[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock 19 vs. Sig P320C

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1080.jpg (86KB, 564x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1080.jpg
86KB, 564x468px
I'm trying to decide on a handgun for both home defense and concealed carry. After handling a few, I'm torn between the Glock 19 Gen. 4 and the Sig Sauer P320C. Which one should I get?
>>
>>32062023
Whichever one you like more.
>>
>>32062023
Glock 19. My Sig has been unreliable since day 1. I've sent it to the factory twice and it still fails to extract.
>>
I like my glock 19. Just ordered some night sights and talon grips for it.
>>
>>32062077
I had this same issue and dropped it for a glock 19. The sig has better sights and a great trigger though. It depends on what you like.
>>
>>32062059
This
/thread
>>
Don't be a faggot. Buy both.
>>
>>32062571
I might, but which to buy first?
>>
File: 1462337269436.jpg (118KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1462337269436.jpg
118KB, 900x600px
>>32062023
The Glock 19 is 0.3 inches thinner and has the gadget as an aftermarket part. As a P320C owner, I would say the Glock 19 because of this.

You can get a bunch of aftermarket that makes a Glock 19's trigger as good as the 320's, but you can't get an aftermarket part that makes the 320 thinner and lighter. If the extra bulk and carrying without a gadget is none of your concern, the 320 is much more shootable.
>>
>>32063075
Try them both out, t b h P320 is better right out of the box but if you plan to upgrade G19 is better in the long run.
They're both really nice pistols.
>>
>>32062077
Same. Dropped mine for an xd.
>>
>>32062077
>My Sig has been unreliable since day 1

What the other anons don't know is that he's talking about a P-Series
>>
>>32062023
I have owned both, and currently own neither, but of the two, I liked the Glock 19 more.

Glock 19:
Pros
>balances very well
>trigger on the Gen 4's is pretty good in practice and can be made a little better if you want to spend money on it
>streamlined for concealed carry
>many options for magazines on the cheap and reliable, especially now with the clear ETS mags and the Magpul mags
>Gen 4's come with all you need to change the grip size
Cons
>sprinkler ejection pattern
>BTTF on the Glock 19 (gen 3) that I owned, but I was able to fix that by replacing the ejector, and despite that, it never jammed
>finger grooves (they actually fit my hand perfectly, but most people don't like them)

Sig P320c:
Pros
>trigger feels good, but in practice is not as good as people say, pretty heavy and has two clicks through the break
>positive brass ejection
>no finger grooves
>mine was 100% reliable
Cons
>balances like shit
>more snap from recoil than a gun its size has any business having
>frame feels cheap, shows fingernail scratches easily and looks like it was made in China
>stippling is like sandpaper against your skin when carrying it, eventually collects dust and looks like puke
>really no other options for magazines than what Sig gives you, which is shit
>you need to spend like $45 on a new frame to change the grip size
>streamlined, but overall height is taller than other guns for same capacity
>potential to get a lemon due to Exeter's notoriously shit tier QC

Instead, my preferred polymer carry gun is a USP Compact.
Pros
>reliable
>no need to worry about QC fuckups
>positive brass ejection
>no finger grooves
>light LEM trigger is AMAZING to shoot
>streamlined design
>mag release can be actuated using your index finger without shifting your grip
>balances wonderfully
>recoil buffer soaks up the recoil impulse
Cons
>slightly less capacity than Glock for same size
>legacy accessory rail needs an adapter or proprietary-ready accessories
>>
File: 1478572944349.gif (1MB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
1478572944349.gif
1MB, 217x217px
>>32063386
Goddamn anon, what a terrible fucking post filled with nonsense.
>>
>>32063386

Former P320C owner and I'll have to agree with this guy's assessment. I kept my glock 19 as it's been perfect with no brass to face issues and it is a gen 4 g19.

I guess I could add that I used to also own the subcompact p320 but the balance on that gun was horrendous. The high bore axis and it being so top heavy made the recoil impulse extremely excessive and not really fun to shoot compared to my glock 26.

