[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dream AR build niggers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: navy-seal-rumor-buster-image.jpg (128KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
navy-seal-rumor-buster-image.jpg
128KB, 1200x800px
Alright /k/, im a cock sucking AK loving faggot, let's get that out of the way. I've never owned a AR, shot them a good bit, but always preferred muh AK's, but now that the collection is pretty much complete i've decided to build myself a AYARRR FIDDEEN. So, i've come to you shitlords hoping you could guide me through this a bit, any advice is appreciated, the girl wants to get me something gun related for christmas, so, i'm not sure if I should just start with a decent-tier barebones AR and slowly replace things off of it, or if I should just buy it piece by piece, open to recommendations. I know that the Colt LE6920 is supposively the go-to starter AR, which I may consider.

Only requirements:

-18" barrel, I want this bitch to be short and manueverable (Not sure what twist I should get, again, open to recommendations)

-Lightweight, again, manueverable, so keep this in mind when recommending any furniture/attachments for it.

I know fuck all about the different brands of bolt carriers/BCG's/ trigger groups/ uppers for AR's, so, any information anyone has feel free to throw it in.

In the mean time, here's a frogman, and i'll start posting some pics of the AK collection if I get off my ass, got some rare stuff, have a SVD I might pull out of storage, we'll see, if this thread doesn't get shit on.
>>
File: 20.png (38KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
20.png
38KB, 300x100px
>>32053947
did you really expect me to read all that, faggot?
>>
16"
I'm retarded.
>>
>>32053953
tl;dr help me build raifu
>>
>>32053969
no
>>
>>32053947
>-18" barrel, I want this bitch to be short and manueverable
pick one or the other 18s a compromise or a specialty barrel for someone with a specific need.
>Lightweight
this is easy pick a lightweight or pencil barrel profile. though really a standard ar is comparatively light to begin with.

you seem like a clueless fuck. a clueless fuck should just buy a normal factory gun.
get that colt. it will exceed all your expectations
>>
>>32053947
I don't think you'll like ayarrs. With AKs, you learn the types, and search for the examples you want, or build one that matches a type you want. Ayarrs are like barbie dolls, you just end up chasing fashion trends. Unless you want to do milsurp clones, and that's a shithole I wouldn't even wish on an AK fag.
>>
>>32054065
I honestly just want it for the reason being fucking EVERYBODY has a .223 and the ammo availability should some shit go down around where I live would be immense. Plus I need to do some training on another platform than just the AK. Do you do any builds yourself?
>>
Get the 6920 and be a yuuuuge faggot about the furniture like the rest of us
>>
>>32054124
Is the receiver/bolt carrier good on it? or should I replace it with something else?
>>
>>32054134
Its a colt fuckboi.

Of course its good.
>>
>>32054285
thanks bud u really r help a lot
>>
>>32053947
Just buy a fully assembled Colt
Or a fully disassembled Colt if you want to build something
Anything else is a waste of money
>>
https://youtu.be/glk1qMbj7S0
>>
The 6920 has DI in it correct? What do y'all think about that? Isn't piston better? Could I somehow get it replaced?
>>
>>32054371
Stop using my name
>>
>>32054371
>>32054429
SAMEFAG
>>
1) Go to Brownell's.com.
2) Get the 18" pencil barrel by Faxxon with the rifle length gas system.
3) Get an H2 buffer to go in the carbine buffer tube; it's what the Canuckian army uses.
4) Order some 20 round mags; they will be lighter and easier to load.
3) Install an entry-level prism or red dot scope on top. Apparently the sub-$100 offerings from Bushnell are okay.
4) Get a gen-yu-wine IDF army sling and lash it to your light rifle with paracord at any two points you please. It is the nicest, comfiest, handiest thing in the world.
5) Get a $15 JP 3.5 lb. set of trigger springs. That, combined with some anti-galling grease, will give your rifle a slicktastic trigger job.

The rest is up to your personal taste and pocketbook. Oh, and get the best bolt carrier group you can afford.

>>32054386
>Isn't piston better?
No. Not for an AR. Carrier tilt is an issue.
>>
>>32054429
I suspect another fake here.
What's your authorization code then?
Prove you're the real deal.
>>
PS: The video library at Midway is an excellent guide to assembling your new bangstick.

http://www.midwayusa.com/video
>>
>>32054429
Please neck yourself
>>
>>32054429
>>32054512
I knew you 2 were fakes.
Quit pretending to be one of my men, or you will suffer the wrath of the Alt Right.
>>
I'm confused.

OP are you still there? Did you get what you needed? Or did the namefaggotry frighten you away?
>>
>>32054587
Another tripfag shows up.
GET OUT
>>
OP here. I was thrown off by the guy telling me that DI was better than piston gassed, I thought it was pretty much generally accepted that piston is better because it makes for a cleaner rifle. Currently researching this 'Carrier tilt'
If anyone knows anything about it or can elaborate let me know. Also what's good as far as bolt carriers go?
>>
>>32054721
Pistons cause carrier tilt. It's exactly what it sounds like, a tilted carrier. It's uneven wear caused when the piston impinges on the bolt carrier.
DI doesn't have that unequal force distribution problem. It might be dirtier, but a quality DI gun will outlast 99% of piston AR's on the market (except for the 416)
>>
>>32054854
What's special about the 416?
>>
>>32054911
Hk did a REALLY good job with it. For whatever reason it is the best piston AR on the market in terms of performance. The Late Pat Rogers said it was the only Piston AR to not fail at his classes.
The scar might surpass it, but you were talking AR's, so I figured this would help.
>>
>>32053947
If you are going to get a 6920 try to find a 6720 first.
>>
>>32054998
why?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.