[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Babby's first AK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: GP-AK-001_3_MARK.jpg (62KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
GP-AK-001_3_MARK.jpg
62KB, 800x600px
Alright /k/omrades, I'm going to a gun show tomorrow and my interest in owning an AK has been growing. What are the different types of AKs? Where do I start? Been enjoying my SKS for a while and looking for a reliable commie rifle to replace it as my primary. Can $700 buy me anything that isn't shit tier?

ITT: Redpill me on the AK.
>>
>>32056366

>Can $700 buy me anything that isn't shit tier?

pretty much a WASR is the only non-shit you're gonna get for 700
>>
>>32056374
This, or a Vepr.

I'm in the market for an AK myself and it seems it's either buy a WASR or save up your big boy bucks and get a Saiga, Norinco, or Arsenal.
>>
>>32056396

Are Saigas really over 700 now?

I got both of mine just a few years ago for under 600 each. Converted one by hand (308), but the other (5.56) came ready to roll.
>>
>>32056413
Election panic and increasing scarcity of import ban rifles drove prices up significantly in the past few years.
>>
>>32056432
think itll drop any time soon?
>>
>>32056496
it should with in a year or 2. i wouldnt hold my breath for all russian imports to comeback and cheap surplus everywhere but saigas were killed by executive order. trump said he would undo obamas shit.
>>
File: AK.jpg (57KB, 560x480px) Image search: [Google]
AK.jpg
57KB, 560x480px
>>32056374
>>32056396

How does a SAR compare to a WASR?

Also what about Vz.58's? I've heard those are decent, but are they available here in Burgerland? Haven't seen a lot of them around. Are they actually considered AKs?
>>
WASR OR N-PAP

WASRs are decent. A few years back their quality control was questionable, but from what I've heard they have really fixed their shit in recent years.

N-PAPs are good too. The Serbs have always built tough as shit AKs. The biggest problem the had was their stocks were shit, but they recently replaced them with better warsaw standard ones. The only real downside is they use proprietary furniture, but if you like the wood it comes with who cares?
>>
>>32056590
I wouldn't consider them an AK. They are good rifles in their own right but there are some key mechanical differences between them and AKs.
>>
>>32056590
Yes vz.58's are decent, no they are not AK's. None of the parts are interchangeable and the actions are completely different.
>>
>>32056590
vz's are not ak's. they dont share parts or mags, but they are available in burgerland. hard to get ahold of though, everyone sells out very quickly when they get them. I think they still make them actually.
>>
File: IMG_2226.jpg (65KB, 640x640px)
IMG_2226.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
What if I want a full auto AK?
>>
>>32056670
ATF pls.
>>
>>32056686
No, but for reals. Do I need to find one with a lower receiver from before the 80s? Or do I need a special tax stamp?
>>
File: rezised.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rezised.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>32056652
>>32056653
I got mine for 540 burger bucks back in 2013, best AK comparison I can make would be some sort of decent milled AK like a DDI
>>
>>32056366
Top tier
>Arsenal
>DDI (minus their shotguns)
>Saiga
>Russian parts kits
>Anything with forged trunnions and chrome lined barrels

Middle tier
>Palmetto state AKs (near god tier but they don't really enjoy corrosive ammo, need to be cleaned often.)
>Vepr (can be good, but they have some lemons)
>RAS 47 (Not great but ok)
>WASRs
>NPAPs
>Norincos
>Most parts kits

Low tier
>Anything else from Century (All their other guns a shit)
>Literally anything with "Inter-Ordinance" written on it
>Anything $600 and under that hasn't been previously listed as of November 2016

Watch slickguns for good deals often.
>>
>>32056730
you either buy one that is registered now for 30k or leave america and get one for 50 bucks and a chicken in some shithole country..
>>
>>32056797
>30k
>or shithole country
Blekgh... that's fucking gross. That's a gross way to live
>>
>>32056758
Go watch the ras 47 review multiple parts break and it goes out of headspace.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.