[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need information on handguns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

File: Pic-2-1024x768.jpg (272KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Pic-2-1024x768.jpg
272KB, 1024x768px
So I just turned 21 recently and I've been interested in getting a handgun for protection. I was wondering if you guys could red pill me on handguns I wanna know all the /k/ approved guns. Any pastebin or infographic that has a list of quality guns? My long term goal is to get a cz75. But right now I have a budget of less then 300$. I've decided I will be getting a 9mm caliber. I've read that the cheapest guns are Jimenez and that they're shit quality. been looking at high points currently. Help me guys
>>
Also should I get a new gun or used?
>>
File: tokarev tt33.jpg (64KB, 858x599px) Image search: [Google]
tokarev tt33.jpg
64KB, 858x599px
Honestly at that budget I'd tell you to save a bit more while you wait for Trump to take office and prices to hopefully drop.

If you *really* want something reliable and cheap, I've heard good things about the Tokarev, though ammo price and availability could be an issue. 9mm version is available but I don't know enough about that version to weigh in on it.
>>
skip the bs get a 1911

doesn't matter the caliber, .22lr even as long as its 1911
>>
>>32027824
Well the reason I want it right now is in case something happens between now and trumps inauguration. I don't want to be defenseless of SHTF
>>
>>32027848
I was actually interested in the 1911 I heard it's one of the best handguns overall. But does it come in 9mm ? I've only seen them in 45 acp? How would a 1911 compare to a CZ75?
>>
What's the cheapest 9mm 1911 I could find? Would you guys recommend buying online or at a local gun store ? Sorry if I'm a noob, I just started browsing /k/ a week ago.
>>
>>32027793
all the pastebins are outdated. used is ok. as far as 9mm goes you have lots of options but unfortunately nothing beats experience. go to a gun range and rent as many as you can afford/care to shoot.

>>32027857
>1911
stfu gramps, it's a shit tier design that was surpassed in the 80's.

>>32027857
don't listen to him, 1911's had their time in the sun but they're not a gun you want for defensive situations. go to a pistol match, they're jam galore, you'll see. also expensive for what you get

>paying 1k
>for a single stack
kys
>>
>>32027793
If you're a poorfag you should get a CZ clone. The CZ name carries $200 added to the pricetag. You can get a used Tristar for $300-400, which uses CZ mags and works just as well.
>>
>>32027882
Yeah I was just reading about the two guns. 1911 has 9 round magazine. Cz75 has 16. I think I'm sold on the cz75.. Heard a lot of good things about it.

So should I just save until I can afford it or buy a cheaper gun for now?

What's the absolute cheapest gun I could buy to defend myself with? I saw a rifle at a pawn shop for 100 bucks...
>>
>>32027793
Bump your budget up $50 if you can and get a S&W Shield 9mm
>>
>>32027909
Wow I never knew there were clones.. Would the performance be the same as the name brand cz? I want a metal gun for sure instead of a plastic one. Will look into Tristar, thank you!
>>
>>32027793
Literally save up $75 more and get a decent Ruger you fucking poorfag nigger.
>>
>>32027916
>>32027926
Well I'm looking for something like /g/,s equivalent to the thinkpad, the best type of gun agreed upon by the gun experts on /k/. I guess it might be a glock 19? But I just want something with high quality that would serve me well in a SHTF scenario
>>
>>32027940
M&P is every bit as solid a choice as a glock and will save you about $100 across the board on any model

With Glock, you're paying for the included high potency memes. Ask yourself if you really need the memes, though.
>>
Skip the American budget crap and get a nice European milsurp handgun or police trade-in Glock or M&P.
>>
>>32027940
You might be able to find police trade in glocks for around 350. They're very reliable by all accounts, but I'm not a fan of its ergonomics.
>>
>>32027824
Bulk Tok ammo has gotten pretty cheap honestly.
The 9mm conversions have historically had reliability issues, but i have an unmolested tt33 and i love it to pieces. For $200 i really cant complain.
>>
File: 4winds.jpg (306KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4winds.jpg
306KB, 1600x1200px
>>32027911
>>
>>32027851
oh you mean the wave and waves of SJW and special snowflakes who are vehemently against guns, like to demonize police, and have little or horrible reaction to adversity?

