[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

INFANTRY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Why do I always see videos of infantry training in open fields? Why the fuck would modern infantry engage in open fields? That's a great way to get fucked up by armor, CAS, or artillery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzClG9WOW7w

ELI5 - Why on earth would you have infantry out in the open exposed like that? They are best to take towns/cities/etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzClG9WOW7w
>>
>>32055053
>Implying Strykers aren't just rolling coffins against a near-peer.
>>
>>32055053
Well they are marines
>>
>>32055149
Well they did simulate a Stryker brigade taking out an enemy armored brigade..only with heavy casualties.
>>
>>32055053
bcuz Russia is like 95% open fields.
>>
File: 1340520086409.jpg (71KB, 539x465px) Image search: [Google]
1340520086409.jpg
71KB, 539x465px
>>32055053
>Why do I always see videos of infantry training in open fields? Why the fuck would modern infantry engage in open fields?

Well, laddo.

1. Because training in heavy vegetation sucks fucking ass. That's why.

2. We still do. And it sucks fucking ass. And taking a video of your PSG screaming profanities after mother nature thwacks him across the face for the umpteenth time on the STX lane is only funny in the context of the moment, not as an Army recruitment video.
>>
>>32055053
1. Gotta cross open fields to get to the innawoods in most places
2. They're propaganda/recruitment videos, filming in the open allows John Q. Public to see all the "cool shit" you wouldn't be able to if it were filmed innawoods with trees n' shit in the way.
>>
>>32055053
>Why do I always see videos of infantry training in open fields?

Because if they were training in enclosed fields you wouldn't be able to see them, would you?
>>
>US marines

thats all you gotta know
>>
>>32055053
Fuckin POG
>>
because that's where the photographer has the easiest time taking pictures.

isn't it bedtime yet?
>>
File: 1454710623698.jpg (145KB, 670x424px) Image search: [Google]
1454710623698.jpg
145KB, 670x424px
>>32056979
No. Need a bedtime story. Please read the one about headspace and timing.
>>
Because officers literally become aroused by complicated conops
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.