[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CCW For Gril

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (305KB, 916x1222px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305KB, 916x1222px
Hello what kind of CCW weapon should I get for my GF? She carries a Fox Labs pepper spray that I have her in her bag, but should I get her something else?

I carry a SW M&P Shield pretty much everywhere with me and it doesn't really seem like it makes sense for her to be less armed than I am, considering she's not physically as strong as me and she works in a shittier town.

She doesn't mind guns but doesn really like them that much either, she might even be too much of a pussy to shoobe somebody but idk we would have to train for that.

So what's a good beginner gun? A revolver for simplicity? What is a good revolver? I haven't had her shoot my SW yet but my G19 is a little big for her hands and she limp wrists the fuck out of it until it FTE's

She would probably be carrying it in her car and bag that she carries everywhere, I can't really see her using an IWB holster or anything

Should I just have her stick with the pepper spray?
>>
>>32031682
how about you take her to a store and have to try out a couple dozen guns and see what she likes. if she's inexperienced, get a heavier automatic 9mm like a S&W 3913 or something - it'll tame recoil and be simple to use.

if she is experienced, she can make up her own mind if you rent a bunch out and put some in her hands.

also don't be an asshole and put your personal preference on a defense pistol that she's going to be the one carrying and using.

about pepper spray: it's less effective than OC spray, and 1/8 people are immune to OC spray of any kind. if the gamble is escaping an attacker and surviving, give her the best tools she can use to accomplish that goal. in most cases, that's a gun and lots of training and practice.
>>
File: common calibers.jpg (38KB, 291x597px) Image search: [Google]
common calibers.jpg
38KB, 291x597px
>>32031682
well first off you should make sure she's even comfortable with having a firearm for self defense instead of making that decision for her.

having her carry a gun without training and a proper mindset is a good way to get your gril fucking killed with her own gun.

I don't know if your trolling or just stupid/uniformed but you have a lot more work to do before either of you are ready to carry a firearm for PD if this is your approach.

Tell her to get her fat ass in shape and go buy her some real fuck oc spray until both of you are ready.

Also on the very off chance that both of you aren't completely autistic a G43 is pretty retard proof.
>>
>>32031682
First off, get the god damn cock suck fucking pepper spray out of her fucking purse and get it on a sheath that she carries on her belt. FUCK.

Then have her practice until she can get it out like greased lightning.

Yes, a compact revolver is good. Try the Ruger LCR for starters; it's a five-shot compact .38... and do NOT LET HER CARRY IT IN HER SHIT EATING GOD DAMN FUCKING PURSE YOU DUMB SHITGRINDING FUCKGEAR.

Tl;dr: Off-body carry is a bad idea.
>>
>>32031682
>So what's a good beginner gun? A revolver for simplicity? What is a good revolver? I haven't had her shoot my SW yet but my G19 is a little big for her hands and she limp wrists the fuck out of it until it FTE's
beginner guns are .22's and they generally aren't good defensive choices. revolvers require a specific grip for effectiveness, and avoid airweights or scandium frames. light weight heavy hitting guns are painful and annoying to shoot and will not get shot much. not enough shooting is not enough practice. not enough practice gets you raped or dead.

Glocks are lightweight automatics prone to limp wristing because people anticipate recoil and stiffen up the whole arm instead of the wrist and they don't use proper two handed grips. avoid the glocks entirely. get an all steel single stack 9mm with 147 gr JHP or something and train train train. there's lots of women defense classes out there for cheap and always practice.
>>
>>32031740
Noguns here, why are rifle calibers smaller diameter than the pistol? Why not make a intermediate cartridge in 9mm or something? Is it for ballistics?
>>
>>32031682
also if thats the path she wants to go a .380 lcp isnt a bad option.
>>
>>32031788
because rifle calibers tend to having longer bullets in general than pistol calibers of the same weight since they are designed for distance and speed. 2000 fps and higher is not unusual in rifles, whereas pistols are half that most of the time.
>>
>>32031714
>>32031740
Fox labs is OC doe. 5.3 SHU
>>
>>32031788
There is no comparison between the killing power of a handgun and a rifle, even a light one. It's like comparing a motor scooter to an F-350.
>>
>CCW for girl
Its called a man.

Women are naturally prey-animals, just find a decent dude or some beta orbiter to serve as security.
>>
>>32031788
>why are rifle calibers smaller diameter than the pistol?

Well first off they are not. Every firearm is a tool and that tool is designed to fulfill a particular purpose. You can't just lump all calibers in together like that

>Why not make a intermediate cartridge in 9mm or something? Is it for ballistics?

Pretty similar answer to above, and yes you are partially right about balistics. The caliber of the bullet just dictates the grain/weight (sort of size) of the projectile being fired. How much powder, the size of the casing, and the purpose of the round is why there are so many different calibers and loads.

You would try to stop a truck with a 22lr or a 9mm hence larger/different rounds for different jobs.
>>
File: Bearmace.png (62KB, 273x200px) Image search: [Google]
Bearmace.png
62KB, 273x200px
>>32031818
My bad, I just assumed that becasue op said pepper spray it was some fuckin wally world bullshit
>>
Ruger LCR or S&W 642 with CTC LaserGrips. If going S&W, buy an APEX DCAEK for it to keep the pull weight down without compromising reliability.

Unless she's willing to train, it doesn't sound like a semi-auto is going to work for her. A LCP is a malfunction waiting to happen in her hands, a G42 should be better, but if she can't handle a G19 with proper technique then she's got a problem, and going to a small semi-auto isn't going to help.
>>
>>32031869
I will take her to the range to work on not limp wristing.

When she can shoot though she is pretty accurate, she also took hunters safety and used to shoot 10/22 as a kid. I re-taught her the 4 rules and everything
>>
File: 1451522397543.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1451522397543.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>32031682
>>
>>32031906
Would you try to assassinate a President for that?
>>
>>32031682
Without seeing her tits, it's hard to say.
>>
Just get a Glock 21 and call it good. Printing isn't as bad as you'd think.
>>
>>32031682
Women really aren't the victims of violent crimes often when you look at the stats and they are dogshit at actually using guns on average so you are better off sticking with the pepper spray
>>
>>32031682
>in her bag
>bag that she carries
>bag
>bag
>bag

stop. she carries it on her person or she carries something which is stolen in a confrontation. correct the issue.

>I can't really see her using an IWB holster or anything

how does she typically dress?
>>
>>32031788
>Why not make a intermediate cartridge in 9mm or something?

specifically with 9mm -- there is one. 9x39, which is a specialized russian subsonic round.
>>
>>32033675
Yoga pants or regular jeans usually. She uses an over the shoulder messenger type of bag not really a purse
>>
>>32031682
stick to pepper spray until she is extremely comfortable handling firearms. take her to the range a bunch of times and have her practice shooting so she gets the hang of it, she will want to carry one after that. she might be hesitant now because it seems too unfamiliar and scary. she probably doesnt have much experience from your description

and obviously follow that up with structured real classes. because yes, if she is going to hesitate to shoot she might as well leave the gun at home because it will probably taken from her and rammed up her pussy
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.