[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War tactics that never work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 20

Name them off

I'm still waiting for an example of a genocide that was actually successful.
>>
>>32033232
Peace.
>>
>>32033232
Counter insurgency.
>>
Armenian genocide was successful. Nobody did anything about it and there's no Armenian state today.
>>
File: armenian-kim-kardashian.jpg (295KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
armenian-kim-kardashian.jpg
295KB, 2000x1333px
>>32033278
Not that successful

The rest moved to Aleppo, Syria and turned it into turbo-Baltimore
>>
>>32033278
Except the one called Armenia
>>
Weren't the Incas/Mayas/whatever the fuck those guys were genocided and/or bred out of existence/into mongrels?

I have been drinking.
>>
I don't think it has a specific name, but, fighting a war based on body count, rather than capturing and occupying territory à la Vietnam.
>>
Occupation and limited ROI. It never works because your lack of response emboldens the locals. For every one of your soldiers that gets killed you exterminate a village or town at random with airstrikes.
>>
>>32033306
I rather enjoyed this comment
>>
Native American genocide was pretty successful
>>
File: Armenia.gif (10KB, 304x171px) Image search: [Google]
Armenia.gif
10KB, 304x171px
>>32033278
>>
Is your expectation for a "actually successful" genocide that literally every single person of that ethnicity is dead?
>>
File: 1461863976570.jpg (18KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
1461863976570.jpg
18KB, 480x712px
How many Carthaginians you run into lately?
>>
Biblefag here.

The entire female population of the tribe of Benjamin was wiped out once.

The only reason it persisted was because the other tribes who curb stomped them decided to let the few surrendering soldiers take some extra women.
>>
Shock and Awe

I'm all for for the ocational overkill, but Shock and Awe really runs through your resources fast.
>>
>>32033405
Real events only
>>
>>32033232

How about Red Indians? Native Americans are politically irrelevant and boxed into desolate wastes of reservations, while the good ol' Yew Ess Of Ayy stretches unbroken from sea to shining sea.
>>
Invading Russia
>>
File: download (2).png (344KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).png
344KB, 600x400px
>>32033306
>>
Trusting Italy
>>
>>32033278
Confirmed Azerbaijani
>>
>>32033232
https://youtu.be/ox6MScSWp28
>>
>>32033232
Extirpation is also a genocide.
>>
Fighting an insurgency with policing operations.
>>
File: kangzanshit.jpg (288KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
kangzanshit.jpg
288KB, 531x800px
>>32033420
There are a few instances outside of the Bible that prove some of the battles in the Old Testament.
>>
Building capital ships.

More smaller ships always beat single large ships.
>>
>>32033232
Hell, the holocaust backfired, now jews are more powerful than ever.
>>
>>32033434
>what are Mongols
>>
>>32033232
>Native Americans
>Germanic Destruction of Romans
>Greek Destruction of Phoenicians
>Roman Destruction of Carthage

The list is endless dude. This is a retarded idea that genocide doesn't work, when its always been the most effective method of replacing a group of people with your own.
>>
>>32033232

SEAD
>>
>>32033748
You're just not making them big enough
>>
>>32033232
Dzungars got wiped out by the Qing but I'm not actually sure there were that many of them
>>
>>32033462
Underrated post
>>
>>32033372
Disease did the heavy lifting, white men essentially were left with the broken remainders to sweep up. Had there been no massive die offs from European diseases the colonization would not had been so easy nor fast.
>>
>>32034091
Don't Romans still exist today as Italians?
>>
>>32034091
This. Genocide is an excellent tactic, but it must be ruthless, and coupled with either settlement or mass war rape.
>>
>>32034671
Genocide is mean
>>
>>32033328
>>32033372
>>32033429
Our military has more people in it than every native man, woman, and child.

>>32034606
From a cultural standpoint, Lombards (a German people) phased out Roman culture and knowledge. Anything Roman surviving is either a bastardized version adopted by foreigners (Italians balkanized Latin through isolation), the Church, or part of the Byzantine Empire (which was more Greek than Roman anyways).
Genetically they exist, but it's no more than saying the Mayflower passengers descend from vikings (some do, some don't, very hard to prove). Or that the English Monarch is French because of William or German because of Philip.