Other than nignogs nigging out, you're going to be fine. Hell, I'd just go for an SKS, clean the cosmoline out and a can of x39. Or a maverick 88 and some buck and slugs. Much more better at home protection than a handgun that you'll probably be too poor to practice with.
>>
>>32027954
Is that the m&p m9?
>>32027957
>>32027959

I don't like the fact that flocks have no manual safety. Might use the gun as cc eventually.
>>32027965
(you)
>>
>>32027998
Well just in case of civil unrest.. There was a huge riot on a city near me and the police had to step in cause the protesters were smashing Windows and even tried to attack an apartment complex. So id rather not stand defenseless in front of an angry mob
>>
>>32028004
>Is that the m&p m9?
Any M&P size and caliber (full size, compact, 9mm, 40, 45 etc) typically is going to run around $80-100 less than the equivalent model Glock, at least from what I've seen in gun stores in the pacnw.
>>
>>32027919
There's shitloads of clones. The Bren Ten, Tanfoglio, Jericho, all those Turkish things, at least one Norinco model, and even a new Russian IPSC gun are CZ clones. They basically made it open-source so that the design could be disseminated around the world since they weren't allowed to sell to anyone outside the Warsaw Pact (and everyone in the Pact wanted standard 9x18 handguns) when they came up with it.
>>
>>32028060
Is the Turkish CZ clone the same exact thing as the brand name cz? like authentic Gucci vs some knock off? Is it 1:1 replica quality ?
>>
>>32027824
Great gun, but if you get it in 7,65 tok then you should be aware of overpenetration.
>>
>muh red pill
Fucking cancer.
>>
File: armscor m200 38spc.jpg (66KB, 1200x608px) Image search: [Google]
armscor m200 38spc.jpg
66KB, 1200x608px
>>32027793
>handgun for less than $300
Armscor M200 (.38 Special, which is cheap and workable) or Zastava M70A (9mm Luger)
>>
>>32027793
Here is some real advice.

Stop being a cheap cunt, and save a little more money and buy a CZ or whatever other "quality" handgun you want. When you buy cheap shit, you get cheap shit.
>>
File: 5906 9mm Luger.jpg (446KB, 700x1250px) Image search: [Google]
5906 9mm Luger.jpg
446KB, 700x1250px
>>32027848
>.22LR over a 9mm
>as long as it's muh ninteneleben
Shut up grandpa.

>>32027882
>but they're not a gun you want for defensive situations
They'll work, but they're just not the best.
A RIA 1911 runs pretty adequately, but it's over $300 for a basic GI model. Depends on what OP is willing to spend.

>>32027940
You can find old S&W 5900 series pistols for sub $400 at times (pic related is a 5906), it's an all steel pistol in 9mm Luger, so it's a little on the heavy side when compared to a Glock, but it also makes it very light recoiling. The all steel build also means you can brick someone in the head with a good chance of success.

Capacity of original magazines is 14rds flush, but MecGar makes flush fitting 17rd magazines.
>>
>>32027793
Save more and get a used Glock or something
>>
>>32027793
Just got a CZ75 BD. save up. It's worth waiting a couple months for a dependable high quality handgun
>>
>>32027793
just get a black friend. mine is always packing
>>
>>32030919
>CZ
>high quality

They're functional but they're definitely not quality. Enjoy your machine marks and shit finish.
>>
Save up and go for a CZ or a clone. I bought the police model recently and I love it
>>
File: poorfag_guide.jpg (4MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
poorfag_guide.jpg
4MB, 3900x5008px
>>32027793
>21
>handguns
>like CZ-75
>want under 300
>want 9mm

>infographic
OK, let me see what I can find.
>>32027802
It depends what you can find used for how much. Sometimes the cost savings are insignificant, or the seller is pricing even MORE than NIB retail for some retarded reason. Sometimes they just want it gone and it's a steal. Sometimes it's a gun that's out of production, or an old police trade-in.

