[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chinese Police Pistols

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: BN-CM868_gun_G_20140424033405.jpg (48KB, 553x369px) Image search: [Google]
BN-CM868_gun_G_20140424033405.jpg
48KB, 553x369px
Does anyone know what they use? The only thing I could find out is that it might be a Chinese knock off based on a S&W revolver but they also seem to have updated to something new?
>>
File: norinco-np216.jpg (41KB, 610x438px) Image search: [Google]
norinco-np216.jpg
41KB, 610x438px
Yeah it's called the np-216.

Basically the government recognized beat cops were getting murdered and needed them to keep the peace in the uncivilized regions. Butthey assume these guns will inveitably get in the hands of murderers and thieves either by corrupt cops trading them off or getting killed and the gun stolen. So what did they do with the gun?

> cop only gets a cylinder full of ammo. No extra.
> revolver is designed to break after so many hundred rounds.
> they made a special ammunition which is basically a super weak 38 s&w load that you cannot buy anwhere

All in all it is everything Chinese engineering embodies and I kind of like it for that.
>>
>>32045504

I still find the concept of a Chinese gun that breaks after so many uses to be quite funny.
>>
>>32045504
i wonder specifically whats supposed to break? im guessing the cylinder
>>
>>32045876
I guess it's either that or the barrel cracks under so much stress.
>>
>>32045903
That would be considerably more dangerous and much harder to predict and attempt to recreate
>>
>>32045876
What about the mainspring or something? Maybe the firing pin? I would hope the chinks have enough sense to understand that the cylinder or barrel being designed to fail is extremely dangerous and stupid, but designing an integral yet mostly harmless part like a spring or firing pin to break is much safer and just as effective. Then again, criminals could easily get new springs, but a new barrel would be much harder to do.

Maybe it is the barrel, the little pill shaped cutout on the side might be designed to wear away after a certain number of rounds, which would result in the cullet losing a ton of energy after being fired if they were opened up.
>>
>>32045876
i bet its the frame/topstrap.
if the barrel goes then its a super snubby. if its the cylinder thats insanely unsafe. however if the frame is wrecked the gun is unsalvageble but its not a catastrophic failure.
>>
>>32046102
>criminals could easily get new springs, but a new barrel would be much harder to do.
since the scenario is "if a bad guy gets it", i would think it needs to be rendered unfixable, as much as possible anyway. as far as being dangerous, im just spitballing but if the polic only get X amount of rounds, round count is probably recorded. after X amount of recorded rounds fired, they might just destroy it and get a new one
>>
>>32045504
China confirmed for Tediore
>>
File: supercop1.jpg (25KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
supercop1.jpg
25KB, 500x250px
>>32045504
No wonder they always hate they hate Jackie in Police Story
>>
>>32045876

Probably the paw/paw spring, if it's made of soft steel it will go out of shape and ruin the cylinder timing.
>>
>>32046140
>if its the cylinder thats insanely unsafe
>china
>safety
>>
>>32045504
God damn. They really *are* afraid of their own people. Holy fuckballs.
>>
>>32045833
It's a feature!
>>
File: rps20161015_232623.jpg (143KB, 1079x769px) Image search: [Google]
rps20161015_232623.jpg
143KB, 1079x769px
>>32047422
Yet they sell their military grade guns to us Canadian civilians...? I guess we're not getting invaded any time soon. Cool.
>>
>>32045504
Is there a source for this? This sounds fascinating.
>>
>>32047430
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlW3Oq7LFS8
ITS A

F E A T U R E
E
A
T
U
R
E
>>
>>32047503
Keep in mind the crappy revolvers mainly go to inland provincial police.

Hong Kong cops can be seen carrying anything from a USP to things like B&T TP9 as their "sidearm" and most will have select-fire rifles available if not on them.
>this is due to both the rampant corruption thanks to the Triads, and to the funding necessary to actually combat the Triads
Coastal mainland has what appeared to be a chink copy of a Glock last time I was there.
>>
>>32045833
If you're going to treat the cops as a higher class that needs guns above normal people why stop there?
>>
>>32047595
Different funding channels for department budgets and different legislative body.

Only mainland control is from the very top and from the PLA troops stationed in barracks dotting the landscape.
Everything else from the economy, law enforcement, healthcare, education, welfare to public works operates independently of China.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.