>>32034091
/thread
>>
>>32033232
Christianity faggots did a pretty bang up job genociding Pagens, the Inca, the Aztecs, and every other culture except islam and India it came into contact with
>>
>>32035212
The Aztecs and Inca needed to be rubbed out. They were fucking evil.

'Pagans' is a pretty broad brush to paint all of pre-Christian Europe with. Most of those cultures are still there.

Faggot.
>>
>>32033397
Came here to say this
>>
>>32033275
Except it worked in Malaysia.
>>
>>32035235

Why do you feel the need to put trip on Phil?
>>
>>32033232
Shock and Awe
>>
>>32033748
I think it's building a capital ship to operate on it's own.
>>
>>32035235
What did the Inca do that was so bad? I know the Aztecs did mass human sacrifice.
>>
>>32033232
Invading Russia in the winter.
>>
>>32035235
Granted I do still have a rather low opinion of you, but do you have any sort of recommended reading on any late Western Roman Empire stuff? Mainly regarding military and government.
>>
>>32033301
Most of them moved to Los Angeles
>>
>war tactics that never work

Be America
>>
>>32034065
basically the same thing as russians.
>>
>>32033588
Right like what's happening to whitey in America and Europe. Tax the hard workers so they can't afford to have kids, meanwhile give lots of free shit to poor people who have lots of kids (mostly Hispanics and blacks, rapefugees too in Europe). Weird times we're going through. The extirpation is working really well because they're indoctrinated to extirpate themselves.
>>
>>32035325
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/sacrificial-ceremony.html
>>
>>32033413
One can argue that through quickly overwhelming your enemy and exacting your war goals earlier rather than later, you are actually saving resources and minimizing casualties (both casualties and consumption of war material being functions over time). This is further exacerbated by the fact that you can set the operational tempo that the defender has to be prepared to match or risk being completely overrun and annihilated. And if they are not prepared they have to result to low-scale long-term guerilla warfare... in which case nobody wins.

For example, both instances of the invasion of Iraq did not last very long and were very one sided.
>>
>>32035336
Not my area of specialty, sorry. My zone of interest -- and the dozen-odd books that service each era -- kinda jumps from Archaic Greece to the late Migration Era.

The Romans just never interested me. Although I found Caesar's Gallic Wars absorbing.
>>
>>32035390
Nah white people just don't want to have kids
>>
Trying to fight a war on defense.
>>
>>32033420
Actually, alot of old testament battles have real accounts and records.

Fun fact, Jesus actually existed.
Most historians will argue he was just some guy though.
Like how king further got super overhyped into legend.
>>
>>32035235
Pre-Christian Europe also had ritual human sacrifice. What you are saying is that you are a hypocrite.
>>
>>32035491
They got better, though.

People who sacrifice their own kids or make seasonal warfare so they can rip each others' hearts out aren't going to listen to the Gospel -- or anything else -- until they're flat on their back with a sword in their face.
>>
>>32035396
Using PBS as a source on 4chan.
Nigga wut?
>>
>>32035500
Pretty sure the American Indians don't practice ritual human sacrifice anymore.
>>
>>32033232
Ever heard of the Beothuk? Most people haven't, because they got genocided. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beothuk#genocide
>>
>>32033397
Well,everyday here- t. Carthage Mississippi
>>
>>32033429
manifest destiny, bitches! GOD BLESS AMERICA
>>
>>32035485
I do enjoy some of the war stories from the Bible. Ancient warfare fascinates me. Going back to Mesopotamia.
>>
>>32034606
you really thing that today's greasy dago wops have anything to do with the ancient romans?
>>
>>32034587
idk, natives were like Zulus but shitty, I think it could have been pulled off
>>
>>32035589
smash a pot, break a lantern, blow a horn, and the city walls fall down!

yeah thats warfare worth studying
>>
>>32035334

Mongols did it just fine.
>>
>>32035424
By Archaic Greece are we talking about the Mycenaean period?
>>
>>32035647
Yeah but if there is one thing John Green is right about, it is that the Mongols are the exception to everything, they're just a dynamically different people from everyone else.
>>
>>32035668

Except like, the huns, Turks, and even Scytho-Sarmatians who had no problem pushing around the Russians, Romans, Greeks, and everyone else they ran into for millennia.
>>
>>32035614
>like Zulus but shitty