One common find I'd recommend all day every day for poorfags is the Ruger P-Series (P85, P89, P95, P944, P90, P345). They are simple, rock-solid reliable and dirt cheap, albeit chunky. Perfect car/HD/security service guns.
>>32027848
>>32027857
This person is trolling you.
There are a lot of good handguns, but a 1911 is a bit out of your price range. Yes they do exist in 9mm. Any 1911 in .22 isn't really a 1911.
>>
>>32030953
Higher quality than a hi point
>>
>>32027909
>>32027919
Performance? Eh, depends. They usually won't be as nicely finished but it's the same basic design so it'll do the same things.
>>32027911
ABSOLUTE cheapest I'd recommend would be a Hi-Point C9. It's not great by any means, but it's viable. I actually bought two of them for shits and giggles and they do work. That said, if at all possible I would advise spending the extra dollar on something nicer.
>>32027940
>>32027954
A Glock 19 would be fantastic. It's a proven and solid design with pretty consistent QC throughout. They are a bit more expensive than $300 most of the time, but the funny thing is that if you're a cop they cost all of $300 new in box so it's not because they're expensive to make.

Best option for the Glock route is a used Police Trade-In. They can be had at a steep discount. Sometimes as low as ~300, this usually involves holster wear, but the guns remain functional. The shitty thing is that the 9mm models (17, 19, 26) sell out fast and maintain a higher premium over the more affordable .40 S&W models (22, 23, 27) because .40 kinda sucks. Ammo is more expensive, there is more recoil and magazines hold slightly less and while it is more powerful it isn't worth all those disadvantages. But is a Glock 23 a viable defensive gun? You bet your ass it is.
>>32028125
Inferior finish but basically yes. Same form factor. Not sure about magazine pattern. There are several models, some of which are closer to the Jehrico 941 (so a clone of a clone).
>>
One Turk model I'd recommend would be the SAR B6P. They sell for ~250-300 online so they might be obtainable locally for similar prices.

Maybe 250 used off Armslist.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/eaa-sar-b6p-sarsilmaz-compact-semi-automatic-9mm-38-barrel-131-rounds?a=1875472

http://www.rkguns.com/eaa-sar-b6p-9mm-full-size-pistol-400422.html

Speaking of Armslist, where in America do you live? State/region? I don't need your street address, but I can trawl your local Armslist for good deals and link you something tasty if I spot it.
>>
In the meantime some other sub-300 options.
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=ZFGT380M8&name=BERSA+THUNDER+.380ACP+FS+8+SHOT+BLACK+MATTE+SYNTHETIC&groupid=7798
Bersa Thunder, single-stacked .380 but a proven design and generally loved by those who carry it. Simple, reliable and surprisingly easy to shoot well. Downsides include the limited magazine capacity and being chambered in .380 ACP, which is both more expensive and less powerful than 9x19mm is.
http://www.jgsales.com/sccy-cpx-2-cb-semi-auto-pistol,-9mm,-black,-3-dot-sights,-new.-p-90369.html
SCCY CPX-2, 2nd Gen knockoff of the Kel-Tec P-11 series made by disgruntled ex-KT employees. A lot of bang in a small gun, but QC is only a little better than Kel-Tec so some are known to have problems. Warranty service is very good though. Understand that this is a double-action-only gun meant for concealment, it will NOT be pleasant to shoot.
https://www.classicfirearms.com/taurus-m709-slim-9mm-1709031fs-pistol
https://www.classicfirearms.com/taurus-pt111-millennium-g2-1-111031g2-11
Taurus has been blowing out their CC automatics at steep discounts for the last couple years. Reviews are glowing, but this is in the face of years of terrible QC and serious problems with Taurus firearms in general. The company has made vast improvements since then and customer support is vastly improved, but you are still buying a Taurus.
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/AC-M206.aspx
Made in the Phillippines on used Colt tooling, yep, it's a revolver but that's not such a bad thing. You only have 6 shots but they will go off, even if it's a tight scuffle where the slide of an automatic pistol would be obstructed causing a misfire.
http://www.jgsales.com/zastava-yugo-mini-tokarev-m88a-semi-auto-pistol,-9mm,-blued,-new.-p-61820.html
Zastava M88 is basically a 1930s vintage design TT pistol updated slightly and made in 9mm. Fit and finish is rough, but it is cheap and will probably work.
>>
>>32030919
Can I ask how much you paid for it?
>>
>>32030977
Dude thank you!! Exactly the type of picture I was looking for!

