[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Changes to 4473

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1468290777457.jpg (33KB, 236x327px) Image search: [Google]
1468290777457.jpg
33KB, 236x327px
apparently if you bought an NFA item, you can skip the 4473 check when you purchase a Title I firearm: http://www.ammoland.com/2016/11/atf-form-4473-firearms-transaction-record-revised-2017/#axzz4QJEd4K00

" Question 20 (Formerly Question 22): Clarifies that a NICS check is not required if the individual receiving the firearm was subject to a background check as part of the NFA approval process."
>>
Neat
>>
So you don't have to do a background check if you have ever bought an NFA item?

Is there some sort of time limit for this?
>>
>>32032977

Wait what? i read the scribd pdf, i don't speak lawyer jargon what does it mean? Just nfa for cans or any firearms?
>>
>>32032753
It's talking about SBRs you twat. Hence the as part off part.
>>
>>32032753
In my state you can skip the background check if you have a ccl issued by the state.

But you still have to fill out a 4473.
>>
>>32032753
Not how that works. When you pick up your NFA item from your FFL, you must fill out a 4473 to take possession, but they do not need to actually run the background check because the process to get the stamp was a background check.
>>
>>32033218
i wish there was a card you could swipe that would have all the info on it instead of having to fill out those fucking forms every time
>>
>>32032977
That's not what it says at all. It clarifies that if you're receiving the nfa item then you wouldn't have to go through a NICS check too because that is just redundant.
>>
>>32033228
A lot of places do the E-forms now. It's a little faster.
>>
>>32033228
That would be indexable by name and thus banned as a de-facto gun registry.
>>
>>32032753
This has been on the 4473. If you are picking up your NFA item from a dealer, they can skip the check for that item and others items on the same 4473.

>>32033218
Its not in your state, it is federally. A state may force a background check regardless of exemption. A dealer can and often will still run a NICS check even if you have a CPL/CHL/etc. I run checks on all customers unless they are regulars. Had an issue twice with CPL holders getting denied so unless you pass a few checks, you're getting checked.
>>
>>32033391
Couldn't it just be like the thing cops do when they run your license instead of its own card?

>no outstanding warrants
>no listed felonies
>k here's your gun
>>
>>32032753
you mean i actually have to read this now? fuck, i can do the current one blindfolded
>county, not country
>yes then no all the way down, skip 12
>>
>>32036252
effectively, a 4473 does the same thing, but they don't have a database of all active drivers licenses because >>32033391
>>
>>32033391
Not necessarily. If t were just a chipped card and the data for the forms was stored solely on the card as a way to autocomplete the form, it wouldn't need to be anywhere else. ID would be confirmed separately.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.