How dare you compare us to coons.
>>
>>32034606
They did genetic testing. Modern day Italians are virtually identical to Romans.
>>
>>32035396
Oh well that's just fucking creepy.
>>
>>32035619

Or when you steal the sacred box from the jews and you get hemorrhoids, give it back along with golden statues of hemorrhoids and god will forgive you.
>>
>>32033232
>War tactics that never work A
Trench warfare
>>
>>32035271
no one cared about him til he put on the trip
>>
>>32033748
>More smaller ships always beat single large ships.
Wrong.
>>
File: Men into women.jpg (613KB, 2020x2244px) Image search: [Google]
Men into women.jpg
613KB, 2020x2244px
Culturalcide > Genocide
>>
google the original source of the phrase, "kill them all let God sort 'em out"

I hope you like double genocide
>>
>>32035619
>being this ignorant
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Opis
Fuck you ancient battles were intriguing.
>>
>>32035614
The big problem elements was that they couldn't have a standing army like the new colonials, french, or British, whereas there was no shortage of new immigrants looking for clothes, three squares a day, some land and some whiskey The natives embarrassed the United states in Harmar's defeat, and wiped out 1/3 of the total US army in St. Claires defeat. This was probably Washington's greatest tragedy and embarassment... something that is swept under the rug. They could account for themselves quite well in battle.
>>
>>32035803
How many capital ships get sunk by their own navy near the end of a war because they're losing?

They're never entered into battle because they're too valuable. Its moronic. The steel is better off being used for ships that while not expendable, are at least going to engage the enemy.
>>
>>32033354
War of attrition?
>>
>>32035810
What the el did you just fucking psy about me, you little congroo? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in Hacking 101, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on SERN, and I have over 300 confirmed exploits. I am trained in gorilla coding and I’m the top scientist in the entire Future Gadget Laboratory. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in Akihabara, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Steins Gate? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across several timelines and your divergence value is being traced right now so you better prepare for the time traveller, maggot. The time traveller that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my gel banana. Not only am I extensively trained in time travel, but I have access to the my entire arsenal as a mad scientist and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face ofJapan, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held to your fucking D-mail. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. This is the choice of Steins;Gate, kiddo.
>>
File: St_Olga_by_Nesterov_in_1892.jpg (74KB, 366x1000px) Image search: [Google]
St_Olga_by_Nesterov_in_1892.jpg
74KB, 366x1000px
>>32033232
>I'm still waiting for an example of a genocide that was actually successful.
>>
>>32035856
>How many capital ships get sunk by their own navy near the end of a war because they're losing?
None.
>>
>>32035255

Book I was reading that took to task the whole COIN business challenged the Malaysia ideal. What I remember was basically 1) the insurgency was the most inept bunch of retards imaginable 2) the Korean war rapidly drove up the price of rubber and tin and other resources harvested in Malaysia and brought up standards of living and 3) the british just went with a divide and conquer policy rather than "hearts and minds".

Jist of the book was that hearts and minds never really works and that the only way to win counterinsurgency is nasty, brutish and rough divide and conquer (but that really the only way to win is political solutions that ameliorate the insurgency, else it's whack a mole). And that small wars lobbyists are snakeoil salesmen - the standard soldier and military apparatus is more than capable of taking on the needs of counterinsurgency and according to him has a fairly good record of it. Also that generally COIN results in a bit of the Nietzschean abyss where the country begins to apply hard-edged COIN policies in domestic affairs. While I'm not entirely sure about the author's thesis I can trust him as he's not bleeding heart by any measure (bitched in the foreign legion book he did about how only a liberal can excuse the excesses of the FLN and denounce the less severe but still counterproductive excesses of the French).

Other problem of the COINdinistas is that they fetishize the stabbed in the back myth ("We woulda won Algeria/Iraq/Vietnam/Afghanistan/Northern Ireland/Vendee/Iberian Ulcer/ect if not for the politicians and the masses") and reject the Clausewitz "War is politics by other means" principle and act as if l'armee pour les armee.
>>
>>32035485
>Most historians will argue he was just some guy though.

Most jewish secularist "historians" you mean.

>Like how king further got super overhyped into legend.