If I get a trade in or surplus gun would I have to change the springs in the inside ? Ruger p series, thanks I'll screen shot that. Isn't ruger a German brand?
>>
>>32031054
Hey I was actually looking at the hi-point c9 in the original picture, I just need something for now that will quench my paranoia about shit happening in America. I can save more later on and get a good gun.

I used to want a glock 19 But I got turned off by the fact that they don't have a manual safety, my friend told me about a story of a glock under a seat in a car going off, not sure if its true and I know that they have 3 built in safeties but i would prefer a manual safety.

What's the consensus on metal vs plastic guns and mags? I read plastic cracks eventually . while an all steel gun should last over 50 years if maintained.

Buying online vs local store?
I live in Oregon, there was a huge anti trump riot a few days ago this is the main reason I would prefer to have something for protection. Eventually I would like to have a ccw
>>
>>32031093
The sarb6p doesn't look bad at all, I think I should get a full size pistol rather than a compact since I won't be concealed carrying it yet, from what I've read a larger handgun means better accuracy and less recoil?
>>32031093
I've seen a ton of people talking shit about Taurus so I'll stay away from those, but from the two zastava guns linked in this thread I've liked them both, made by tokarov which is a Russian manufacturer?

Appreciate the info and help my dude
>>
OP here, I'm actually gonna go to 2 of my local gun shops today just to see what kind of selections they have and to get some more info. Not gonna buy yet but gonna take a look what I'm dealing with
>>
>>32027911
You need at least one handgun and one long gun.
Check pawn shops for old mossberg or remy shotguns.
A used handgun is your best bet but try some out first and figure out what you like. (Semiauto, revolver)
Surplus guns are also great deals, and they're usually built to last forever.
>>
>>32031795
I'm going to a surplus store, so surplus basically means it's extra stuff from the military? I read that on used guns I would have to replace the springs inside it
>>
>>32031586
it was during the pre-election gun scare so I probably paid a bit more than I should have. Got it for about $550 brand new.
>>
>>32031615
American as Apple pie. And nowadays completely 2nd amendment friendly.
(Rip Bill Ruger)
>>
>>32032210
Oh that's not bad.. I think 400 or 500 is on my range of I save up a bit more. Do you think it would last a lifetime with proper maintenance? It's solid steel would it ever rust?
>>
>>32032072
Sometimes you might. Some surplus might as well be brand new. It's just been sitting in some armory for a few decades. It's hit or miss.

That said. Any pistol you are interested in getting you might want to check on parts availability before you buy it.
>>
>>32032361
I think it would probably outlast you if you keep it well enough. Thing's built like a tank. Haven't had it long enough to make a proper verdict, but with maintenance I think you'll do fine with it. Another similar thing to consider is Beretta's 92fs. It's the base model of the US military's standard side arm, which is a pretty good endorsement. I personally went with the CZ because not only did it beat the NATO torture tests, it beat the Czech national police's tests which are pretty insane.
>>
>>32032458
Yes I've already compared the Beretta 92 with the cz75. Seems better to me. Beretta is aluminium cz is steel. Do cz75s show up in surplus stores? I'm actually on my way to one right now to look at what they have.
>>
>>32032583
Cz75s are great I love mine. No issues in 10 years or 5000+ rnds.
>>
>>32032583
I wouldn't be surprised if you found one there but I wouldn't bet too much on it. They're still widely used service pistols in the east so I don't know if anyone really wants to get rid of them.
>>
File: IMG_6456.jpg (368KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6456.jpg
368KB, 1080x1920px
Revolvers are nice!

Pic My mod 13 freshly cerakoted.
>>
>>32031678
Back when I wanted a gun, I was THIS close to getting a C9. I did my time and had two deployments; i've got plenty of range experience out of boots as well.

If you're REALLY that strapped for cash, but HAVE to have a gun, then you should have a gun that you know how to handle. I'd rather see someone spend extra dosh on range time than an extra $50 - $100 on a gun they're more likely to injure themselves or a loved one with than an actual bad guy.

