[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the 2nd Battle of Fallujah like? Are there any good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: fallujah.jpg (301KB, 1280x879px) Image search: [Google]
fallujah.jpg
301KB, 1280x879px
What was the 2nd Battle of Fallujah like?

Are there any good videos or documentaries about it?
>>
>marines lost town
>army retakes town gives to marines
>marines lose town again
> theend.jpg
>>
>>32061064
Pretty brutal.
"House to House" and "We Were One" are both books from soldiers and marines who were there for it. There's a few news/journalist videos on YT from people who were there, but nothing really substantial that captures it all, books are much more detailed and worthwhile for now.

The whole city was basically one giant booby trap/kill zone that insurgents had been setting up and planning for months. They knew they would lose the city, so the only fighters left were all dug in and committed to die, so fighting was fierce and desperate. Entire houses rigged to be a giant self destructing IED on a pressure plate, chechen snipers and MG teams dug in with overlapping kill zones, networks of tunnels for insurgents to resupply, etc.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-08-31-00-36-46.png (427KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-08-31-00-36-46.png
427KB, 1080x1920px
>>32062972
This is the official Army version. Crack sold separately.

Pic related is related.
>>
File: House To House.jpg (234KB, 640x964px) Image search: [Google]
House To House.jpg
234KB, 640x964px
this book will give you a good idea
>>
>>32063048

> anonymous image board screencap
> I work for DIA
> niggapls.jpg
>>
>>32063164
>I only speak in green text
>I'm more credible source
>Thanksforlaugh.jpg
>>
>>32063187

>yw
>>
>>32061064
Some guys got toghter with some marines and made a game about it

They said everything was destructive it would have put battle field 2 a game put at the time to shame but konami droped it i they are finished and it all done but no one touches it for some reason
>>
>>32063098
Listened to the audio book, was great. The fight at the end is just nuts.
>>
There's a wikileaks document about the first battle, which will probably be illuminating (especially the description of the city):

https://file.wikileaks.org/file/fallujah.pdf
>>
>>32063098
>>32067628

What I liked most about it was that there wasn't any sort of grand overall battle that Sgt Bellavia was aware of. Obviously it was going on and planned and all that, but the book was a very personal account of one mans fight.

This is one if my favorite books.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.