[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: glock.jpg (29KB, 470x300px) Image search: [Google]
glock.jpg
29KB, 470x300px
Do any of you autists have a reason I shouldn't get pic related for everyday carry?
>>
>>32049325
Get the .45 GAP glock. It's got almost twice the stopping power as .45 ACP
>>
>>32049338
>.45 GAP
which one is that? And why is the GAP round lighter?
>>
>>32049325
It's big and the XD-45 is objectively superior.
>>
>>32049451
>XD-45
good reasons. what makes the Springfield better?
>>
>>32049325
Unless you're constantly wearing a jacket or a big guy (4u) you should probably get something smaller.
>>
>>32049325
Yes. I do. You could get a Glock 19 instead
>>
Because it's illegal when you're under 21.
>>
>>32050175
I'm 6' 1", 270ish. I carry my 5" 1911 without too much issue. But the G21 is quite large.

>>32050190
Ok but why?

>>32050200
huehue
>>
>>32050206
9mm is cheaper, you can carry more ammo, easier followup shots, you don't actually gain anything with a .45. The energy difference is negligible, its still not a rifle or carbine
>>
>>32050119
>Grip angle
If you're used to 1911's or haven't used a glock, you'll usually shoot a pistol with a 1911 grip angle better.

>Grip safety for insurance with holstering
Glock leg is a thing for a reason. Not a bad idea to get a little bit of insurance that has no real negatives.

>inb4 arfcom story
Fuck off, it wasn't the grip safeties fault.

Otherwise they're basically the same. Both have 13+1 capacity, both are about the same weight loaded/unloaded (glock is slightly lighter), about the same dimensions (XD is slightly smaller), and after that it's mostly personal preference. Though I believe you can get XD's cheaper. Not a lot IIRC, only like $50, but $50 is a few boxes of ammo.

Glock admittedly has a MUCH better aftermarket.
>>
>>32049325

I have one and they are pretty big, especially because I have a light on mine Nice guns though.
>>
>>32050237
>>Grip safety for insurance with holstering
>Glock leg is a thing for a reason. Not a bad idea to get a little bit of insurance that has no real negatives.

That makes no sense. When holstering a pistol one still has a full grip on the weapon.
>>
>>32050232
>believe you can get XD's cheaper
yea i found an XD for 450, but the glocks are closer to 600-650
>>
>>32050272
I lift my thumb up while holstering so my hand isn't depressing the grip safety.
>>
>>32050237
>If you're used to 1911's or haven't used a glock, you'll usually shoot a pistol with a 1911 grip angle better.
I'm willing to learn it.
>>
>>32049325
Because 10mm is better brah

But desu if I could get one used or police trade in I would, I'd rather have 13+1 of 45 than 17+1 of 9x19 innawoods against shit like coyotes and hogs.

>also that ability to suppress fo fie that's already sub sonic
>>
>>32050309
>I'd rather have 13+1 of 45 than 17+1 of 9x19 innawoods against shit like coyotes and hogs.
absolutely

>Because 10mm is better brah
i'm a lot less familiar, and i rarely see ammo for it
>>
>>32050283
Hmmm Glock Gen 3s go for $499 around SC. I dont know if you can switch parts out as easily with XDs. Glocks are pretty much self maintained with no special tools or gunsmith needed
>>
>>32050292
Fair enough then.
>>
>>32050317
>Glock Gen 3s go for $49
I'd get the gen 4, its got a thinner profile

>Glocks are pretty much self maintained with no special tools or gunsmith needed
do you need special tools for the XD?
>>
Yes, there is a reason you shouldn't EDC a Glock 21.
>It's called the Glock 29
>lighter
>smaller -- 3.7" barrel and similar size to Colt 1911 Commander
>10mm>.45
>>
>>32050331
Im not sure thats what i was saying. Glock is the only pistol i personally know how to breakdown to armor level, easy peezy plus tons of aftermarket parts
>>
>>32050316
10mm is like 180-200 grains and about 3x as fast as .45, and from everything I've read its a bear stopper(the best you can get with a handgat).

It is very expensive, apparently will go through people/hogs/cars/your ex's heart
>>
>>32050299
Checked.

>Willing to learn it
I assume you mean that you are willing to learn how to shoot a glock properly. In that case the only major differences grip safety and price.

>>32050317
For XD series? To the best of my knowledge the aftermarket is almost exclusively stuff made by Springfield. So it'll drop right in.

Glock on the other hand has a much better aftermarket.

Not sure about parts compatibility between models. I assume they're basically the same except for slide/frame differences.

>>32050331
No special tools to the best of my knowledge. But I haven't bothered to break mine down all the way.
>>
5'11", 205 pounds. I carry a full size 1911 or hk45 no problem. Glock 21 is a problem.

It's huge, but the reason it is hard for me to conceal is because it's striker fired. Hammer fired guns don't have the corner at the back of the slide that likes to print through everything.

I keep a light on mine and it's a nightstand gun. Best method for carry is a raven vanguard 2 so you can get it really low and close.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.