[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sword

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

So I want a fucking sword. I want to LARP and hang it over my fireplace and chase out intruders if I can't get to my gun.

What kind of sword and where do I get one. Alot of websites seem mall-tier and I actually want to get something decent. A longsword? An old Spanish style rapier with a birdcage?

Pls help swordfags
>>
>>32053048
>Coldsteel Gladius
>>
>>32053069
I don't want to fall for the cold steel meme
>>
File: kershaw machete.jpg (14KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
kershaw machete.jpg
14KB, 350x350px
>>32053048
ask the HEMA larpers. they'll point you towards a good source for a blade that won't break from the first swing.

avoid cold steel for anything not Machete tier. (gladius is about that)

I would personally suggest the Kershaw Machetes. they go for about $30-50 on Amazon and are rather well made for the price point.

as for the particular style, once you find a decent blade-smith, get whatever style you fancy.
>>
>>32053048
Khukri house, buy their biggest one.
>>
>>32053048
Gladius, Machete or Jian.
>>
>>32053048

Assuming you're talking about european swords, then you'll need to shell out at least $150-$200, preferably $500. If you can afford ~$1200 then buy something from Albion, the king of kings in swordfagland. If you buy the Doge I'll personally fall in love with you as there's nothing online about it at all and it's sexy as hell.
>>
For HD it needs to be longer than your hand and shorter than the distance from your elbow to the tip of your middle finger. Aim for something single-edged.
>>
I recommend hollow grind blades for self defense in the home. A good hollow grind will expand properly in the target but won't overpenetrate through drywalling. Consider investing in a crossguard mounted flashlight so you don't accidentally stab your children 15 times through a bathroom door. The Shining door bust with a sword is a meme, you need to invest in a fire axe with a proper wall locker for that stuff.
>>
>>32053048
Check out Kult of Athena. Their "Battle Ready" classification is pretty good, but remember you get what you pay for. A battle ready arming sword for $100 won't have the same build quality and durability as a $300 one.
>>
File: Zweihander.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Zweihander.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>32053048
https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-Handed-Great-Sword/dp/B000Q9GD2Y

Zweihander best hander.
>>
File: 794bc03d2a011534e8d46f5ce6a41f7a.jpg (272KB, 1060x1535px) Image search: [Google]
794bc03d2a011534e8d46f5ce6a41f7a.jpg
272KB, 1060x1535px
Have you heard of this new "musket" thing? Its pretty neat
>>
>>32056276
>firearms will be effective and fast ever
Get out newfag this will never happen.
>>
>>32056276
Tfw you will never be a musket knight with albeit expensive bullet proof plate armor for when muskets were still primitive enough for armor to be effective. Why live?
>>
>>32056326
This needs to be a game
>>
>>32053160
would the 1917 cutlass be machete tier?
>>
>>32053048
http://www.militaryheritage.com/
If you're looking for sexy swords these guys got some sexy swords for relatively cheap. I can't speak for their "combat effectiveness" but let's be real you don't want a sword for killing people you want a sword because swords are fucking cool as shit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.