How the fuck did you type further instead of Arthur? The F and A keys are several key apart. Anyways, you're wrong because Arthur from the beginning was presented in a mystical and legendary manner.
>>
>>32033232
Strategic bombing

>didn't work in WW2
>didn't work in Korea
>didn't work in Vietnam
>didn't work in both Balkan's conflicts
>etc

Yet nations still waste billion trying to turn it into a reality.
>>
>>32033939
>Implying faking the Holocaust wasn't a tactic
>>
>>32033666
yeah you would know, Satan.
>>
>>32036210
They tried bombing the Mauser plant in WWI and that also failed, as did the zeppelin raid on London.
>>
>>32034121
Like how is air defense even a thing?
Nigga just don't fly your plane there, let other people have sky
>>
>>32033232
The Yamato people genocided the Ainu pretty well
>>
>>32035971
dunqueseue?
bismarck?

you an idiot
>>
>>32033232
Neanderthals vs cro-magnons was pretty clear cut as well
>>
>>32033301
>The rest moved to Aleppo

What/where is that?
>>
>>32033434
>Invading Russia

le russia is invincible maymay

FYI Operation Barbarossa would have been a success if not for German strategic blunders
>>
>>32033301
Aleppo?
>>
>>32038150
Which strategic blunder do you think ruined Barbarossa?

Please don't say Kiev.
>>
>>32036051

Yeah, Malaya was always going to be less challenging because of the racial and political situation. The majority of Malays were suspicious of the Chinese-dominated communists, and were being given independence as a democratic country which would intrinsically be Malay dominated.

I can understand why some might have been tempted to apply this understanding to the Iraq insurgency (with the Sunnis in the place of the ethnic Chinese), however, in practice there are some serious differences, especially the borders (and meddling by bordering countries), and the necessity to reconstitute a government and security forces from scratch, instead of building on existing respected institutions.
>>
>>32034121

Except SEAD has worked several times. Whether it would work today between near peer opponents is not known, but it is hardly a useless concept.
>>
Anyone who thinks wiping out the Aztecs was a bad thing is a moron. Hell, most tribes helped the Spaniards. The Spaniards were bastards, but the Aztecs literally had play war where they didn't use the full power of their army so their neighbors would rebuild and they could play war again later. Not only that, they'd leave you alive, torture the shit out of you, fatten you up, then sacrifice and eat you.
Anyone who supports Aztecs is a moron.
>>
>>32033748
>Battle of Falklands, 1914
>>
>>32035389
underrated
>>
>>32035435
But you're not getting down to the reasons why. Also mass importation of third worlders to vote against white peoples interests doesn't help.
>>
>>32038298
>>32038139
Aleppo is a type of large spotted catto.
>>
File: 1465890969400.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1465890969400.png
129KB, 314x278px
>>32038027
>bismarck
>sunk by their own navy near the end of a war because they're losing
>>
>>32038345
Not him but I think one was not immediately going into full war production from the start, and believing they would capture moscow before winter
>>
>>32033278
>there's no Armenian state today.
Spotted the Azerbaijani. Nagoroh-Karabahk and Nakivechan is our rightful clay
>>
>>32035943
If it was we'll never have heard of it
>>
>>32038768
>saying this in post-election-Trump era-US
>>
>>32035542
>American Indians
>Central and South America
Those are called Mestizos, and Chilangos. There are also some preserved indigenous populations that live there as well, but there's also a shit ton of cults and narco cults branched off from them that still do human sacrifice.
>t. Caribbean Fag
>>
>>32035212
>Christianity faggots did a pretty bang up job genociding Pagens
They didn't genocide Pagans, they just converted them, sometimes through violence, and built churches on Pagan sites and destroyed things that were sacred to them
>>
>>32036210
You are quite stupid you know.
>>
>>32038027
>bismarck
nigga wat.

Are you confusing it with the Admiral Graf Spee battlecruiser? you fucknut.
>>
>>32033328
No, the spanish fucked the mayans and turned em into mexicans.
>>
>>32033232

>genocide that was actually successful

Genghis Khan?
>>
File: [Laughs geologically].jpg (79KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
[Laughs geologically].jpg
79KB, 500x461px
>>32033301
>The rest moved to Aleppo, Syria and turned it into turbo-Baltimore
Pic very related
t. guy living in Anne Arundel County
>>
>>32036194
King Aurther?
>>
>>32036051

>Jist of the book was that hearts and minds never really works and that the only way to win counterinsurgency is nasty, brutish and rough divide and conquer

This.