If your gun is just going to sit in a safe all year because you can't bring yourself to spend the money on range time at least once every other month, then quite honestly, get a double-barrel.

Put four to six mags of lead downrange every month for six months, or every other month for a year. Gun ownership can and should change your mindset just a little bit; it's kind of like getting a pet or a kid, in the sense that you should never forget about it entirely and need to check form and function regularly.

Not only that, there's a lot of little things that shooters have to spend time behind the trigger learning. No class, no chatroom, is going to replace the experience of hearing the bang after squeezing the trigger, and seeing if you can actually hit what you're aiming at. If you're like most people, your arms are going to get a little rubbery your first time. Holding that much metal at arms length and having it jump in your grip isn't something the average person does regularly. Imagine the fear and adrenaline of a real-life situation on top of that.

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks, but the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

If you're really that tight on dough, turn it into brass, because at the end of the day, it's the better shooter that wins, and not the better gun. Quite honestly, if it's more hobby than truly a self-defense concern, then the gun you REALLY WANT is always just out of reach anyway.

And that's all I have to say about that.
>>
>>32032744
>>32032760
Yeah I've read nothing but good things about them. I've shot my dad's before too, and my parents are from the Czech republic so thats another reason to get one. Represent!

>>32032893
They're cool and I will get one eventually, but id much rather have 17 bullets vs 6..
>>
>>32032988
Yeah thats a very good point. Someone with lots of practice will do better with any gun vs someone with a very expensive gun who never shoots it. I'm thinking I'll just save up some more and get the 500$ gun so I won't have to worry about buying more. And than I'll just get a combat rifle and call it good. I Would like to practice I will be going to ranges with my dad.
>>
I was looking at a used CZ 75 D COMPACT for 350$ used. Very clean what do you guys think
>>
Nevermind the 75D has no manual safety. Thats a deal breaker
>>
>>32031615
Usually springs will be fine. It actually takes a lot to wear out most quality firearms and handguns get carried more than fired.

Ruger is an American company. You're thinking of Luger, which is a German-designed pistol from the early 1900s.
>>32031678
The C9 is shitty. Really shitty. It's the $500 Craigslist Hyundai Accent of guns. Will it get you to work? Probably. Is it going to be safe? Ehh...

Basically what you need to know is that 9x19mm is actually a pretty powerful cartridge. Powerful enough that in a handgun it's supposed to fire from a locked breech, this is why the barrel of a Glock or a 1911 tips up when you run the slide back. When such a pistol is fired, the barrel moves with the slide about a 1/4 inch before hitting a camming surface on the frame, which tips the barrel down and out of it's locking surface. Only then is the case pulled out of the chamber by the extractor.

But this is a little tricky to machine, whereas a direct blowback gun will just let the slide ride straight back, it is held in battery only by spring tension and the slide's mass. And that works fine for .22LR, .32 ACP or even .380 ACP, but not so much with 9mm. You see, because 9mm is powerful, you need either a fuckheavy spring or a LOT of slide mass to make it stay in battery.

Hi-Point cut out the locking mechanism that way. They made the slide really big and chunky. Because it's so thick they also decided to make it out of cheap Zamak alloy (basically the pot metal that Hot Wheels are made of) figuring that the thickness would make up for how weak the metal is.

So you're shooting a gun with the frame made out of cheap McDonald's level plastic and the slide (which is 80% of the weight of the whole thing) made out of Zamac. And that slide is flying back at you at very high velocity every time you shoot. This means that recoil is harsh, VERY stout for a 9mm. The gun is also damn near impossible to conceal because of just how heavy and chunky it is.
>>
>>32033961
So while it CAN be accurate, shooting it accurately is very hard because of the big fuckoff slide slamming back way faster and harder than normal.
The trigger ranges from OK to staple-gun levels of bad. It can be improved by removing the magazine disconnect safety, which is pretty easy.

Reliability? Crapshoot. It can be OK. Mine work, but they have been shot a lot and it takes some shooting to properly break one in.

That magazines are cheaply made out of folded sheet metal. The feed lip design is very weak and prone to getting bent, causing jams on feeding. It doesn't help that the ramp from the magazine well to the chamber tends to be very rough out of the factory.

