[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thermobaric 12G shells

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1440245335423.jpg (30KB, 457x457px) Image search: [Google]
1440245335423.jpg
30KB, 457x457px
Has anyone ever made them? How hard would it be? How illegal would it be? How awesome would it be?
>>
>>32031921
Do you even know how thermobaric weapons work...
>>
>>32031947
I might be drunk, but if you can make explosive shells, and you can make portable thermobaric rockets, why not?
>>
>>32031969
The best use for them is in enclosed spaces, bunkers, caves, etc. It eats all the available oxygen. To make this effective you need a somewhat larger warhead.

There wouldn't be enough mass in a 12 gauge to accomplish this, unless Alvin and Theodore are pissing you off inside their squirrel hole.
>>
>>32032105
>The best use for them is in enclosed spaces, bunkers, caves, etc. It eats all the available oxygen. To make this effective you need a somewhat larger warhead.
actually they are just more complicated but efficient high-explosives as the explosive is all fuel no oxidizer.

a 40mm thermobaric will always have a bigger bang than a 40mm traditional he. in enclosed spaces the dispersion might not even be enough for it to go off to full effect. it's better to use as airburst above/near target.

a 12g thermobaric would be challenging and not that effective, there is a reason grenade launchers smaller than 40mm never really took even tho they tried again and again and again.
>>
>>32032151
True. I was just trying to give a simplified answer that it's not really worth it, for practical purposes.

I still wouldn't mind seeing it done tho.
>>
>>32032151
>a 40mm thermobaric will always have a bigger bang than a 40mm traditional he
No. Thermobaric weapons are rather strongly effected by outer influences: temperatur, humidity and when they go off close to an object they lose a lot of their potential power, since its burning material is just sprayed onto the surface contradicting being spread into the air for a perfect combustion.
>>
>>32032202
there is a distance where the dispersion is enough but still gonna get dat blast, experienced gunner with an airbust gonna get it for you.

i don't know much about the humidity and temperature thing. temperature seems like an almost non-issue, the humidity might be a bigger problem.
>>
>>32032276
>>a 40mm thermobaric will always have a bigger bang than a 40mm traditional he
It was about this part, which is simply not true. Your post aint really helping or refuting what is said.
>>
>>32032318
yeah sure like i said in enclosed space it will not be true you just skipped that part of my post conveniently. but i can't find anything on the humidity thing on the other hand. got any sauce?
>>
>>32032384
Dude you are just one backpaddling fucking liar.
>a 40mm thermobaric will ALWAYS have a bigger bang than a 40mm traditional he.
>in enclosed spaces the dispersion might not even be enough for it to go off to full effect.
Which literally means you mean it aint always full effect but still
>will always have a bigger bang

I am not going to waste my time to spoonfeed an lying fuck like you. If you want to know anything about temperature and humidty, you have to do it for yourself instead of shitposting. Just look up car combustion on that topic, bet there are simple enough ones on youtube for you.

> enclosed space
Simple ground or a wall already have that effect.
>>
File: hnnnngggg.jpg (86KB, 634x473px) Image search: [Google]
hnnnngggg.jpg
86KB, 634x473px
>>32031921
Don't think it's possible all the fuel would ignite straight out of the barrel or it wouldn't light at all. Would be hella cool tho famalam.
>>
>>32032469
in all seriousness you seem awfully butt blasted anon, for no reason.

if you want to go into very specific technicalities then uranium will not be always heavier than water either. and cars will not be always faster than runners. and jets won't always be faster than propellers. yet we still say stuff like that every fucking day. so what exactly is your problem?
>>
>>32032556
>BAW why wont you let me continue with my obvious shitposting and lack of knowledge
Yeah, totaly assblasted.
>>
>>32032589
sorry anon.
you seem anally annihilated
>>
>>32032556
Calling someone assblasted after getting rekt and also having to fall back to non pertinent examples so it could like you arent shit. Are you russian any chance given? That level of ignoranance is something we can normaly see from the vatniks.
>>
>>32032620
>>32032556
>Y-ou are butthurt!
>Not me! YOU! REEEEEEEEEEE

>>32032645
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>32032645
He is probaly asshurt because someone implyied that the thermobaric weapons of the glorious motherland arent perfect and actually can be less effective than other approches.
>>
what about white phosphorus shotgun shells, can those be made?
>>
>>32032711
oh wait so murricans can't even into thermobarics yet? that explains a lot rofl.
>>
>>32032741
I don't know what it's called, I just know the sound it makes when it kills a man.
>>
File: butthurt-o-meter.jpg (304KB, 1191x1215px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt-o-meter.jpg
304KB, 1191x1215px
>>32032589
>>32032645
>>32032662
>>32032711
ya all set highscore
>>
>>32032741
SMAW-NE

Blu-96

AGM-114N Hellfire II

You tried.
>>
>>32032741
>murricans can't even into thermobarics yet?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermobaric_weapon#US_developments
>>
File: 1446671502001.jpg (112KB, 604x473px) Image search: [Google]
1446671502001.jpg
112KB, 604x473px
>>32032778
>A: I make a claim
>B: Claim is wrong, because this reasons
>A: Errr this is not what i ment
>B: You clearly ment this, lets look up your own quote
>A: You are butthurt! XAXAXAXA! I won the arguement
Gee, i wonder why this is always happening around russian related stuff so uncannily often.
>>
>>32032202
The nickname they use in the russian airforce for the thermobaric bombs was "nice weather bomb" if i remember correctly. Tells a lot.
>>
>>32032105
>There wouldn't be enough mass in a 12 gauge to accomplish this

Pretty much this, in a garage.

You could theoretically load a 3 cc ultra high pressure tank of rapid evaporating fuel (avoid freeze), 4 cc ultra high pressure tank of oxygen, thin layer of RDX on both to controllably directionally burst them for an ideal gas mixture, an actual delayed incendiary device to lit up the gas mixture and a safety and arming device on a microelectronics board With a power source that most favourably charges itself from the rotational (centripetal) forces caused by both the propellant and the rifling of the barrel.

I wonder how many times you will lose your hands, eyes etc to accomplish this all.

In real R&D realm on these things, even at the most practical scientific level, it has been a thumb sucker and an eye popper, quite literally.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.