What made me finally get rid of the p320 was stacking my glock 17 and p320 compact side by side. Because of the high bore axis the p320c and my full size glock 17 were about the same height! The glock 19 is just the perfect size and weight and wish more gun manufacturers would try to stay within that overall size. The g19 is pretty much the biggest gun I can carry and conceal easily, any gun taller than the g19 isn't going to work for my body.

Also the frame being so light and easily scratch-able made me not really care about the gun as a whole.
>>
>>32063690
not an argument
>>
for an all around gun get the g19. it's a no brainer. however, the p320 is a good pistol too, i dunno wtf everyone here is talking about it failing and stuff. shot about 1k rounds through it +p included and I haven't had any sort of problems.

>>>32063386
>usp compact
>hammer fired pistol in this day and age

lol fuck off gramps. no one cares about your shit opinion lifted straight out of a soldier of fortune magazine.
>>
>>32063767

I've only ever had one day where my sig was having feeding issues and that was because it wasn't lubed properly
>>
>>32063767
>>hammer fired pistol in this day and age
>>
>>32063140
In what situation would I need to momentarily block the striker? It can't toggle, what's the point?
>>
>>32063767
The USP Compact is a good gun. If you've never shot one, you shouldn't talk shit about it. I don't get the reference to the magazine you mentioned. These are my opinions that I have formed from years of gun ownership.
>>
>>32063804
Holstering a gun without having to divert your attention to your holster to make sure your clothes aren't in the way to cause an ND into your leg.
>>
A glock was my first gun, I bought a 22, then a 19. When I learned about the P320 I picked that up now it's the only gun I own.

It functions pretty flawlessly, but I have to admit that I've had one bad day with my sig where it kept having cycling issues. I've never had a single issue with either glock and I've shot both of those more than I have my Sig.

I don't agree with >>32063386 saying the frame feels like shit, honestly I felt the frame had a better build quality than Glock which is why I prefered my Sig to it and sold my Glocks while keeping the Sig. All of the components of the Sig are steel except for the frame which is opposite to a glock where most of the components are polymer except for the barrel, slide, and recoil spring (even the guide rod is polymer).

My choice for going with the Sig over the Glock were kind of superficial but both guns perform rather on par with each other anyways so it's no big deal. Not gonna lie I do wish sometimes that I'd kept my NiX coated glock 19 that thing was a fucking beauty but I don't miss my 22 at all.
>>
File: 1128151430c~2.jpg (3MB, 3061x2753px) Image search: [Google]
1128151430c~2.jpg
3MB, 3061x2753px
>>32062023
P320 owner.

both a great guns if you ask me. I have never had any problems period with my 320.

The glock is a honda civic, cheaper, realiable, and a shit ton of aftermarket parts.
>>
>>32063922
>I don't agree with >>32063386saying the frame feels like shit
Lightly drag your fingernail across a smooth surface of your Glock frame, and then do the same with your P320. Take a picture and post your results here.

>All of the components of the Sig are steel except for the frame which is opposite to a glock
Aside from the guide rod and magazine release, both of which can be swapped out with metal aftermarket parts, there isn't really much difference in the number of steel vs. polymer parts.

All I'm getting from your post is that your P320 randomly has times when it jams like crazy.
>>
>>32064116

As I mentioned I've sold my Glocks so I can't do a side by side comparison. But I did test with my Sig and I can now confirm the point you're making. I also know that wouldn't have happened with a Glock Frame. However that doesn't relate to the quality of how it feels. Which frankly, how something feels is opinionated anyways. It doesn't speak for the build quality. Just because something is prone to getting marks that it is less durable. After all it's not like I'm tearing away at the polymer with my nail the gun just looks a little less pretty.

And don't take what I said out of context and exaggerate what happened. It was one day at the range and all I shot was 50 rounds, maybe 3-4 shots malfunctioned and it hasn't happened since. There wouldn't have been such consistent problems on a single range trip if it was a design problem.

