[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Gun Buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1405879573143.gif (1MB, 219x199px) Image search: [Google]
1405879573143.gif
1MB, 219x199px
Looking to buy my first gun. Already decided to get a pistol. Have an older male friend who served in the marines. He says i should definetly get a revolver and stay away from anything with a mag. He says this is because there is always a chance of the gun jamming or some other kind of mechanical failure.

My question is, is this a real concern or is he just a revolver fanboy.
Also, any good revolver recommendations?
>>
there's also the chance of you having a blood clot in your system that you dont know about, and the force of the recoil could dislodge it and immediately kill you

guess you shouldn't get a gun bro

also marines are retarded
>>
>>32047218
Revolvers are great in their own right, but a semi-auto pistol is superior in most regards, especially for new shooters. Just get something decent and take care of it and you will likely never have a moment of trouble. And by decent I don't mean expensive. I mean a good gun.

Good luck.
>>
>>32047218
You sound like a retard and retards shouldn't own guns
>>
>>32047218
The ONLY thing revolvers have over automatics is that they can chamber really really hot loads. That's it. If you want to shoot some .454 Casull get a revolver, if you want to do literally anything else get an automatic.

Also note that this only applies to pistols.
>>
I always reccomend rifles for beginners. I'm assuming you at least had a bb gun or airsoft as a kid, or at least enough experience in videogames to understand what you want to see down the sights. That being said, try a few guns out at the range and see what's most comfortable and easy to learn for you. What's important is that you get out there and shoot. Often. Learn how to best use your gun and continue improving on your skills.
>>
>>32047405
How do you explain /k/, then?
>>
>>32047451
>The ONLY thing revolvers have over automatics is that they can chamber really really hot loads
And mis-feed. Don't forget mis-feeds. A revolver cannot mis-feed.

I could also mention NDA's, but somebody will start crying "cocked double-action"
>>
>>32047630
Could be a good teaching tool if he has to learn to deal with a FTF or FTE, provided his gun is good enough to not do it every mag
>>
File: 1477200746902.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1477200746902.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>32047630
>A revolver cannot mis-feed.
Depends on your definition of "misfeed"
The timing can and does get fucked up on revolvers all the time. It's a very similar problem, but can't be solved by just locking the slide back and clearing the jam.

automatics > revolvers
>>
>>32047218
You don't sound like you would be safe with a gun
>>
>>32047650
>but can't be solved by just locking the slide back and clearing the jam.
Agreed - it's fixed by gently pulling the hammer back and rotating the cylinder until it clicks into place. No need to drop the mag or poke around in the feed ramp.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.