[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone use a shoulder rig? i wanna know ups and downsides i've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: DSC_01951[1].jpg (3MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_01951[1].jpg
3MB, 4288x2848px
anyone use a shoulder rig?
i wanna know ups and downsides

i've got 686 that i wanna shoulder carry now that it's cold out
>>
nothing?
>>
>>32057926

>upside

fucking awesome,

looks really cool

feel like you're from Miami Vice

>downsides

if not sized properly, can hurt your shoulders

bitch to conceal

terrible draw time

flag everyone with your draw
>>
>>32057926
I was just going to make a thread about this. Just started riding a motorcycle again, and my shirt keep riding up in the back. I was thinking about going with a shoulder holster. Does anyone have any advice? I'm hoping shoulder holster motorcycle dude from the edc threads pops in on this.
>>
File: tfw no wide shoulders gf.jpg (380KB, 740x924px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no wide shoulders gf.jpg
380KB, 740x924px
Is this Nathan Drake cosplay?
>>
>>32058211
your post is pure cancer please kys
>>
>>32058170
Biker guy here.
If you crash even a simple 10MPH tipover in a parking lot, anything hard will concentrate the force on your body and cause damage.

When I was just a dumb 17 year old kid on a KLR250, I dropped it under 10 miles per hour on some coolant that was spilled.
A nothing crash with no bike damage.
I would have been uninjured except I landed on my wallet!
I had a rectangular wallet roadrash on my ass for a month.

If you decide to carry ANYTHING on a bike, knife, cell phone.... make sure it's not in an impact area.
>>
>>32057926
The ups:
It looks badass, like Miami Vice

The downs:
Slow draw
Can't draw laying down
Muzzle sweep yourself and everyone to your side when you draw
Not as comfortable as you'd think
Actually hot in the summer and, if leather, will stain white shirts
>>
I occasionally carry a government model 1911 in a vertical shoulder rig.

Pros:
>Reasonably comfortable
>Reasonably fast draw
>Can draw while seated

Cons:
>Can be carried under summer clothes, but makes a noticeable bulge so I don't recommend it
>Clothing can impede draw
>Crossdraw can be tricky
>>
>>32057926
>upside
Fucking comfy, sexy, easy to CC something large with, and seriously badass (a nice cherry on top of you ask me)

>downside
If you don't get one that actually has a strap to hold the gun in place it'll fall out.
It hampers being able to bend over easily (though if you can do squats it's great, just don't try to fix a car or something in one) and if the extra mag pouch isn't positioned right the mag'll dig into your bicep.
>>
they are cool looking but i dont like any sort of cross draw
>>
File: Miami_Vice_Blues_Glass.jpg (24KB, 385x477px) Image search: [Google]
Miami_Vice_Blues_Glass.jpg
24KB, 385x477px
>ywn be this cool
>>
i used to carry like this but i sweat all over my gun

so if youre a sweat hog like me, i wouldnt recommend it
>>
>>32058690
>riding God tier klr250
You're alright bikebro
>>
>>32058690
Thank bi/k/e dude. This is b/ar/man for the record. So what do you recommend? I normally carry an xdm iwb. I was thinking of maybe a single stack 1911 in a shoulder holster for when I ride? I never plan to ride without my jacket. I'm sort of big on personal protective equipment.
>>
>you will never shoulder carry a mac 10 and use it to assassinate a rival Columbian drug lord in a Miami nightclub in the 80's
Why live?
>>
I drive around a lot on it's hard to get to my appendix holster in the car. So I've been at a shoulder holster I can throw on in the car.

Are there any good affordable shoulder holsters for Glock 19s?

With all the homeless getting uppity in the area and these BLM/Trump protests, I'm at most risk in my car if they block the road.
>>
No cc fag here, but it seems like the only viable option for concealment if you don't wear your shirts untucked like a scrub and pair it with a lightweight sport coat.
>>
>>32059554
Holy fuck I want that shirt.
>>
>>32059708
It's a pretty great shirt
>>
Anyone try the Condor shoulder holster on lapolicegear? It's cheap af. I carried my cz75 in an iwb this weekend and it's just so heavy. Feels like I need a counterweight on the other side of my belt.
>>
>>32059701
I iwb and I just wear a pullover and jeans
>>
>>32057926
I sometimes carry an M&P Shield in a DeSantis NY Undercover shoulder rig. It's more comfortable for sitting/driving, and is easy to conceal in winter, but still a lot harder to conceal than IWB. I think anything larger than a single-stack subcompact would be extremely hard to conceal in a shoulder rig unless you always wear a baggy coat.

>>32058170
The shoulder rig works well on a bike, but my jacket has an inside front pocket that I think works better for a small gun. You need to wear a fairly bulky jacket or the shoulder rig will print obviously when your arms are forward.
>>
>>32060333
M65, plus t shirt and jeans. I was able to conceal a 1911 govt with a M65 quite easily.

About as suspecting as another bloke in a jacket on the street.
>>
>>32059701
There are elastic and Velcro bands that can go around the waist or chest. That's what I use for my compact, as I'm a thin guy and the shoulder rig looks super obvious on me.

I can tuck it in and wear it with dressier clothes no problem.
>>
File: 51T4fKctSAL._SY300_.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
51T4fKctSAL._SY300_.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>32060333
My jacket is a mesh with full 'armor' inserts. I don't expect printing to be as bad. Especially when with my current iwb, my jacket and shirt lift up in the back when I'm tucked over. At that point I'm just open carrying.
>>
>>32059701
Tuckable IWB holsters are a thing.
>>
>>32060599
>My jacket is a mesh with full 'armor' inserts.
What, an armored jacket? With Kevlar and everything?
>>
>>32062774

He means motorcycle armor.
>>
>>32062791
Does a "kevlar jacket'' actually exist? Like, invisible body armor?
>>
you guys don't know how to draw if you're flagging your self, I carry a G17 in a galco jackass rig pretty frequently. The secret is to put your left arm up and out chicken wing style and keep the gun pointed at the floor until its out front. It's that simple to draw without flagging anyone including you.
>>
>>32062841

Yeah:

http://www.bulletblocker.com/bullet-proof-clothing.html
>>
>>32062906
I bet you practice that a lot. A shoulder holster is a sure sign of a pre-mall ninja.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.