[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I go to a grocery store that has armed guards sometimes. None

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: droptheshekelsorelse.jpg (70KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
droptheshekelsorelse.jpg
70KB, 533x800px
I go to a grocery store that has armed guards sometimes. None of them look like they have military experience. The main guy I see is some old African dude with a glcok, sometimes it's a fat dopey white guy with a SIG, other times it's a stronk black womyn with a revolver.

My question is this: how hard is it to get one of these jobs? I have no military experience.

The more important question is do they ever give you free practice ammo?

I could just join the military, but I'm 26 and unless Trump invades china (I've worked with the Chinese enough to know that MacArthur was right all along and would be down as fuck to go to war with them) I have no need to go into the middle of some desert hellhole that we have no business being in the first place.
>>
most states have some kind of security license that is easy to get and no military exp needed. Have fun.
>>
>>32064920
Military experience? Nigger please. Enlisted guys are dumber than the dumbest pavement ape. You never want to hire them. Never.
>>
I met a 55 year old obese woman who couldn't be over 5' who had a security guard job. It can't be difficult.
>>
>>32064920
If you have a pulse and can pass a background check, you can be a security guard.
>>
>>32064920
>security guard
>teacupping
>glockamole
Sounds about right
>>
>>32065118
Forgot the big huge jew nose.
>>
damn, according to this guys video you actually get paid MORE if you carry a gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Egy4anpcRk

Sounds pretty based actually.
>>
>>32065057
That's why those jobs don't pay well.
>>
>>32064920
>I go to a grocery store that has armed guards sometimes
I have to ask, where the fuck do you live? Where is it so fucked up, that grocery stores have armed guards? The Whole Foods in the south-side of Chicago doesn't have armed guards, and they are literally catering to the handfull of rich white housewives that live two doors down from a slum.
>>
>>32065284
Philly. The area I live in is actually pretty low in violent crime, but other parts of philly are crazy.
>The Whole Foods in the south-side of Chicago

That's because Chicago has shitty commie gun laws. They SHOULD have armed guards there.
>>
>>32064920
>how hard is it to get one of these jobs? I have no military experience.

Security guard currently at work chiming in, if your IQ is higher than your shoe size and you can hit a target the size of a door at 25yds you can be an armed guard.

For unarmed both of those qualifications are negotiable.
>>
>>32065318
In PA armed security falls under act235. Physical exam, psych exam, 40 hour lethal weapons class and qualification.
>>
File: IMG_0019.jpg (680KB, 2128x2287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0019.jpg
680KB, 2128x2287px
>>32065358
>>32065358
do they give you free ammo tho?

>you can hit a target the size of a door at 25yds

I've actually never tried shooting at 25 yards with a handgun. This is what I can do at 7 yards. Good enough?
>>
>>32065410
Shoot at a target 1/4 the size at 7yds. It's the same as shooting the bigger target at 25yds
>>
>>32065381
according to the website the total fees ammount to just under $110 dollars. That's really not bad for 40 hours of training. I'm going to look into it.

>>32065449
Well then I guess I Can hit a door at 25 yards.
>>
>>32065497
That's the application fee. The psych exam will cost $200 or more. The physical the same. Then the 40 hour class will be $350+. The state issues the license. You have to take the class at an approved training provider. By the time you're done it will be like $800
>>
>>32065567
damn....so maybe joining the military and fighting in the Chinese American war is a better idea.
>>
>>32065000
Is someone mad they failed the asvab
>>
>>32065588
Both jobs pay about the same. Take the PPD test. If you live in Philly and can take a piss without pissing on yourself then you'll make it on the hiring list.
>>
>>32065595
Never considered taking it. I had an SAT score that got me into the college I wanted to attend.
>>
>>32065632
I went to 2 year at UW Madison then enlisted because I didn't want to pay for college most non grunts are in the same boat
>>
>>32065410
Our company pays for everytging to get you qualified, but that's it, you will never recieve training, ammunition, or guidance after the one day qualifications course.