So you can make it work pretty reliably and kind of sort of hit things with it if you shoot a lot and fiddle with it. Maybe send it back to the factory once or twice. You'll end up with a cheap 9mm that's still shitty to shoot, but works, but is still way too uncomfortable to carry.
>>
>>32031678
>no manual safety
This is so that you don't have to worry about the safety being either on or off when you draw it. Some people insist on a manual safety anyway, or at least a grip safety and since the Glock is carried cocked with a relatively light trigger pull I can see that argument.

You can always Israeli carry it. IE no round in the chamber, you run the slide back when you draw it instead of flicking any kind of safety off.
>plastic
Modern plastic is fine. Metal is a bit tougher, but because it's more expensive to machine metal than it is to mold plastic you'll be paying a premium for it. At least when comparing new guns.

Plastic is also lighter and easier to carry.
>buying online
Depends on your local stores. You can't have (most) guns shipped directly to your door. They are shipped to a dealer who will charge you a fee to transfer the gun over and you still fill out paperwork as if buying it from the store. If there's a significant cost savings or the gun is not available locally, buying online is an option. If you want to get the same gun that's on the shelf for $20 more, buy the one on the shelf.
>>32031720
Tokarev was an engineer for the Soviet government, like Kalashnikov some of his designs were named after him. It's not a "brand". The Zastava M88 is a Serbian gun vaguely based off the Tokarev design from 1933.
>>32032583
Maybe. It would have to be a licensed gun dealer. IIRC there were a few surplussed out but most of the ones you'll find will be commercial models.
>>32033637
That's a good price actually.
>>32033920
It's a DA/SA design. You carry it round in the chamber with hammer decocked. When you bring it into action you'll have a really long double-action pull (pulls hammer back then drops it) which can only happen deliberately. Note for this reason most revolvers don't have manual safeties.

As for hammer resting on a live chamber, don't worry, they actually have internal safeties to keep the gun from going off if it gets bumped.
>>
>>32031678
>Oregon
Not seeing anything particularly tasty from private sellers but there is a licensed dealer who has a Taurus Millenium for $215, that's pretty cheap.
http://www.armslist.com/posts/6101671/salem-oregon-handguns-for-sale--taurus-pt111-millenium-pro-9mm
And a G2 model for $254
http://www.armslist.com/posts/6101495/salem-oregon-handguns-for-sale---new--taurus-pt111-millenium-g2-9mm
And a Hi-Point if you REALLY want to check one out.
http://www.armslist.com/posts/6101732/salem-oregon-handguns-for-sale--hi-point-c9

There's one that also carries the M206 revolver.
http://www.armslist.com/posts/4681497/corvallis-oregon-handguns-for-sale--armscor-rock-island-model-206---38spl-revolver
>>
>>32027793
Sccy makes good budget handguns. The Ruger LCP and LC9 have good feedback. I dunno what CZs go for nowadays, but probably nothing too insane.
>>
>>32034266
Also check out Tokarevs and P64s, they are pretty darn cheap.
>>
>>32033961
You've been the most helpful in this whole thread another thanks to you sir.

So I went to two gun shops today to look at guns and ask them questions was pretty chill, I looked at a few different guns but the one that caught my eye was the cz 75d compact I mentioned earlier, i Was gonna go and buy it tomorrow but I found out about the no safety .. But I liked the compact version more than my dad's full size, I have pretty small hands and it fit like a glove, from what I've researched the only difference is the size and it has 2 less bullets in the magazine which is not a big deal to me because 14+1 is still plenty. What would you say about the differences between these guns: CZ 75 , CZ 75B vs. CZ 75 COMPACT, is there more I should know about ? What price range am I looking at at if I buy used vs new. And if you would like to help me find one near me on one of those sites. So if I find one online they ship it to a local gun shop where they can do the background check? I was wondering how people could just order guns to their door.
>>
>>32034165
I looked at a few 9mm SAR`s but they only have like 6 or 7 round mags, I looked at the glock19 But no safety is a deal breaker, and i don't like the polycarbonate. I looked at a few SW revolvers but not what I'm looking for, they even had a hi point c9 it was sturdier than I expected but it's really ugly and polycarbonate again. And I also looked at a ruger but forgot the name.
>>
So I looked on Armslist and a new CZ 75 COMPACT 9MM goes for about 500$ shouldn't it be cheaper than a full size cz? I actually prefer a used one so I can get more bang for my buck . but I've changed my mind and don't want a cheap shitty gun anymore after seeing the hi point in person.
>>
>>32034820
>shouldn't it be cheaper than a full size cz?
guns dont work that way making shit smaller makes them cost the same or more
>>
>>32027965
What is dis?
>>
>>32034820
full sized czs are a lot more common so it's harder to inflate their prices.