>>32038355

Iraq would have been over quickly had it been contained to just Iraq; the smartest thing would have been to create Kurdistan, Sunnistan and Shialand, but of course Shialand would just have become Iran bordering Saudi Arabia.

Unfortunately Iraq neighbors Iran and Saudi Arabia and is very close to Israel.

>backing Shia would give Iran a proxy state
>Israel and the Saudis would absolutely hate that

Hence you got this "unity" government where, like the old Seinfeld episode, no one is happy. Which is the ultimate failing of 21st century liberalism; multicultural states that have governments who can't satisfy everyone, so instead they satisfy no one.
>>
>>32033328
Mayan descendent s still exist and maintain some form of their culture in the Yucatan. As much as one can maintain it in the miasma of globalism as exists in the current era.
>>
>>32039361

I remember back in the late 2000s when the very idea of greater federalism for Iraq was treated as taboo as saying the Eucharist is a sham in 14th century France. The international community is emphatically hostile to the idea of partition not out of any lofty moral perspective but rather the all-consuming fear of contagion. It's the same reason everyone (that wasn't opposed to the EU as an entity or were not in the "West") were against Brexit. They fear that if it is successful then you'll have the basques, Bretons, Scots, North Italians, Catalonians, Texans, all clamoring for the door. And it goes against the trend of centralizing more and more power that every government wants and loves. Too much decentralization and yeah you can have balkanization, but the ethos of people in power today is that "if X is good, more of X is even gooder (better)". So instead of stopping at a certain point of centralization (say, ECC or EU circa 1990s) you have them wanting more, More, MORE. MORE!

Partition has its own problems and it didn't solve Israel-palestine, India-Pakistan but it has greatly solved the Balkans, it's shifted the fighting of South Sudan from against the Sudanese government and arabs in the north to infighting (and that's not the fault of partition, that's just their own fault).

My maxim is that multikult and globalism will be for the 21st century what nationalism and self-determination was for the 20th - the pavement of good intentions on the road to sectarian bloody hell.
>>
>>32033232

>Genocide that was successful

There are no Moors in Iberia, no Germans east of Austria or Germany, Feather Indians are almost no more.

Genocide works if you do it properly.
>>
>>32039010
Pot calling the kettle black.
>>
File: frida mofette 04.jpg (560KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
frida mofette 04.jpg
560KB, 1275x1650px
>>32036194
>Jewish securalist "historians"
>their work doesn't agree with my worldview THEY'RE FUCKIN KIKES I TELL YA
>>
>>32039460
If I am not mistaken the Moors are completely gone from Spain if not genocide then they were probably driven back to buttfuckistan
>>
>>32035084
>anything Roman surviving is either a bastardized version adopted by foreigners

Not the law in Roman-Dutch systems.

Most dates back to Justinian (yes, Eastern Empire, I fucking know) but there are still portions, like "nautae caupones stabularii ut recepta restituant", that date back to before Caesar
>>
>>32039448
End goal would be a global federation of tiny highly specialized states diveded into continential/regional blocs which would then vote globally

ie:
>State
>Region
>Continent
>Global

Perhapse add a layer between global and Continent.

Yes it would be a byzantine bureaucracy where nothing gets done, thats the idea... if nothing gets done, no one can fuck with the people.
>>
>>32039634
That's gay and stupid, stop thinking like that.
>>
>>32039588

Genocide is not just the practice of killing everyone. It's the practice of removing a population from a place by any means.
>>
>>32033255
first post was best post

checked
>>
>>32039659
>That's gay and stupid, stop thinking like that.
Thats how the founding fathers thought.

A government that does nothing is the best government.

