[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is the nuclear protocol? Everyone on the left is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: images (25).jpg (3KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
images (25).jpg
3KB, 199x253px
What exactly is the nuclear protocol? Everyone on the left is now scared shitless because trump allegedly has the power of our entire nuclear arsenal.

What is the procedure of even doing such a thing like nuking another country out of the blue?
>>
>>32037517

>Everyone on the left is now scared shitless because trump allegedly has the power of our entire nuclear arsenal.

You mean like every president ever?
>>
>>32037517
Im sure theres a checklist

>did they do something bad? Y/N
>was it really bad? Y/N
>was it really super, ultra bad? Y/N
>are you prepared to wipe out the whole world? Y/N
>if you answered No (N) to any of the above questions, do not nuke the offending country.
>>
>>32037517

>something happens
>someone calls Trump and says "Mr. President, we have a situation"
>you cannot hear the rest of the conversation but it is very important
>on the way to the situation room all of his advisers are giving him tidbits of information or plans
>it is very tense
>the President asks several questions you don't understand
>tense music is playing, something with lots of violin and synthesizer
>they are sitting around a table now
>the advisers are arguing, they are screaming
>President Trump stands
>everyone is quiet
>the music stops
>"so, Secretary Mattis, how many megatons do you think it will take to get those filthy Mexicans to pay for the wall?"
>the fire in Secretary of Defense Mattis's eyes grows brighter
>"sir, 14 megatons spread out over 20 warheads WILL get the results we need, the target list is prepped and ready"
>"14? double that, I want them to REALLY pay."
>tears of pure joy glisten in General Mattis's eyes
>"absolutely sir, consider it done"
>President Trump picks up the the phone and dials the Mexican president
>"I have some bad news. Mr. Nieto, your cities are fired"
>impotent screams are heard as Trump slams the phone down
>"I'll build The Wall out of the rubble of their cities, if I must, they WILL pay."
>cut to black

this is exactly how it would pan out.
>>
>>32037517
Trump is a risk with the nukes? You should have seen Bush Jr! They had a pair of clowns and a man in a gorilla costume 24/7 ready to distract him from that red shiny button. He was found one night poking it with a stick giggling like a 9 year old girl!
>>
>>32037517
Trump would receive an attack warning from STRATCOM.

His EWO would open the briefcase, which, among other things, contains a binder with various attack options.

He picks one.

Pulls his authenticator card from hos pocket, called a biscuit. He give the code to the commander of STRATCOM along with his attack option selection.

The SECDEF must also second the order to STRATCOM.

STRATCOM then issues the orders to nuclear forces, along with the authenticator code so that the strategic forces will know the order is authentic.

Then bright flashes of light.
>>
The perception of trump being nuclear happy is both bad and good.

Bad as in he might nuke something for some provocation that may not need a nuclear solution and could cause a war. Good as whoever wants to fuck with the US might reconsider because the new president is potentially unhinged and his finger is near the nuclear button.
>>
>>32037808
Would it need to be correctly justified or no?

Theoretically speaking, what is stopping trump (or any future president, really) to decide to just nuke XYZ country for no reason whatsoever? Implying the secretary of defense is also just as crazy as the president.
Is it really just determined by two people?
>>
>>32037813
This. Trump isn't a fucknut. He knows a nuclear war would be the end but brinkmanship yields rewards. Compare the responses of "oh no i could never even imagine it" to "well, its always an option if the situation calls for it wink wink"

Which of these people would you be more afraid to offend?
>>
>>32037831
Common sense. The only person crazy enough to do something like that is Hillary.
>>
>>32037767
Oh god I'm so hard from this, pure poetry.
>>
>>32037831
>Would it need to be correctly justified or no?
Yes.
>Theoretically speaking, what is stopping trump (or any future president, really) to decide to just nuke XYZ country for no reason whatsoever? Implying the secretary of defense is also just as crazy as the president.
The leadership of STRATCOM would be aware of any nuclear threat to the US before the President.
With that in mind, there are really only two situations where nuclear weapons would be used.
The first is in retaliation for an attack. As the commander of STRATCOM would undoubtedly be aware of any attack, an incoming order to attack in the absence of an attack would be indicative of an act by an unstable man, making the order ipso facto a warcrime, and thus, an illegal order.

The second would be a first strike that would be planned out. As the Commander of STRATCOM would be party to any such plan, the President asking him to draw up an attack plan absent a precipitating crisis or against an otherwise neutral country would be meet with resistance and would call into question the president's mental fitness

>Is it really just determined by two people?
Only the President has the 'Authority' but that authority must be communicated in concert with the Secretary of Defense.

What this means is that only the President can initiate a nuclear attack. It does not mean that the President can issue the orders without the chain of command agreeing that they are lawful.
>>
>>32037869
I don't know,mang. I feel like this would need to be approved by maybe one or two more people to stop that from being abused.

Maybe an approval from the Pentagon too. Idk.
>>
>>32037851
Brinkmanship only works if one party is perceived as irrational and will respond with overwhelming force disproportional to the action in which there is no hope of recovering.

If Trump cultivates a personality of being irrational (in which he looks he is) then having him with the nuclear briefcase could make other nuclear capable and unfriendly countries to back down. Flip side is that it could also cause said countries to beef up their arsenals and responses.
>>
>>32037517
The president has an SHTF button on his desk... It has a "safety" protection on it, but it's actually just pressure on the button.

Hope he's not clumsy..
>>
>>32037896
>need to be approved
As long as the order is lawful, there is no approval.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.