[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foreign Legions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: xhnst748hpyx (1).jpg (96KB, 1066x1280px) Image search: [Google]
xhnst748hpyx (1).jpg
96KB, 1066x1280px
Discuss goods and bads. Also citizenship for military service - is it a prank? Yes or no
>>
File: hz9Ibvw.png (399KB, 632x567px) Image search: [Google]
hz9Ibvw.png
399KB, 632x567px
This is a serious thread for serious peoples. No shitposting allowed. Be thoughtful.
>>
>>32057550
If they're legal aliens I think the state is honor bound to give citizenship (so long as they're not dishonorably discharged).
>>
>Is it a prank?

No

Is it one of the most retarded things I've ever heard? Fuck yes it is.

The foreigners are always the ones that get busted with drugs, diddling pre-teens, or "accidentally" talking to the wrong people with sensitive info.

Plus every one I've worked with has talked openly about how America sucks but that sweet sweet bennie money is going to bring their parasite family over.
>>
Citizenship shouldn't be used as a trump card.

I feel like that cheapens nationalism.
>>
>>32059227

That's what you get with a misunderstood fiat economy.
>>
>>32059227
Depends what foreigners. If you take shit like Mexicans or Kebab then what do you expect
>>
>>32057550
it a wide question with multiple answers because of out comes
when I was a marine , we had four born Mexicans who immigrated to America legally and enlisted to fast track their citizenship , only one got it , two got dishonorably discharged and I don't know what happened to the last one

https://news.vice.com/video/deported-veterans-of-america

as for places like Sweden and Germany , some of there veteran and active soldiers left to go fight for ISIS , al Qaeda and a few other Islamic rebel groups

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/04/13/german-army-ids-22-soldiers-fighting-with-isis-in-syria-iraq.html
http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.676/sweden-to-reward-returning-isis-jihadists.html
https://www.rt.com/news/339362-germany-soldiers-isis-defect/
there was a Swedish muslim on a video on YouTube for some time recruitment foreigners to come fight

so ya you Sweden tried some program to take immigrants into their army to help them with job and some such shit and now it turned on them
>>
>>32057550
Well, if the container is filled with air and substrate instead of water, it's called a terrarium not an aquarium.
>>
>>32059241
what is nationalism without citizenship? that's straight up racism bud
>>
>>32059372
I'd take a Mexican straight outa Mexico before an American black from a large city 9 times out 10.

In fact in the Marines I think that's the policy.
>>
>>32057550
I got into some financial shit at one point in my life and I honestly looked into joining the French Foreign Legion just for a chance to start over. I never ended up doing it, if I did I would probably regret it but I did read up on it quite a bit.

When you enlist you have to sign a contract for 5 years, you can apply for a French citizenship after 3 but I don't know how likely it is that you will actually get it. Another way is to become a citizen is to become "French by spilled blood", if you get wounded in battle you can apply for a citizenship and this way you are actually likely to get your application approved.

Considering the fact that you will have the love of France or the love of the Legion at the very least pounded into you 24/7 for five years and on top of that the legion probably gets the shittiest of the shittiest jobs I think citizenship is a fair reward, especially if you factor in the fact that there are easier ways to get it too.

Oh also let's not forget that they have Interpol do a background on every applicant.
>>
>>32060745
>liberals are actually this stupid
>>
>>32060991
So what?
>>
>>32057550
bad, bad, bad.

There are two reasons they are used. Either no men want to defend their country, which means that country is shit and not worth defending anyway.

Or the nation is scared of having their own citizens die in wars. This goes back to the first point, as the state knows they'll lose whatever support left if they lose any citizens.

And there are multiple reasons why they're bad. First of all, trusting foreigners to defend your country is bad for morale, both for the soldiers, and for the civilian population. The soldiers are fighting for another nation, which means they have no real incentive to keep fighting once it gets tough. And the civilians have no incentive to do their part in the war efforts, as it's only foreigners who die at the front. Then the front breaks apart, because of low support and morale. And then there's nothing between the civilian population and the enemy. I get that the countries using foreign legions also have an army of citizens, but the whole foreign legion concept is a weak link.

And then after they've served, they're supposed to be integrated into the society. This is hard enough for native soldiers in many instances. They tend to stick with their army buddies more than with civilians. This is way worse for legionnaires, as they only have their legion buddies. So, it's very probable a lot of them will live in parallel societies in whatever nation they joined, turning to crime, and being damn good at it, because of their connections and training. This in turn turns the civilian population against other legionnaires, making it even harder for the good ones to integrate.

