[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any experience with Aguila ammo? Is it poop or is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: images.duckduckgo.com(2).jpg (191KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(2).jpg
191KB, 1000x1000px
Anyone have any experience with Aguila ammo? Is it poop or is it meant for the range? Why is it the discount brand of ammo?
>>
>>32034251
It's actually pretty good.
I didn't have very high expectations of Mexican ammo, but it's perfectly suitable for range use, same as any similarly priced brand as far as I've seen in 9mm and 22.
>>
>>32034251
only stuff of theirs i've shot was subsonic 22lr. ran okay but why not support glorious usa ammo?
>>
>>32034251
I use their .22 ammo and it works fine, a little dirty but hey it's .22
>>
Fuck you, buy federal and leave the brass on the ground...
>>
>>32034251
It's perfectly functioning ammo, you're not going to be shooting it to win long range competitions though. Dirty as shit though, and I should feel bad for comparing shit to stuff that dirty, too.
>>
>>32034251

I just shot some of their 9mm today, holy fuck is that shit dirty and smokey. It was cheap and functioned though.
>>
I used their 22 ammo before in a revolver and a browning buck mark.
It sucked to extract from the revolver and ran shitty in the buck mark.
Would never buy again.
>>
Damn, is it really that dirty? I was thinking of getting some 5.56 for the range since it was cheap, but now I'm skeptical about this brand.
>>
>>32034611
I've shot their .357, .38, 5.56, and .45 ACP and they all functioned just fine and were no different than Blazer or Fiocchi or any other range ammo, cleaner that WWB.
>>
>>32034611
>>32034497
>>32034470
>>32034306
>its dirty

MAINTAIN YOUR WEAPONS AND CLEAN THEM
>>
>>32034251
It's fine ammo mate.
>>
>>32036909
I clean my gun after I go to the range, I'm just saying the ammo is a little dirtier than other ammo I shoot.
>>
>>32037027
So what? If the gun is going to be cleaned anyway, why mention it?
>>
>>32037041
If you have to ask then you don't shoot enough.
>>
>>32037057
I don't buy shit guns that like to fail whn they dont get cleaned after 3k rounds

also Slip 2000 EWL gives the concept of truly cleaning a firearm a big "fuck you"
>>
>>32034328
Or Fiocchi Perfecta, works just as well and costs even less ($19.56 (2x50)vs. $24.54 at your local Wally)
>>
>>32034301
>why not support glorious usa ammo?
Because buying foreign ammo is our way to tell domestic companies to lower their fucking prices.
>>
I have found Aguila to be particularly dirty, inconsistent and less reliable than any other brass cased ammunition. The reliability issue depends how sensitive your gun is, but it's still just bottom shelf plinking ammo at best.

I've had much better results with ZQI and PPU which is nearly the same price if not cheaper. For that reason I never buy Aguila, there is better stuff available.
>>
>>32034497
Hmm... I used to shoot Aguila when it was cheaper, and honestly don't remember it being *that* dirty compared to others. Or even being more dirty.
>>
>>32034251
Bought their 22. Cheap, shoots well, but its a bit dirty.
>>
>>32037882
This. I've had some hard primers (9mm) that have FTF on the first strike but will on subsequent trigger pulls. Could be just my gun though, but I haven't had that problem with other ammunition.
>>
>>32037847
This guy is right. While I can respect Federal to some degree, Wincheddar and Remingshit need to lower the cost and up the quality (mostly Rem for quality). Oh and stop outsourcing while maintaining their "American Pride" bullshit. Also, hornady can fuck right off because putting a plastic tip on a bullet and selling it in a low count package doesn't justify the outrageous price.
>>
>>32037882
>>32039504

I've had this exact problem only with ZQI 9mm.
>>
>>32034251
It has a strong ammonia smell. It made me think it was dirty ammo.
>>
I've shot it in .45, 9mm, and .380 and it always worked fine. All my guns are pretty rugged though.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.