[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Chechen War Documentary with English subtitles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: First_Chechen_War.jpg (185KB, 1198x720px) Image search: [Google]
First_Chechen_War.jpg
185KB, 1198x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLU_GLBBrqU

This documentary was first broadcast in Russia towards the end of 1996. Back the the media had much more freedom to criticize the government than it does now. It shows many instances of incompetence and the governments outright disregards for the troops fighting there.
>>
>>32033265
Going to watch this later, how good/bad is the translation?
>>
>>32033511

The translation gets the basic meanings correctly but misses a lot of things out, sadly,
But you can still understand what the documentary is trying to portray and it is definitely worth watching.
>>
>>32033265
>t shows many instances of incompetence and the governments outright disregards for the troops fighting there

There's a bit where they are hungry so they find a dog and skin it to eat, if I remember. Not too sure, it could be another documentary.
>>
>>32033566
>>t shows many instances of incompetence
I remember a report how russians had to set up a camp on a field which had been plowed freshly at a time where it was raining a lot, because it "looked good on the map". Also they where already low on ammo and got ammunition delivered for AK-47 instead of the AK-74s they where using.
>>
>>32033658

Yeah, there was also a case of soldiers getting killed and injured on a minefield because the map was marked wrongly.
The assault on Grozny on December 31 1994 was a complete fuck up. Unprepared young conscripts from neighboring regions, many of them just 18 and 19 years old, were sent in with minimal training and a lack of weapons. Many of them were killed, a lot being burned alive in their tanks and APCs which were sitting ducks for the Chechen RPG launchers.
>>
>>32033711

Here is a song about the assault on Grozny with English subs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXr0NRvJCbk
>>
>>32033730
>all those tall buildings with windows

must have sucked, I still think buildings in warzones will never be recovered and should be demolished.

meaning less bullshit for everyone, waste some car bombs or ordinance on leveling the buildings.
>>
>>32033761
>ordinance on leveling the buildings.

That's exactly what they decided to do in the end, partly in the first war, and totally in the second war. They just rained heavy artillery down on the city. By 2003 it was almost totally destroyed.

Here's a video from February 2000 during the second war. See what was left of Grozny back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dez_oyWHAy8
>>
>>32033511
just learn russian fgt, its easy

perfect translation for ever, you will be able to understand jokes from all those amazing soviet time comedies
>>
>>32033849
How about no?
>>
>>32034055
>I want to be ignorant
Okay lol
>>
>mfw the First Chechen War ruined both countries permanently
>>
>>32034152
>look at me shitposting
>it is giving me the attention i cant get anywhere else
>>
>>32034152
>I learned Russian so I can watch documentaries on youtube and listen to comedians
Yes, wonderful use of my time. I totally shouldn't work on my software dev or learn a language that's useful in the industry
>>
>>32034184
>>mfw the First Chechen War ruined both countries permanently

It certainly killed agaithe chance of democracy in Russia

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/12/-sp-chechnya-russia-war-anniversary
>>
I've just watched it and found it pretty interesting. The only thing it didn't show was the battle of Grozny in August 1996 when the Russians lost the city and the war ended. I guess the show was in production at that time if it was shown later that year.
>>
>>32034152
>I'm actually that autistic
>>
watch this plz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycn7XEoRSpA
>>
File: 1478807709063.jpg (66KB, 480x445px) Image search: [Google]
1478807709063.jpg
66KB, 480x445px
>>32035184
Hholy shit...
>>
The shittiest war since WW2, without a doubt.
Vietnam was brutal too but not to the extent of Chechnya imo
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.