You've made some good points but you're clearly biased against Sig.
>>
>>32062023
Glock is more comfortable IWB.
>>
>>32064376
Yes, "feel" is entirely subjective. That was kind of my point. However, there is a torture test on Youtube where someone fires 1000 rounds consecutively out of a P320 and they found that the frame had melted slightly at the end, and this doesn't happen to Glocks, but that's not likely to be an issue for 99.99999% of real people in real situations. Unless you live in Phoenix and accidentally leave your gun in your car for more than an hour in the summer....

I'm not sure what context I am supposed to interpret the gun jamming, though. In any context, that would be unacceptable to me.

I'm biased against Exeter Sigs for the same reason I'm biased against black people when I'm walking on a dark street at night, or for the same reason I'm biased against hamsters. I've been bitten quite a few times before and have learned to be wary enough to avoid it happening again.
>>
>>32063386
>>32063720
Where do these bitch wrist pansies come from?
>>
>>32063829

still an answer looking for a problem.
>>
>>32067148
Do a Google search for "Glock leg."
>>
>>32064469

The frame melting is quite a concern. I really like the way Sig designs their guns but I do feel the quality of materials in some aspect, but not overall, leaves something to be desired.

They're a pretty big company and lately I think they've been branching out a little too far pursuing some stupid ventures, when they should be focused on better quality assurance I guess.

If the gun catching shells wasn't exclusive to one day at the range my opinion on the Sig would've changed drastically.
>>
>>32067234

why the fuck is anybody in a rush to holster?

i picked the P320 because the trigger is better and i like being able to do whatever i want (stipple, undercut, cut down, etc.) to a grip and only be out $40.
>>
>>32067234
>holstering your gun before acknowledging threat is gone/eliminated

Should all revolvers have safeties because some dipshits like to spin them around loaded like Ocelot? It's not a problem in the slightest if you have a brain between those ears.
>>
>>32067568
>>32067468
Your own incredulity doesn't make it not a concern.
>>
>>32068461

Sure pal. People can take baths with toasters, but you don't see that happening a whole lot, now do you?
>>
>>32069569
You're an actual idiot and you don't belong on /k/ if you don't understand how Glock leg happens.
>>
>>32069774

Don't bother posting if you don't anything worth saying, shithead.
>>
>>32069829
It was 4:00 am in America when you posted this, and it's a Sunday night, so anyone with a job would be asleep. Let's face it. You like to play pretend gun owner on this board, don't you.
>>
File: 1478109880649.png (70KB, 2024x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1478109880649.png
70KB, 2024x1432px
>>32067568
>Should all revolvers have safeties because some dipshits like to spin them around loaded like Ocelot? It's not a problem in the slightest if you have a brain between those ears.

HURP DURP FUCK STRESS WHAT IS STRESS LIKE GROW A BRAIN LMAO THIS IS MY SAFETY

The fact that there's multiple articles on the gadget that refute every stupid "argument" you have is indicitave of how very little you know what you're talking about. Fucks sake, go back to /v/ faggot.
>>
>>32062077
non-extracting sig reporting in... mine did this too >>32062131
>>
Thanks everyone, I guess I'm going with the Glock 19. And I figure if it's good enough for the FBI and Navy SEALs, it's good enough for me.

Is there any point in waiting for Black Friday deals, or are they almost always at the same price?
>>
>>32070612

I've never really seen glocks go for a special price on black Fridays but couldn't hurt to wait. I myself am hoping for a p30 or p30sk black friday deal.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>32062023
I myself have pic related, because I wanted something full size and able to chew through rounds for the rest of my foreseeable shooting days.

Glock is really the name of concealed carry, though. I'd get a Glock and a Sig at a range and see which shoots more comfortably for you.

It can happen, but is hard to go wrong with either brand. They're both strikers in your photo, so just get what feels comfortable
>>
>>32063792
Bad bait.

There's more fudds with 1911s than Glocks
>>
File: 9mm fam.jpg (65KB, 535x595px) Image search: [Google]
9mm fam.jpg
65KB, 535x595px
>>32064017
Same here. Have both a P320 and a G19. Both are great, but the Sig is superior to the Glock in every possible category.
Have about a 1,000 rounds through the P320 so far (it's my USPSA competition gun) and only ever had two FTEs when I was practicing with cheap ass Wolf ammo.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.