[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is a rigger's belt and why do all the tacticool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12

File: arc-teryx-h-150-riggers-belt-12.jpg (59KB, 333x400px) Image search: [Google]
arc-teryx-h-150-riggers-belt-12.jpg
59KB, 333x400px
What exactly is a rigger's belt and why do all the tacticool companies make one?
>>
You can attach a fairly substantial amount of gear to them without them twisting or getting uncomfortable. They're essentially the next generation of ALICE gear: and are ideal for actually operating imo.
>>
>>32041472
Real riggers belts allow you to hook up for a fast rope or carry your weight on an emergency line if you dun goof off the side of a helicopter.

Aside from that rigger's belts being thick and stiff make them good for hanging pistols and a few pouches off of as a byproduct of the design.

Operators wear them, so now tactical companies make all sorts for for wannabes.
>>
It typically has a carabiner loop so you could use it to rappel in an emergency. They were originally marketed towards firefighters and first responders but have since migrated into the tactical arena.
>>
>>32041495
Riggers belts are not comparable to ALICE. Riggers belts go through your pants and act like a normal belt most of the time. They can hold weight for fast roping and carry a little gear, but not how a real LBE can.

Riggers belts get slipped inside battle belts to turn them into LBE, but that's a different thing altogether from a stand alone riggers belt.
>>
>>32041472

They have a myriad of uses. Some have cobra buckles, which make them useless when worn in belt loops. Mine has a stitched spot for a 'biner so you can fast rope or whatever. They're stiff and make good foundations for carrying small amounts of gear alone, or a lot more with padding.
>>
>>32041572
>Some have cobra buckles, which make them useless when worn in belt loops
What?
>>
>>32042934
cobra buckles are too thick to fit in most pants belt loops. if they do fit its a tight fit
>>
>>32042934
Pic related, it is a type of quick release buckle. They tend to be too thick for beltloops and limit how adjustable the belt is for wear as a regular belt
>>
>>32041513
>Riggers belts get slipped inside battle belts to turn them into LBE, but that's a different thing altogether from a stand alone riggers belt.

Tell me more?

>>32043052
Don't most combat/uniform/whatever pants have really large belt loops to fit stuff?
>>
>>32043830
>Tell me more?

It is where a riggers belt, a good one, is placed inside some padding with two or three MOLLE loops. This allows for it to act exactly like an alice belt, supporting shit quite well without the alice hooks poking you in the back, or being generally unpadded. It supports shit better, is compatible with all sorts of modern pouches and works very well for someone who subscribes to the "high speed, low drag" life.
>>
>>32043873
Thanks; link me to a picture/diagram/something?
>>
4 letters away from a belt that is good for hanging stuff up.
>>
>>32043895
Right there famalam. meant to post it with my post.
>>
File: belt_M.jpg (98KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
belt_M.jpg
98KB, 700x500px
Not him, here's a battle belt setup. I was thinking about buying one for the range, but just bought a belt for CCW and some HSGI Taco belts mags for the time being. Battle belts get fucking expensive.
>>
>>32043944
>>32043945
Are there any plain-Jane versions that would serve as an alternative for someone who doesn't buy into the tac vest/plate carrier thing? All I really want to do is lash my USGI mag holder to it. And maybe something on the back to serve as a fanny pack.
>>
>>32043944
You can just search "battle belt" and see what is out there, condor seems to make a good one..

>pic is one with a cobra latch
>>
>>32043988
Motherfucker. Forgot the image.

>>32043984
Probably something like this? Pattern varies.
>>
File: battle belt.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
battle belt.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
>>32043302
It is a pain in the ass, but you could always just take the belt portion off the buckle and then loop the belt through your pants.

Of course inner velcro belt is where its at

>pic semi related/old
>>
>>32043984

You could try the lower profile kinda battle belts. I can still use mine >>32044022
as a regular belt if I felt the need to remove all the molle panels on it (and my belt loops are big enough).

Mine from AWS is nice and sturdy to. If you just want the belt you could try that out or the shit from storm rider gear
>>
File: images(2).jpg (3KB, 185x272px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
3KB, 185x272px
>>32043984

HSGi makes a slim grip model, sounds like what your looking for. $80, without the inner belt. Pic related.
>>
File: 1466633744977.jpg (105KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1466633744977.jpg
105KB, 736x736px
>>32041472
>What exactly is a rigger's belt

Something that helps you not fall the fuck out of a helicopter and die like an unoperator
>>
File: Wheel of Fortune Randy.jpg (45KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
Wheel of Fortune Randy.jpg
45KB, 500x386px
>>32041472

But they don't wear belts.
>>
File: Capture19-660x362.jpg (62KB, 660x362px) Image search: [Google]
Capture19-660x362.jpg
62KB, 660x362px
>>32043984
>>32044064

Also, you can do what Rob Ski does and just get belt mag pouches and a sturdy gun belt. That's what I want so I just ordered the gear last night. Not sure how it will feel compared to a real battle belt, but we'll see.
>>
>>32044077
technically this stops you from falling out, but yes, it gets connected to a riggers belt
>>
>>32043945
how does this attach to the body does it just go on your hips
>>
File: innerbelt2.jpg (68KB, 510x750px) Image search: [Google]
innerbelt2.jpg
68KB, 510x750px
>>32044168

Yeah, it uses a a material that allegedly grips pretty good, but higher quality ones come with velcro on the inside, and you can buy a velcro inner belt that goes through your belt loops that it attaches to.
>>
>>32043945
Damn, you'd have to wear suspenders to keep all of that shit giving you an automatic tactical pantsing.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.