Really, if you can't get enough volunteers, or even conscripts from your own population, your nation doesn't deserve to survive, and it won't.
>>
>>32057550
Can I ask, at what point does being born in that country make you a citizen nessicarily?

Like if you're born in Sweden but your great grand father was from Norway, does that count? Are you Norwegian now?

So basically anyone who isn't Native American isn't actually American because they descended from other countries?

Where are you from, can you trace your lineage back 5 generations making sure that you are a pure blood?

Also I've seen some sea lions in an aquarium, should they be in a zoo?
>>
>>32059227
Its funny. I'm from a small rural republican town and there's plenty of drugs and diddling pre-teens without having "foreigners."

I've never had an issue with any foreigners personally. I've had plenty of experience with white trailer trash.
>>
>>32062159
First of all, trusting poor people to defend your country is bad for morale, both for the poor and for the rich civilian population. The poor are fighting for the rich, which means they have no real incentive to keep fighting once it gets tough. And the rich have no incentive to do their part in the war efforts, as it's only poor who die at the front. Then the front breaks apart, because of low support and morale. And then there's nothing between the rich population and the enemy.
>>
>>32064499
>without having "foreigners."
>I've never had an issue with any foreigners personally.

well no fucking shit cletus
>>
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/22/multicultural-britain-foreign-conflict-mod
how about this?
>>
>>32062378
If you're going to use America as an example, remember that the 'immigrants' violently conquered the natives and forced them to live on reservations.
>>
>>32064499
White misbehavior is nothing compared to the behavior of blacks/muslims/spics
>>
>>32069936
injuns are not in any way "forced" to live on reservations..
>>
>>32070043

He's talking about the past, not the present day.

>The Trail of Tears was a series of forced removals of Native American nations from their ancestral homelands in the Southeastern United States to an area west of the Mississippi River that had been designated as Native Territory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_of_Tears
>>
>>32068320
>https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/22/multicultural-britain-foreign-conflict-mod

It gets dismantled in the comments section, which is pretty impressive by Guardian readers standards.

>>32057550
>Also citizenship for military service - is it a prank?

We allowed it, and still allow it.

The drawbacks are massive. There really are some massive, massive issues that come with recruiting foreigners - even if in the case of the UK you have some cultural similarities.

To be perfectly frank there's nothing that foreign troops are capable of that domestic ones aren't. There are some excellent foregin soldiers, but they're really not bringing anything to the table that isn't already provided.
>>
>>32070280

The British Army's Gurkhas seem to do quite well, however it is probably one of the most unusual instances of foreign service in the world today, since it is a throwback to a colonial model. The system produces good quality troops (though, not as operator as some /k/ posters would have you believe), and due to the large numbers of applicants, they can be very selective.

https://www.armytimes.com/story/military/careers/army/2015/04/13/82nd-british-airborne-exercise/25544073/

With regards to UK forces, I find it interesting that there are proposals like the integration of British Paras with the 82nd Airborne pretty interesting. Why recruit allies citizens for more recruits, when you can integrate their forces directly?
>>
>>32059549
And this is different from Americans joining the army so they can take the training they got back to their friends in the cryps or skinheads?
>>
>>32061086
Meanwhile conservatives are just fucking assholes who get their panties twisted up when you call someone by their proper nationality?
>>
>>32070200
And the only way that's likely to even come close to happening again is if the alt-right decides to make their Turner Diary fap-fantasies into a reality. The Mexicans, and even the fucking muslims (the ones living here), aren't plotting to genocide anyone.
>>
>>32072150
You're right. Only white people do bad things.
>>
>>32060991
Its not racism if you discriminate against everyone, regardless of race.
>>
File: 1466831251004.jpg (166KB, 812x727px) Image search: [Google]
1466831251004.jpg
166KB, 812x727px
I don't trust Mexicans in the US. Why aren't they fighting for Mexico? They're disloyal by nature, that's why. They will sabotage us one day. They all have to go back.
>>
>>32073550
More Mexicans are going back than coming in though.
>>
File: 1478697914539.jpg (71KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1478697914539.jpg
71KB, 500x334px
>>32075419
They all have to go back
>>
>>32073550

because mexico is a shithole like india thats why
>>
File: 1459388648991.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1459388648991.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
>>32075419
we gotta send em all back to africa
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.