[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled.png (8KB, 486x583px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8KB, 486x583px
Not necessarily this design but does anything that uses this type of concept exist?

Like, rather than air around the front post centering a notch, post, things either exist or don't, like it's yes or no in the construction of the sight picture? For example, in this there is no air gap at the bottom and no red visible than the sights are aligned left right.
>>
File: what.jpg (7KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
7KB, 242x208px
wat
>>
>>32052293
There's no inherit reason that wouldn't work, but it seems both really fiddly to make and less intuitive than regular iron sights. But no, I've never seen or heard of anything that uses that sort of thing.
>>
>>32052318
>>
>>32052318
>>32052370
I get what he's going for, but it would be pretty difficult to use. OP, do you think there's any practical purpose in making an asymmetrical sight picture?
>>
the biggest issue with this is you are focusing on the rear sight to complete the box. anyone who knows how to shoot focuses on the front. focusing on the rear or target is how you miss
>>
File: springfield-xd-sight.jpg (73KB, 750x717px) Image search: [Google]
springfield-xd-sight.jpg
73KB, 750x717px
>>32052468
sight picture isn't asymmetrical and the point would be to assure perfect alignment rather than just "eyeballing" it.

>>32052513
The idea is to not really have to focus on the sights at all, just make sure the "flags" aren't there, no gaps in the picture or no red. I'm sure a smarter person could execute the concept much better than what I drew in paint. The idea is that sight picture only comes together when things are aligned and is clearly flagged as off when they aren't. These are probably the closest to what I'm talking about but even then, not exactly.
>>
>>32052293
I urge you to watch Forgotten Weapons 'Bren Ten' pistol video.
>>
>>32052293
Things I think might mess up your design.

Perspective. Sights like this would only work when the eye is at one specific distance from both sights. people are different sizes and rest their eyes at different points messing up the perceived size of the two objects.

Focus. The human eye can only focus on one distance at a time. If you focused on the front sight the rear becomes blurry and vice versa so you won't actually be able to tell whether there is a gap or not.
Interesting concept but it doesn't work when applied to the real world.
>>
>>32052538
>The idea is to not really have to focus on the sights at all,
at that point you dont bother with sights or looking at the gun at all. you base everything off stance, a repeated grip and well developed muscle memory from a fuckload of practice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypJ7dYPHbVg
>>
>>32052538
Your eyes are really good at judging symmetry.
As >>32052513 says, you focus on the front sight, and just get it to where the same amount of space is visible on either side of it. It doesn't sound precise, but it works beautifully.
>>
>>32052370
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 1024x666px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 1024x666px
>>32052538
Steyr's have lower profile
>>
>>32052880
Totally different
You'd be 30 degrees low.
>>
Do it with love.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.