[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there a super solider program or some kind of consistency

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

File: Master_Chief_in_Halo_5.png (255KB, 309x718px) Image search: [Google]
Master_Chief_in_Halo_5.png
255KB, 309x718px
is there a super solider program or some kind of consistency plan if aliens decide to invade eath
>>
you're looking for the word "contingency" and im sure some think tank has a plan but it's not nearly as dramatic as a super soldier and much more likely based around repurposing anti-satellite missiles and nuclear weapons

mostly we'd just die because if they can get from their place to our place they outstrip us technologically by leaps and bounds
>>
Isn't this what the age limit is for?
>>
>>32041715

>muh aliums
>muh super soldiers
>consistency plan

underage b&
>>
the real contingency is launch all the nukes and martial law
>>
>>32041715
We will just sacrifice NEETs to appease them. Be worried OP.
>>
>>32041715
>some kind of consistency plan if aliens decide to invade eath
spanish flu
>>
No because if there's someone with an engine that will get here, it's also a literal doomsday weapon.
>>
>>32041715
We will sacrifice all the Asian booty in the world, and all of the school girl uniforms, to our new tentacle overlords for cross-breeding purposes.

Fuck, no, man! What, are you 12 or something?! Our best bet is something like "Independence Day" (the first one) where, by fluke, we manage to discover a weakness and Deus Ex Machina the situation, but we are pretty much boned.

UNLESS! Unless that one book series about Alien Invaders having developed advanced interstellar flight but had weapons and tactics of the Napoleonic Era is true. Then, we might have a chance.

Realistically, though, chances are that if they've mastered interstellar or, God Forbid, inter-galactic travel, then they have weapons we could only quantify in our tiny ape brains as "Magic" that could wipe us out in a trillion ways beyond our imagination.
>>
>>32041715
None I'm allowed to talk about, anyways. But don't worry, anon. The power of my sweater will keep Earth safe.
>>
>>32042001
i don't think here is any math supporting this statement. from nearby star systems a good torch ship could travel within a generations time.
it's technology barely decades more advanced than ours.
>>
>>32041715
Yes, and the program is run out of Ames, Iowa
>>
File: xcom bill.png (225KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
xcom bill.png
225KB, 500x380px
>>32041715
Yes, we activate the XCOM project.
>>
>>32041715
Dude, with how Liberals treat muslims, I'd be colored surprised if we didn't open up hostile parasitic alien refugee camps and let them get away with murder since we don't want to offend an otherwordly culture.
>>
>>32044080
We District 9 now.
>>
>>32041715
VX and nukes

But it would be useless. If an alien species had the technology to even reach us, that alone would mean that resistance would be futile. They would crush humanity like a bug
>>
>>32045256
Human diseases would be a bitch to aliums, disease would be the best bet. Hit em with some ebolaids nukes.
>>
>>32046085
>a civilisation capable of light speed travelling/ multi dimensional travel doesn't know about or doesn't know how to deal with foreign bacteria.
Nigga.........
Stop watching history channel.

Even humans have protocols in place to deal with possible alien bacterias
>>
>>32044080
>ywn never gentrify an alien neighborhood
>ywn post pretentious food selfies of alien/Korean/Southern fusion cuisine
>ywn virtue signal how tolerant and accepting you are of aliens despite actively avoiding areas where they're the majority
>>
>>32046118
>Light speed
>Multi dimensional
Fuck out of here, no alien race is going to be able to travel at the speed of light. Once they start breaking laws of physics they are no longer coming close to reality.
>>
>>32041957
>>32041966
I wish mods would b& these faggot threads.
>>
>>32046118
This, that's why I said VX

if aliens came to Earth, I like to assume they wouldn't be as warlike/wicked as humans. Imagine a species that is inherently peaceful and throughout its history, has mostly used humanitarian ways of killing, especially when dealing with other species. They would only be equipped to withstand attacks from certain types of weapons (most likely kinetic or explosive or laser-based), but they would be vulnerable to other, non-conventional weapons such as nerve agents, because they never would have needed to come up with (or acknowledge) something so cruel

