> His friend is shooting it with 44 mag, still coming
> Bear collapses 15 yards from them. Still thrashing and making bear noises
> Bears face is a ruin of blood and flesh
> Bears front legs and chest also perforated
> They reload, and shoot it twice with the 44 in the face
> Bear stops moving
> So much for your wall hanger idiot.
Uncle has a bears paw and it's the size of a fucking basketball
>>
If you put enough holes in them to drop their blood pressure - then yes.
>>
File: bear-nra-e1471652737386.jpg (67KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
bear-nra-e1471652737386.jpg
67KB, 600x338px
Alaskan Fishing Guide Kills Grizzly with 9mm

I have killed enough bears to know how important shot placement can be, even with large-bore rifles,” Shoemaker wrote in the NRA’s American Hunter magazine. “I was well aware of the limitations of my 9 mm pistol, even with Buffalo Bore ammo. I was aiming for a vital area with each shot

Shoemaker has been guiding brown bear hunters, fishermen and photographers for 33 years, so he’s dealt with his share of grizzly bears, but nothing as harrowing as this.

“I was fully aware of what was going on and how big the bear was,” he wrote. “I also managed to stay aware of where my clients were, even when the bear was directly between us.”

The bear charged at his clients and they fell to the ground to protect themselves. Judging that it was safe, he took the first shot to the bear’s neck. It then growled and spun wildly.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.