[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to get MREs? I'd like alot of them 100+

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: mre-contents-800.jpg (94KB, 800x489px) Image search: [Google]
mre-contents-800.jpg
94KB, 800x489px
What's the best way to get MREs? I'd like alot of them 100+
>>
>>32059116
The best way to get MREs is out onto a tray. Nice.
>>
>>32059129
Epic wordplay bruh.
>>
Prepare to spend $300-$400.

Gun shows are a good place to look, but they'll be a little bit more expensive. Military surplus stores are also good.
>>
>>32059137
What about individuals?

Are there forums where people go who've stolen shit from the military sell stuff?
>>
>>32059129
So glad this became a meme.
I always say it along with Steve every time.

>wait for it...
>wait for it...
"Nice."

Good on him for doing what he does though. I would like to try some of the newer mre's, but fuck trying the ancient ones. Let alone opening them in a closed room.
>dem cheese spreads from 'nam
Ugh.
>>
>>32059152

DUDE.

Seriously?

Old school survival food is cheaper, healthier, and lasts longer than MREs.
>>
>>32059196
Don't act like it doesn't happen faggot.
>>
>>32059152
>>32059206
Not really becasue it's not like people are given cases of the stuff when in training exercises and most people in logistics don't feel like giving up everything to make a couple hundred stealing pallets of MREs.

Also if you get them broken up they will go bad faster, the bag they are contained in acts as a moisture and air barrier, plastic breathes.
>>
>>32059116
i bought a couple cases of these when they were $36, pretty good per calorie cost.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/us-military-surplus-mre-entree-variety-pack-24-pack?a=1921651#
i'm considering adding some crackers, condiments and candy, then vacuum sealing individual packs, but i've got books to read and shitposting to do.
>>
I know I bitich about this in every survival thread but I do not fucking understand the point of MREs.

First of all, they are huge. A weeks worth of MREs is fucking massive. They are a ration for a MILITARY with a huge supply network.

So, say you are bugging in, or just living off MREs in your house for some god damn reason. YOU HAVE A WHOLE HOUSE. Get some actual dried food, rice, beans, dried/smoked meat, canned food. What the fuck.

So say you are bugging out, why the fuck do you have MREs. A block of pemmican the size of ONE MRE will last like a fucking month.

MREs are designed to have a long shelf life, be easily mass produced and mass transported, and give a bit of comfort to troops by providing a warm meal with some variation and oh boy we love our little hot sauces and cheese packets. Also known for causing massive constipation and/or diarrhea.

I chose not to be retarded and actually have good survival food. Pemmican and my special hard-tack will last fucking forever and provide asston of carbs, fat, and protein. I make some soft-tack out of bean flour, quinoa flour, bit of brown rice flour. Motherfuckin delicious beef jerkey. C O F F E E. Properly sealed hard cheeses will last a damn while too. Freeze-dried soup. All delicious, long shelf life, not gigantic, probably healthier.

My little MREs are like 1/5 the size of an MRE and designed for emergency and sustenance while trying to find actual food.

1x pemmican
1x hard tack cracker
1x soft tack coofie
1x piece of chocolate
1x lil salt packet
1x cup of coffee
2x piece of beef jerky
1x dried fruits or 1x dried soup
.5x multi-vitamin

Included in my secondary bag, non-essential but good shit, I have some shit like hot sauce, herbs, rice, beans, salt, liquor, olive oil, baking powder, yeast, etc. People just go apeshit with survival foods, I think my emergency foods are very comfy but plan to rely on delicious squirrel soups and acorn bread.
>>
>>32059251
If you can't be arsed just
>get a large maylar bag thing meant to fit inside 5gal buckets
>put your MREs in there with a bunch of oxygen adsorbents
>suck out what air you can by sealing most of it but leaving a space for a vacuum cleaner
>put it in a 5 gal bucket
>close it up
>>32059283
You forgot the Appalachian trail, you always mention walking that bit of dirt.
>>
>>32059283
I'm not buying them for survival. I work 12 hours a day with no acess to food outside of what I bring to work. I want to start using MRE's once or twice a week to save me some effort
>>
>>32059305
Do you not have a break room? Regular food, and fridge. One of the guys would bring frozen TV dinners and nuke them.
>>
>>32059341
Nope. I work as a Jailer and we don't have scheduled breaks or lunches. You eat when you can. It's also a 12 hour shift so i'm trying to find an easy/cost effective way to bring my breakfeast lunch and dinner to work whilst not having to prep it every morning.
>>
>>32059362
are you going for the MRE so you can have some hot raviolis and shit? I also used to hate making some shit to take to work and I had breaks but I didn't want to waste break time warming food up and eating it with a bunch of lip smacking old people so I would mostly take fruit and nuts and eat them while smoking alone outside. Fruits fill you up and nuts are pretty good energy, then I would get some good protein bars or trailbars to keep in my pocket. It was kinda nice having a full meal every now and then but I felt like a big hot meal slows me down and by eating light at work it helped me lose weight and save money.
>>
>>32059292
i already vacuum sealed them in bulk in mylar bags, they just aren't individual full diy mres. i really just have them to augment my hurricane supplies.

>>32059305
then this
>>32059251
is a pretty cheap option.
>>
>>32059116
Military surplus tend to have a lot of them.
Or site like ASMC.de. That's where I get mines, they have US and European (FR, DE, etc...) MREs.
>>
>>32059116
Join the army, seriously, I have a dozen cases of MRE'S in my basement. They just keep giving them to me, making me carry them, and then don't give me time to eat them.
>>
>>32061205
Mostly why not item, Americans drink a lot of coffee. A little caffeine during long operations isn't bad either.
>>
>>32059748
kek. Is this another situation where they have to meet their budget so they just spend it on whatever so they get as much next year?
>>
>>32061273
Nah. Well maybe. They're required to give you 3 a day. I've never really eaten more than 2 a day unless training was extremely intense. So guys always have extra.
>>
>>32059129
I love you lol
>>
File: poster~03.png (77KB, 234x200px) Image search: [Google]
poster~03.png
77KB, 234x200px
>>32059129
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.