>>32046225
humanity has broken reality quite a few times m8, just not in that way yet

although there is no need to travel at any speed when you have wormholes or something like that
>>
>>32041715
>consistency
>>
File: 1476069695628.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1476069695628.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>32042046
>Unless that one book series about Alien Invaders having developed advanced interstellar flight but had weapons and tactics of the Napoleonic Era is true

That's unbelievable even for sci-fi. Unless they accidentally stumbled on the tech and it was literally like magic to them, how could they develop something that sophisticated without having weapons at least on par with our modern world?
>>
Humans ARE the aliens.
>>
>>32046298
But What If The Aliens are The Humans?
>>
this is a pretty common tabletop exercise scenario actually.

the winning strategy is basically to adopt Maoist tactics and be as annoying to the ayyys as possible. Eventually, they'll realize it's not worth the effort and they'll fuck off, like we did in 'Nam.
>>
File: 1478378810765.jpg (312KB, 1100x1391px) Image search: [Google]
1478378810765.jpg
312KB, 1100x1391px
We cannot reasonably ascertain an extraterrestrial's intelligence, motivation, or capabilities without extraterrestrials to study. Since we don't have any lying around, for any serious contingency plan in the case of alien invasion we'd have to assume the following:

> 1. The aliens have a win condition and the means to accomplish said win condition.
> 2. This win condition is diametrically opposed to human interests (i.e., worth opposing).
> 3. The aliens can be prevented from achieving that win condition by human means.

This can take many forms. An alien invasion might be a shower of bacteria-like life-forms that eat carbon. It might be a self-replicating virus, transmitted by interstellar radiation, that once decoded takes control of our satellites. It might be a conventional, albeit technologically advanced, invasion a la Independence Day. I assume you're talking about that kind of invasion.

I find the last scenario to be the least likely, since the energy equation of landing on a planet, occupying and conquering it, and harvesting its resources are so heavily weighted against interaction that the very idea is ludicrous. Why bother landing on a gravity-heavy world, fighting a bunch of apes, killing them and then getting the resources back to space, all the while risking pathogens and insurgency, when it's a simple matter to just mine asteroids for whatever minerals and elements you need. It's like robbing a bank instead of cashing a lottery ticket -- why even bother?

It's an old saying in science fiction as relates to aliens: "We will find apes or angels, but not men." If we face apes, no need to worry. If we face angels, we're fucked. If, somehow, we face men, they'd have to be fucking retarded.
>>
File: nobody wants her.jpg (267KB, 550x716px) Image search: [Google]
nobody wants her.jpg
267KB, 550x716px
the aliens are already here and living among us, i guarantee they're on this board right now. do you really think they're gonna make plans against themselves?
>>
>>32041908
>if they can get from their place to our place they outstrip us technologically by leaps and bounds

not necessarily. slower than light travel can be done, assuming they have the balls for generation ships, or if they possess biological immortality (which is documented in some earth life).

with the right sort of government and balls of steel, you could feasibly go interstellar with 70s tech at minimum.
>>
>>32046255
>VX
>nerve agents

you know these have very specific mechanisms of action that rely on their targets having musculature that uses acetylcholine as it's mediating chemical and a cardiovascular system that relies on such muscles, right?

it works on all earth life because all earth life uses the same fundamental chemicals for muscle contraction. introduce a wildcard into this and it becomes 100% useless.
>>
>>32047285
Im intrested...ecplain
>>
>>32047327
well, it's pretty self explanatory:

when you hear humans talk about wanting to explore the stars, do you ever hear them seriously propose development of FTL technologies?

no, you hear "muh solar sails", "muh generation ships", "muh Orion nuclear pulse propulsion", etc.