Hence why I have a picture of Coolidge on my wall.
>>
>>32035485
From a historically pow. we have better sources regarding Jesus death, than the event of Caesar crossing the Rubicon.
I'm not christian though. Just saying.
>>
>>32039634
>Continent
>Hemisphere
>Globe
>>
>>32033275
Second Boer War?
>>
>>32039448
The issue with partition is that human beings are complicated and every community is mixed to some degree. See the forced migrations after WW2, which killed 600,000 Germans alone. We can had in hundreds of thousands more from those shipped east and shot on the spot. Let's say the total number killed from tidying up European demographics was a million. The Allies were willing to sacrifice a million people to neuter claims on the territory of others. Except the Soviets stopped existing so we're back to square one in the eastern half of the continent, the Irish were uppity for decades, the Basques always caused trouble, the entire Balkans, etc. Increasingly looks like a million people died to put a band-aid on human strife on the continent.

That's why people hate partition. Because our affairs are too messy to put us in neat boxes. Borders cannot fit reality unless you are willing to kill the ones that don't fit, and even then it won't last, as we see with Europe today.
>>
>>32033275

Roman Empire would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>32038150
>Barbarossa would have been a success
>Except their strategy was bad

That's literally what you just said. So basically, it was fucked to begin with and your point is moot. By that logic, Germany would have won WW2 if not for a few strategic blunders.
>>
>>32033475
>>32038980
this
>>
>>32035354
*cough* soad *cough*
>>
>>32035325
>>32035396

Incas did some human sacrifice, but not on the level of Aztecs or Mayans. However, they were easily a FAR more fucked up society than either.

You see, the Inca were literally the best, shining example of Socialism existing at any time in the world. Everything in life was dictated by Inca Nation-state. A vast bureaucracy of accountants, using knotted pieces of rope as a "written" language, conducted the activities of the entire community. Peasants were told when to fetch water, when and how long to tend crops or construct buildings, or when to be sent elsewhere to fill vacancies in other towns. Even personal life was not restricted; marriages were literally conducted in an assembly-line like fashion, in ceremonies where all the towns singles were assembled and married off by the discretion of the local director. Resistance to any of this, yes even showing unhappiness in a forced marriage, was considered as "theft from the state" and would be punished by death. There was no form of private property; everything, including your own lifetime labor value, was owned to the state.

And this form of socialism also showed in Incan architecture. Inca cities were based on rigid, square grid road systems. Houses were almost always the same size, had the same features, and the same shape (perfectly rectangular). There were no marketplaces inside cities, nor merchants. Instead, there were vast warehouses where all property was distributed on as-needed basis. Yes, even the upper-castes that lived inside the cities did not own private property in the conventional sense; they were merely allocated more and better goods/foods/weapons from the warehouses.

And yet this inhuman system was incredibility successful. The Incan bureaucracy meant vast resources of human conscripts could be easily organized at moments notice and used in mass human wave attacks. If not for the Conquistadors, its likely all of South America would have been under Incan subjugation.
>>
this here
>>
>>32033354
See
>>32033364
>>
>>32033372 the native American genocide was caused by seals with tuberculosis that came from Africa before the Spanish ever came. There was disease everywhere and the savages could do nothing to stop it. by the time we reached California there was barely anyone there.
>>
>>32035212 pagans deserved it though
>>
File: benig.jpg (43KB, 508x379px) Image search: [Google]
benig.jpg
43KB, 508x379px
>>32040229
>And this form of socialism also showed in Incan architecture. Inca cities were based on rigid, square grid road systems. Houses were almost always the same size, had the same features, and the same shape (perfectly rectangular). There were no marketplaces inside cities, nor merchants. Instead, there were vast warehouses where all property was distributed on as-needed basis. Yes, even the upper-castes that lived inside the cities did not own private property in the conventional sense; they were merely allocated more and better goods/foods/weapons from the warehouses.
This is disturbingly reminiscent of grid suburbs with Amazon and Wal-Mart.
>>
>>32038150 it would have been a success if Hitler had to pull out of Russia to help Mussolini invade Greece after Mussolini failed miserably.
>>
>>32033328
Pretty much all of the Meso-Americans that were left after the Spanish/smallpox killed most of them were bred into what are now Hispanics.
>>
>>32040229
>Incans were socialist
>vast majority of South America is socialist
Wow, they have literally not changed in almost a thousand years
>>
>>32033364

You don't know the nazis did exactly that?
Didn't work though because then instead of fighting 20% of the country they occupied, they were fighting 90% of it.
>>
Beach based defenses

