[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hogue P226 grips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3920.jpg (267KB, 1024x725px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3920.jpg
267KB, 1024x725px
Does anyone have any experience with hogue p226 grips, specifically the ones with finger grooves vs the ones without? I got my P226 with the standard plastic logo grips but didn't like how slippery they felt when my hands started to sweat, so I got E2s. I like the texture, but the gun feels fairly small in my hands now, so I'm considering some Hogue rubber grips just to compare them. Any opinions on the best option? I know about the G10s, but are they really worth $100 compared to the other options?
>>
Also, my groups shifted right when I put the E2s on, which leads me to think that the smaller size was right for my trigger finger placement, but I feel that I'm working harder shooting with the E2s.
>>
>>32033211
Hogue makes good, quality grips and Sig actually contracts out with them for some of their OEM grips on different editions of their guns. The rubber overmolded grips will give you a longer trigger reach. If your hands are big enough, then that's fine. Me personally, I got my P226 with the rubber Hogue grips and I had to change it back to the factory plastic grips because the double action trigger reach was too far for comfort and good control.

The Sig E2 grips are known for shortening the trigger reach. If it gives you a point of comparison, I prefer these for my own hand size.

I haven't tried their G10 grips, but these might be too harsh to use for an extended period of time without gloves. It's a texture that's really intended to work together with gloves for maximum traction.
>>
>>32033313
I have the DAK (have to use the DAK trigger unfortunately), so my reach would always be for DA. What size glove do you normally wear? I'm a large.
>>
File: IMG_3919.jpg (124KB, 1024x891px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3919.jpg
124KB, 1024x891px
Anyone else?
>>
>>32033211

I didn't like the ones that came on my gun (finger grooves)
My buddy got the ones without the finger grooves on his gun when he bought them, I liked those a little better cause they weren't as huge.

If you've got really big hands, go for it, they arent bad quality, I just prefer the standard grips

If you live in the Atlanta area I'll sell you my hogue grips for $10
>>
>>32033821
>literally 40 grand worth of mk25s
>grips are fucked
Time to get some Hogues
>>
>>32033650
I would wear a small or medium glove, depending on manufacturer. If the E2 grips felt too small for you, then the Hogue overmolded rubber grips should be fine.
>>
>>32033925
I'm in NY sadly. I'll probably try the rubberized ones without grooves. Any issues with grip screws falling out? That seems to be a common issue, and they seem to eventually strip out the frame, which is another reason I got the E2s
>>
>>32033211
i hate the e2 grip since i don't have little numale mangina sized hands
>>
>>32034432

Nah the screws stay in fine, the only problem I had with them outside of the xbox yuge part was that they got in the way of the slide release
>>
>>32034496
On the finger groove model? I slingshot anyway, but I still need to be able to lock the gun open.
>>
BUMP. Should I order finger groove or just plain? I wear large gloves.
>>
I got the hogue overmold for my P226 and didn't like them because it made the grip bigger. I have grizzly bear hands but my finger length to hand size is off. I generally prefer single stacks. I also had issues with the rubber grabbing the decocker, making it hang on the way down. I went back to the factory grips. I should check out the E2s.

My 9mm P220 came with the wrap around hogue grips and they seem to work fine. It's older, no rail, obviously. It's a single stack and I have no issues with the hogues.
>>
File: 1473679383509.jpg (189KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1473679383509.jpg
189KB, 640x427px
Tried them, didnt like them. Made the grip feel fatter and I dont like finger grooves, came to that conclusion after the Hogue grips and buying then selling a glock gen 3
I just like normal grips, though I am looking for some nice wood grips for my sig
>>
File: 1468295134192.gif (2MB, 254x196px) Image search: [Google]
1468295134192.gif
2MB, 254x196px
>have a 226
>find out that the standard polymer grips are too big for my hands to get my finger perfectly on the trigger for the DA pull
>buy the E2 kit and the short reach trigger
>doesn't really help much

I don't know what to do. I fucking love the decocker placement on the Sigs but my hands don't like it. I might sell it and get a PX4 Compact.
>>
>>32035819
Definitely check out the E2s. I really don't have any complaints other than the quicker fatigue that my hands seem to experience with the E2s than the factory grips. I don't feel as though I'm death-gripping them, and my groups are good, but my hands just seem to cramp up for some reason using them, which is why I thought they were too small. I'll just give the factory grips a try again before ordering hogue grips if everyone seems to think that the hogues are too big.
>>
>>32033211
i got some hogue rubber ones with finger grooves, theyre excellent at least for my hand. im a big guy
4 u
theyre 30 bucks
but they do make the whole grip bigger, like i said, not a problem to me
>>
>>32038729
Do you have any issues with them snagging on your shirt if you carry your 226? Mine is my carry gun when the weather is cool enough.
>>
>>32036419
Get a P225 or a P239?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.