[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5, 10 shot groups @ 7 yards. Function test of 10lb Wolff hammer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: DSC_1210.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1210.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
5, 10 shot groups @ 7 yards.
Function test of 10lb Wolff hammer spring.
>factory is 14lb
Total shots for evening,
>14 rounds Hornady XTP
>50 rounds Tulammo
>50 rounds PPU (serbian)
>50 rounds Magtech
0 failures to fire.

So the spring is good but groups still aren't what I want.
>>
File: gitgud.jpg (696KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.jpg
696KB, 2048x1536px
We posting groups?
>50 meters
>Anschutz Fortner
>10 rounds Lapua Standard plus
>Peep sights
>Prone position with a sling for my arm, not bipod
>>
>>32034918
OP here, so made the thread to transfer picture to PC but also I have question if anyone can help.

The trigger is light and if I'm dry firing it or not really shooting for accuracy, the break is light, it's good.
However, when shooting slowly for accuracy, like I was at target, the break is like hitting a brick wall sometime. I'll see the front post start bobbing up and down and I have to really pull disengage the seer.

Anyone else have this issue? Advice? I can just slap shots downrange and not shoot so slowly but then accuracy suffers.
>>
>>32034954
50 meters with irons... very nice!
>>
>>32034970
Interesting. You say this doesn't happen when you're dry firing? I don't see why the trigger would be more stiff when the gun is loaded.
>>
>>32034970
It literally could be anticipation. Not trolling.
>>
>>32035020
This. I know a guy who never puts his hearing protection in properly and then freezes pulling the trigger.
>>
>>32035020
I'm sure you're right.

>>32035014
I mean when I slow down and try really hard to be really accurate the break "seems" super hard.
>>
It's not a target pistol... Buy a goofy looking bullseye gun if you want that....
>>
>>32035020
In a sense. What dry firing has a hard time mimicking is the focus that comes with live fire. Get out in the real deal and you're putting so much of your senses into firing that every ounce is a pound.
>>
>>32035020
>>32035086
So how to fix? I can shoot just pulling through but I only get maybe 3.5" grouping at best (7yrds) when I do that.

Goal is every shot in the red at 7 yards.
>>
File: difference.jpg (399KB, 2478x1200px) Image search: [Google]
difference.jpg
399KB, 2478x1200px
>>32035119
basically this
Sorry if question seems pedantic or dumb but I haven't been able to get any better than what you see in the OP and it's gotten pretty frustrating.
>>
>>32034918
I used to have this same problem op. The trigger is not getting heavier, your focusing harder and in turn becoming very mentally aware of the trigger. When you get the opportunity, do what I did to really minimize bobbing and shaking during that last few millimeters of pull. Balance something like a cigarette end up on the slide as close to the FSP as possible. Then while being conscious of the object (not the sight) dry fire as slowly but as steady as you can. You'll know you've got it down when you can dry fire without the object moving and the trigger pull is clean and smooth. I can't guarantee it'll work but it did for me.
>>
File: targets.jpg (216KB, 800x1065px) Image search: [Google]
targets.jpg
216KB, 800x1065px
>>32034954
>100 yards
>H&R M12
>10 shots each target
>Wolf Match Extra
>Peep sights
>Prone with sling

Top is my best 10-shot score recently, but grouping could certainly be better. On the bottom, sights were off and there was a flyer, but still six out of ten shots in one ragged hole isn't too shabby. Wish I could do that more often.

The H&R is a milsurp target rifle from the early 80s. Decent gun, but the stock is awful. I'm really considering an Anschutz 1907 or maybe FWB.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.