[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Appendix carry for driving/sitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 20161111_225853~01.jpg (3MB, 4785x2968px) Image search: [Google]
20161111_225853~01.jpg
3MB, 4785x2968px
So, /k/ I'm turning to you after much research on this subject turning up nothing definitive, hopefully this hasn't been an overdone topic.

I drive a lot, and wear tucked in shirts at work, I am a college student and money is tight, but I saved for a while and got a shield, a CC permit, and two holsters I've tried are the alien gear cloaktuck 1.0, and a bladetech klipt kydex holster.

I tend to go with the bladetech since I now prefer appendix carry, being as I am 5'8 145-150lb, pretty small, no gut, and I feel nervous about printing wearing at 4-5 o clock. But it gets uncomfortable driving with AIWB for more than a few min at a time.

Is it just because I have a cheap ass shit holster? Would a leather/softer one work better? Or should i go with something less traditional like the smart carry (where it sits next to your crotch below the belt line?

Thanks in advance you edgelords
>>
File: KSWMPS-Klipt Holster MPShield 1.png (2MB, 1440x1800px) Image search: [Google]
KSWMPS-Klipt Holster MPShield 1.png
2MB, 1440x1800px
This is the bladetech
>>
I'm interested to know more about this as well. Have a Shield with the apex trigger kit installed coming to me shortly. I'm 6 ft tall but skinny. Bump.
>>
>>32035994
The only decent way I've found was with a crossbreed appendix holster, and when driving I untuck it from my shirt and keep it out, even putting the belt behind it (im in CO, so your laws may vary)

Other than that appendix carry is really terrible for sitting. I honestly slide my holster between appendix and 3 o clock depending on what i'm doing

>>32036232
>Have a Shield with the apex trigger kit installed
Why do I always feel the people who have to tell you exactly what they totally have don't actually have it
>>
>>32035994
>>32036232
I comfortably carry my Shield in my G-Code Incog whenever I'm driving. Doesn't bother me a single bit and I drive for a combined total of 1:30hrs five days a week.

I'm 130lbs and 5'7" if that matters. Can't be fucked to take a pic but this is what I use
>Shield 9mm
>G-Code Incog w/ 2 hole clip (this makes the gun ride higher than the standard 3 hole clip)
>Volundgearworks Atlas G-Hook Slim

I'm waiting on a JM Custom "George" holster because I fucking hate this Incog.
>>
If you sit a lot wouldn't ankle carry be the best? Just wear loose cut jeans so your gun is always covered.
>>
>>32036413
Appendix is comfortable even when sitting. No carry method matches it in terms of speed whether you're sitting or standing.
>>
Hmm thanks for the replies. So I'm getting that I should try the crossbreed? It's a little expensive for me, especially when I could hit the range with that money:) but If it is worth it I'm down because I hate taking the gun on and off for driving, don't want my shitty neighbors seeing thru my window (apartment complex, neighbors like to watch from upper window, seen them do it before, it's weird)
>>
>>32036512
Get a JM Custom holster.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?3597-JM-Custom-Kydex-AIWB-holster-review
>>
Same boat with same Bladetech holster, except with a Glock 19.

I don't mind it for general sitting, it's comfortable enough. However, when I get in my car, it gets really uncomfortable.

I'm getting ready to get a high riding canted OWB holster to remedy this and just alternate it as needed.
>>
File: 123412412.jpg (18KB, 501x500px) Image search: [Google]
123412412.jpg
18KB, 501x500px
>>32035994
Ever consider wearing a shoulder holster under your shirt?
>>
I have a Custom Carry Concept Shaggy holster for a Glock 22. I can carry the 22 or my 27 in it and be fine sitting/standing or whatever. 6'5 with somewhat of a beer belly. The main thing i found was that if I wore my pants slightly higher than normal, the muzzle doesn't touch my leg and the butt comes past my gut so it doesn't dig in when bending/sitting.
>>
>>32036270
>Why do I always feel the people who have to tell you exactly what they totally have don't actually have it

I normally agree with you but S&W triggers are fucking trash.
>>
>>32037683
>Custom Carry Concept Shaggy

this niggas doing it rite. Take notes little niggas
>>
I don't carry appendix cuz I like the idea of not shooting off my dick. But has anyone tried the Urban Carry G2?
>>
>>32038025
>I like the idea of not shooting off my dick.

Carry DA/SA or a Glock with a gadget.
>>
File: road rage.jpg (59KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
road rage.jpg
59KB, 876x493px
>I NEED A GUN WHILE A DRIVE AT 90 MPH JUST IN CASE SUM FUKKEN PERSON GETS UPPITY @ ME

and you people wonder why your country is such a shithole
>>
>>32036270
>tell you exactly what they totally have
but he doesnt have it installed. he says he has it in the mail
>>
>>32038128
It's hard to take a gun from your person and place it somewhere in the vehicle without someone seeing in an apartment complex parking lot. And showing you own guns is advertising how much somebody could score in a burglary.
>>
>>32038134
oh in that case I have a mint condition mg42 waiting on a tax stamp right this very moment too and i made a chair out of all the surplus 8mm belts i got too
>>
>>32038156
>and place it somewhere in the vehicle without someone seeing in an apartment complex parking lot
why did you leave it in your car you fucking moron

>hurr lemme just leave this valuable controlled item in my car
>surely no one will take it!!!

holy fuck americans are stupid
>>
>>32038167
You take it from your person (holster) and place it somewhere easily accessible in your vehicle (center console, underneath a sweatshirt or blanket, etc). You don't leave it in your car.
>>
>>32038128
The whole world is a shithole, don't pretend that whatever rat's nest your from doesn't have problems.
>>
>>32038178
>don't pretend that whatever rat's nest your from doesn't have problems.
we just remain in our already fast-moving cars instead of coming to a complete stop to get into gun battles with motorcyclists over parking spaces we didnt even intend to use
>>
>>32036352
Eat a sandwich buddy.
> 130 lbs @ 5'7.... barely where you should be for your height/weight.
>>
>>32038176
>you take it from somewhere stupid to somewhere stupid

or you just dont live in argentina

or if you do, you leave it on your person at all times in a reasonable spot such as on your belt or in an inside breast pocket instead of digging into your spleen as you sit
>>
>>32035994
I carry a Shield 9mm in my Vedder LightTuck at 4o'clock with a mag carrier for the 7rd at 8o'clock. I'm 6'1" 160lbs. I never print unless I wear a super thin and fitted t-shirt. My holster is similar to the Bladetech.

Sure I notice I'm carrying a fucking gun and spare magazine while driving/sitting, but it has never once bothered me nor been uncomfortable. In fact, I was just at a friend's place playing Settlers of Catan and video games all night and no one knew I was carrying at all. I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
>>
>>32038187
nty
>>
>>32038185
The fuck are you even on about? Is there something youd like to discuss?
>>
>>32038078
I carry DA/SA. Still don't like my gun pointed at my jewels.
>>
File: 1477978249894.jpg (19KB, 473x278px) Image search: [Google]
1477978249894.jpg
19KB, 473x278px
>>32036618
>>
>>32038167
I never leave it in the car you shithead, I always put it back in before leaving the car... Wtf just gtfo of this thread with this autistic shit
>>
>>32038176
This is what I do now (op) but I don't want to take it on or off, it's not ideal
>>
>>32038272
Nice, okay, lemme ask though, how high do you wear your pants? It's starting to sound like there's a way that it doesn't bother people..

However I do agree, with a 4oclock holster it's much comfier, know it probably doesn't print, but I feel more secure with a firearm pointed at my femoral
>>
>>32038025
So don't pull the trigger while it's in your pants.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.