some of these methods can be done with 70s tech (nuclear pulse generational ships), but it simply isn't done for political/ethical reasons (principally, no nukes in space treaties + it's unethical to operate a generation ship for pretty obvious reasons).

for a species that has no such treaties or ethics, they could feasibly have done this with tech that's +/- 30 years of our own. for a species with biological immortality (like hydras, a species of earth jellyfish), it would be even more trivial.

so, overall, the idea of "if they're here, they're OP as fuck" falls apart -- they could be US in Vietnam tier, today tier, or 2050s tier. much more manageable.
>>
>>32046283

That's literally it. They discover antigravity and it is so far outside the bounds of their understanding that they give up on the scientific method.

They invade earth and get #rekt in about 2 minutes.
>>
>>32046118
Alien Plagues are a silly concept, anything that had not evolved in tandem with the human immune system would be A) hopelessly outclassed and killed so fast by dem white blood cells you would probably not get so much as a runny nose, or B) would kill you dead so fast you would never be able to come into contact with anyone post infection, thus sharply limiting its ability to spread.
>>
>>32041715
there are super nukes hidden underground in select areas around the world

except they're suspended in the middle of sterile water

hidden under forty inch disks of copper, like a cylinder cap

if those krakatoas ever go up, it will blind the world in dirt and shake the tectonic plates

the thing that was in the way of those near-lightspeed atomized copper projectile shotgun will be decimated

oh and holes will be punched through the moon if its in the way
>>
>>32047421
I loved The Road Not Taken, for anyone who has not read it...

https://eyeofmidas.com/scifi/Turtledove_RoadNotTaken.pdf
>>
File: 1474808555206.jpg (76KB, 431x571px) Image search: [Google]
1474808555206.jpg
76KB, 431x571px
Wrong image, OP
>>
>>32047464
Why do you think this?
>>
>>32047471
Thanks for posting this shit anon I'm loving it
>>
>>32047230

Also Out of the Dark by David Webb was pretty good. It ends rather abruptly though.
>>
>is there a super solider program or some kind of consistency plan if aliens decide to invade eath

For what purpose?

What are we going to do, send them up a message:

>"Say that to our face, not in space, fucker, and see what happens "?
>>
>>32041715
If we had super soldiers we'd be using them on each other, moron. Thats even in the fucking game you're referencing. Spartans were made for fighting Insurrectionists
>>
File: 1479297645145.gif (393KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479297645145.gif
393KB, 640x360px
>>32041715
>super solider program
>consistency plan
>>
>>32052426
>>32041715

>Super Solid
>Consistency
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hqFwh4_whI
>>
>>32046118

It's not a real threat to them in the first place because no virus on earth will be adapted to alien physiology unless the aliens are ancient descendants from earth in which case I'd be surprised if the virus still existed unless some other animal could serve as the carrier as well.
>>
File: Imperial Guard on parade.png (2MB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Guard on parade.png
2MB, 1920x802px
>>32051255
But muh liberal Mass Effect utopia

Equality and mercy and whatnot are all well and good here on Earth, but out in space, genocidal xenophobia is literally the only sane option.
>>
File: IMG_1469.png (196KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1469.png
196KB, 557x605px
>>32041715
You need just one good person with good judgement raised by a bad ass grandpa who killed Hitler and really really hates demons.
>>
File: 1470765999223.jpg (47KB, 379x697px) Image search: [Google]
1470765999223.jpg
47KB, 379x697px
>>32044080
>threads about extraterrestrials
>/pol/cuck gets triggered by the word "alien"
Does this trigger you even more ?
>>
>>32055650
I'm just being realistic. DO you really think the Government would fight the first lifeforms we encounter from another world?
Even if they kill people it'll be like the dove shit "miscommunication" in Mars Attacks only never ending.
>>
>super solider
>consistency plans
>eath

Get off dad's internet little Timmy.
>>
File: 1456562306369.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456562306369.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>32044021
remov ayy
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.