[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noob fired full-power for the first time. What's the big deal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: m44blast.jpg (31KB, 736x388px) Image search: [Google]
m44blast.jpg
31KB, 736x388px
I bought an M44 and fired it for the first time today- mix of Prvi 182gr and Winchester 180gr. It was fun as heck, and there was barely any recoil. Why do people fear full-power cartridges so much? I put a rubber buttpad on to give me a more reasonable length of pull, but that couldn't have that much effect or everyone who bitches about .308s and .30-06s, etc would just put buttpads on their guns and swear off intermediate cartridges. The bolt stuck like a motherfucker and I had to kick it open or really wrench it each time, though.

pic is just some guy I found on google.
>>
>>32053472

You develop more bad habits learning to shoot on a high-caliber rifle than on a basic ruger 10/22.
>>
>>32053472
I wondered about that too. Mosin recoil is a fucking meme. My Ruger Gunsite Scout has more recoil.
>>
>>32053494
You should try shooting a m95 cabine.
>>
>>32053491
This. I learned to shoot on a bb .308 and it gave me a nasty flinch for a while.

I still flinch on the first couple of shots of any new gun I get.
>>
>>32053472
were you bundled like op pic or were you wearing a t-shirt?
>>
>>32053472
An M44 weighs almost 9 pounds- of course it isn't going to recoil softly. When you hear complaints, it's mainly people who have bought lightweight rifles. They are nice to walk around with, but not so much to shoot repeatedly- they're more for hunting in the middle of nowhere, taking a couple shots, and dealing with the kill.

Example- the Tikka T3 weighs under 6.5 lbs, but you can get it chambered in .300 Win Mag.
>>
>>32053541
I was wearing a flannel shirt over a t-shirt. I was at an indoor range, so it wasn't really cold.
>>
>>32053562
>it isn't going to recoil softly
durr, I meant of course it is going to recoil softly.
>>
Because it's a 9lb rifle with a rubber pad on the back and you were likely shooting it standing. Try a 6lb rifle without a rubber pad and you may start to see why people want to put a brake/pad on the back.

I enjoy the recoil of a .45-70 lever action shooting standing, but not a light weight 308 without a brake, and shooting prone/bench and a scope on it.
>>
>>32053472
>implying recoil hurting your shoulder is the problem

>implying it's not follow up shots with semi-auto rifles

pleb-tier
>>
>>32053657
Funny you say that, as there was also a guy there slamming it out with a Marlin .45-70.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.