Large lines (Maginot, Hadrian's Wall)

Ignoring infantry

Not having secure oil sources
>>
>>32033232
>I'm still waiting for an example of a genocide that was actually successful.
The ones penetrated by the Mongols.
The ones done by the Chinese to all shitskins that live in what is now China proper.
The Armenian one
You can maybe argue about the one against the Hutus in Congo or Algeria for a more recent example, though these were mostly largescale massacres then downright genocide

Actually, you mostly dont hear about successful genocides in history, exactly because they were successfull.
>>
>>32033232
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_conquest_of_Khwarezmia
>>
>>32033232
If a genocide happened, would you hear about it?
>>
>>32042057
If something escalates to the level of genocide, then yes, even if it happens in the most remote corner of Africa.
Thats why you had a little bit of global attention to South Sudan, Darfur, CAR or Nigeria for a short while, when genocides threatened to happen there.
>>
>>32034091
There's fucking Indians all over the place.
>>
>>32041136
SEALS??? Get the fuck out of here!
>>
File: 1442721570307.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1442721570307.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>32038904
>>
>>32033232

Hmmm...let's see here...Obama waged a successful genocide. He eliminated the middle class.
>>
>>32033232
See
>>32033255
>>
>>32042085
Hmmm, fair enough.
>>
>>32033232
>successful genocide
The Maori and the Moriori. The only remaining Moriori are the offspring or rapebabies.
>>
>>32039709
That's a static world attitude though. What are you going to do when you get left behind because you were incapable of acting as a nation?
>>
>>32033301
who the fuck is Al Eppo?
>>
>>32042226
Last full blood Moriori died a few years ago

Fun fact- Chatham island maoris hate maoris
>>
>>32033232
Airstrikes that aren't followed up by ground operations.
>>
File: Ramil_Səfərov.jpg (20KB, 253x352px) Image search: [Google]
Ramil_Səfərov.jpg
20KB, 253x352px
>>32038980
>>
>>32039316
>>genocide that was actually successful
>Genghis Khan?
Wasn't the siege and destruction of Babylon a genocide?
>>
>>32042389
>>32038139
>>32038298
Come on guys, the election is over, give poor Gary Johnson a break.
>>
Appeasement
De-escalation
Monolithic centralized armies
Invading other countries to free them from themselves.
Waging war for peace
Not having multiple contingencies plans
>>
>>32039010
You think whites birth rates are all of the sudden going to soar? It's a demographics game. We were very lucky to get Trump but I don't know how lucky we'll be in the future. Just look at the demographics projections, and the way those groups vote and act.
>>
>>32033462
or trusting the Austrians.
>>
>>32038139
Go away Gary, nobody wants you
>>
>>32039231
>Mayans
>Mexican
You mean Aztecs
>>
>>32041136
>by the time we reached California there was barely anyone there
More like everyone there got turned into a Mexican
>>
File: 1473580194768.jpg (878KB, 986x1369px) Image search: [Google]
1473580194768.jpg
878KB, 986x1369px
>>32033397
>>
I don't know man maybe you should ask the Ainu if genocide is effective.
>>
>>32043517
I really like this picture, alot.
>>
>>32035943
Neanderthal man and every iteration of man not cro magnon
>>
>>32033232
US. No American Tribal Insurgencies.
>*drops mic*
>>
>>32033232
Ask the Canaanites or Philistines about genocide.
>>
>>32039361

>Hence you got this "unity" government where, like the old Seinfeld episode, no one is happy. Which is the ultimate failing of 21st century liberalism; multicultural states that have governments who can't satisfy everyone, so instead they satisfy no one.

Yep. Same thing in the Balkans. Bosnia will be in war eventually again and so will Macedonia.
>>
>>32035424
Pretty sure you just read that for the faggotry
>>
>>32044908

>alcatraz
>BIA takeover
>Wounded Knee
>longest Walk

and now Standing Rock.

>*picks up mic*
>*drops mic*
>>
>>32040229
>the inca society hadn't merchants or markets and were communist/socialist
When will this meme die?
The Incas did have markets, many spaniards accounted that, but they weren't like mormal markets where one exchanges money for goods but rather goods for goods. And they had many merchants, especially those from the Kingdom of Chincha, when Atahualpa was interrogated about the noble who was next to him on a finer and richer litter, he said: "he is the Lord of Chincha, important because he has more than 200 boats for trade and he is the richest of all my subjects". Arguably the land and sea routes inaugurated by the incans expanded trade like never seen before in the Andes.