They take minorities with ZERO firearms experience (had a Samoan ask me "What it felt like to shoot a gun" as he was stepping up to qualify) give them an 8 hour class, then trust them ti remember all that under stress a year later.

This was my target.
>>
>>32065665
I had a family that could cover tuition. Graduated student loan free.
>>
>>32065678
30 round course of fire btw.

You shoot 30 rounds ince a year and they let you carry a gun around large groups of innocent bystanders, which I affectionately nicknamed 'backstop'
>>
>>32065588
http://www.philadelphiaarcheryandgunclub.com/pennsylanvia-act-235-course.html
>>
>>32065665
>I went to 2 year at UW Madison then enlisted
If you're the right age when we're not at war, and it doesn't look like we're going to war, it's a good deal.

I knew a girl who joined the Guard the summer after HS, did her basic, and the bill paid for her undergrad all four years. They always scheduled her two weeks over the summer to boot.

Probably wouldn't be a good bet for an 18 year old today, but who knows?
>>
>>32065665
No ROTC?
>>
>>32064920
>I saw a bunch of unqualified people with this job
>Do I need to be qualified?
>HELP I AM TOO FUCKING RETARDED TO FIGURE THIS OUT
>>
>>32065789
He would make a perfect security guard
>>
>>32065832

Kek.
>>
They'll take anyone with a pulse and clean piss. It's a real dead end job with shit hours and shit pay. Everyone will think you're a fag. You will never do cool guy shit. Your supervisors will fuck you over and your coworkers don't give a rats ass. Don't do it unless you really need a job and have a plan to get a better one.
>>
>>32065786
It was too late for me to join
>>
>>32064920
Our store has both armed and unarmed security guards. At least the armed ones look like they have military or police experience.
>>
File: 1476058102802.jpg (76KB, 730x486px) Image search: [Google]
1476058102802.jpg
76KB, 730x486px
>>32064920
>Guards at a grocery store don't have military experience
Would be kinda depressing if they did.
Fought in wars and lost friends to defend our country but end up guarding Isle 4.
>I watched bits off my best friend fall from the rescue chopper, to guard you while you pick out your fucking cabbage
>>
>>32065284
Homeless soliciting/shoplifting/car burglary + old people/young ppl who do not lock their cars = SW Fla. armed guard at the worst Publix...
>>
>>32067961
My colleague at PUBLIX (I cover for him rarely) is old, butthurt abt never being a cop. Here's a tip: your job is to observe and report, not get into gunfights or MMA in the parking lot. If you see trouble, we tell the manager and call the cops. I'm working on GTFO out of the guard racket but it's a streaky paycheck.
>>
>>32068012
Steady.
>>
>>32064920
kek filename
>>
>>32066778
lmao
>>
>>32065284
The Chinatown in Orlando has two armed guards in the Supermarket and one that patrols the parking lot. The supermarket guys looked like cops in atire but I'm pretty sure they weren't. I thought I was gonna get in a shoot out with the parking lot guy because we was wearing shitty urban camo bdu style pants, a simple lvl 2 vest, a g17, and a grey ponytail; I thought he was some nut job at first. I figured out he was security when he was loudly playing "rock you like a hurricane" from his civic.
Sorry if this post was hard to read I'm a little drink.
Oslo there is the best ramen place in that square.
>>
>>32064920
> I work at an airport that mostly is used for freight
>there is a full two line security gate (even though I work night shift so only one line is used)
>there are only two security guards for the largest gate at the entire airport (which is kinda a major airport)
>one is fat, like scary fat for someone who is in any position that involves any kind of moving
>no joke he is about 500 pounds
>how in the fuck is there not a requirement to stay at least a little fit?
>>
I did a security job for a year at an inner city jewellery store. Sweet job, as almost all of the clients were by appointment. I was there to keep his insurance premiums down.

The old Maronite Lebanese owner carried a cocked and locked chrome plated .38 Super 1911 Colt. The thing should have been in a museum or gun collection somewhere. He would wink at me and say "No problems my brother I cover you. Bang! Bang!" whille patting the gun.

Nice work if you can get it.
>>
>>32069115
Was his last name Ayoob?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.