And yeah, the land belonged to the government, but the LOCAL government, the ayllu, the ones who directly controled and administred the land. Similar to the roman Gens, an ayllu was a family group that descended from a common ancestor (not necesarily as the ayllu could adopt an outsider if they wanted), they were very varied in size, prestige and ocupation (some ayllus were especialized in only one thing like being alpaca herders, warriors, dancers), many ayllus had their own local gods, rules and customs (how to determine the next ruler for example, in some ayllus only women could become rulers, in others the heir was elected by votation). When a person from the ayllu married the ayllu gave him a plot of land and built him a house to live in (this was called ayni), the land wasn't tecnically his, but of the ayllu, he could grow whatever he wanted, and in a portion of his plot for 3 months of the year he had to grow a inca selected crop that would be stored, it was that or military service, build facilities, or mine gold, this was called mita. When he died he land returned to the hands of the ayllu. On a side note the inca royal ayllus were called panakas. And nobles did owned land and people.
>>
>>32047126
>as if a few drunkards with pony tails and AK's is an Insurgency, not to mention they just walked around and shouted a bunch like negros
>picks up mic
>throes it in your face
>>
>>32048063

If you didn't marry past the legal age, regardless of being male/female, they gave you a list of potential partners. You could decline, but then you couln't become a citizen and be likely be expelled from the ayllu, the same hapened if you didn't did the ayni or the minka, it wasn't obligatory but the people would reject you, sometimes to the point of expulsing you from the ayllu.

Yeah, some people have their lives controlled by the Inca empire, those were the Mitmaqkuna and Yanakuna, the settlers and servants of the Incas, the lower social classes in the empire, they were a just few in comparison with the Hatunruna (ordinary man), somewhat comparable to slaves, but also different in several aspects, for example they could (as much of the population) become incas (nobles) of privilege, when the spaniards arrived they found various of them as high officials in the empire.

>even showing unhappiness in a forced marriage, was considered as "theft from the state" and would be punished by death
The worst that could had happened was you becoming a Waccha, someone without an ayllu, a poor hobo.

>Instead, there were vast warehouses where all property was distributed on as-needed basis
The food was stored for harsh times and for the army, it wasn't gived to the population just because.

And all these inca concepts and customs have existed for thousands of years in the central Andes long before the incan people created their empire, they were nothing new, ayllus, communal work, reciprocity, lack of coins, or a dual form of government (like the inca government, the ayllus also had two branches and two leaders, one being superior to the other). The increase in the complexity is the only thing that can be attributed to the Incas.
>>
>>32033275
Also Operation Defensive Shield.
>>
File: IMG_4630.jpg (104KB, 600x709px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4630.jpg
104KB, 600x709px
>tfw you will never raze a civilization to ash and salt the earth in your wake

I sometimes curse being born to late, but technology and simple life comforts sorta balance it out.
>>
>>32048165
To be fair, salting the earth never really happened. When it literally did happen, it was entirely symbolic, because you would need such an obscenely large amount of salt to render the land useless, you'd probably use up hundreds of years of global salt production in the ancient world.
>>
>>32045337
Not really. Demographics play a huge role in war. Take Bosnia for example, there are about 29k births, of those 16-17k are Bosniak, 8-9k Serb, 3k Croat and 2k the rest.In reality that means that there is no way that any of the sides can even man the whole line let alone conduct offensives. Also, the Bosnian political system is excellent for a complex country and it would require very few twiks to be fully functional, not that it would mean that the country would become Switzerland simply because of inherent corruption. To the point, its not the system its the people.
>>
File: 1478504401630.jpg (31KB, 549x604px) Image search: [Google]
1478504401630.jpg
31KB, 549x604px
>>32048099

Hearts and minds in practice.

Also we have not won a single war since having mixed units instead of segregated.

>picks up mic
>inserts into urethra and move toward speakers
>feedback vibrates the mic and overwhelms me with pleasure.

Not looking so smart now huh?
>>
>>32035287
?????
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.