MSRP for a 75 compact is about $50 less than a full sized but Armslist gougers only care about what they can get away with.
>>
>>32027916
This. Get a shield
>>
>>32031586
If you want one shtf weapon then get a ruger 10/22 rifle for around 250-300 bucks.
>>
File: 20161111_225853~01.jpg (3MB, 4785x2968px) Image search: [Google]
20161111_225853~01.jpg
3MB, 4785x2968px
>>32035379
>>32027916
This, I love mine, put maybe 800rds through it so far, had it a few months, I'm a cash-strapped college student living in a budget, but it was worth saving for this, also I CC it. Great gun, literally the only thing i wish Is that it has more ammo cap, but hey i don't want to carry a double stack.
>>
>>32034266
Honestly I hated the trigger on the Ruger LC(9/P) like my shield's better
>>
>>32034715
Honestly that CZ75D is a very good deal. The lack of a manual safety isn't a big deal. In fact it's actually better. You can carry it decocked and it'll be perfectly safe, while being ready to use instantly.

350 is a screaming deal for it. I'm not even in the market for a compact CZ and I'd jump on one that cheap.
>>
>>32035404
Yeah I've read that it's THE shtf gun.. but. I wouldn't trust it to protect my life in a quick situation..
>>32035434
How much rounds does it hold?
>>
>>32037224
It seems to be a great deal.. But honestly I think I'm scared away because of the fact it will be my first gun and I'm not experienced with them at all. It seems like it would be asking for trouble to have a safety less gun as my first gun.. I don't understand what the decocker really means.. I'm guessing it would be dangerous to carry a gun with the hammer cocked back because something could happen and it would fire?
>>
>>32037313
When you run the slide back it leaves the hammer cocked. From that point to fire it you pull the trigger, which is in single-action mode. It only releases the hammer which drops it under spring tension. That means that if you carry it cocked and locked it only takes a ~4-6 pound trigger pull to set the gun off. That is indeed unsafe.

However if you chamber a cartridge and use the decocker it will safely drop the hammer without firing, this leaves the hammer decocked on a loaded chamber. There is an internal safety that blocks the hammer from firing the cartridge if it's bumped. Also to fire it you pull the trigger in a double action mode. This has to push against the hammer spring tp cock it (action one) and then release the hammer to fire (action two). Because of the added resistance it is now a 10-12 pound trigger pull. THAT IS NOT GOING TO GO OFF BY ACCIDENT.

It is perfectly safe to carry a DA/SA pistol with no safety and a loaded chamber with the hammer decocked.

Also once you fire it leaves the hammer cocked and the subsequent shots will all be single action. Most CC guns are double action only, requiring the 10-12 pound pull on each shot and there is also no safety because it would be redundant.
>>
>>32037541
Okay I think I understand it now. Thanks for all the explanations. I think I'll have to pass on the PCR version tho besides the safety it's also made out of aluminium alloy, CZ 75 COMPACT is solid steel and has a safety this is what I'm looking for. I might just buy one new for 500 and have it shipped to a local dealer who has a FFL. and then I will buy a few cases of ammo and start practicing! I appreciate all the help and recommendations I got in the thread.
>>
>>32037806
Welp if that's worth an extra 150 plus shipping then all the more power to you. At least you'll get the gun you actually want, and a decent one at that, rather than a budget starter like a Hi-Point.
>>
>>32037856
Yeah I was thinking the extra 150 is worth not having an accidental discharge.. And another reason is heavier guns have less recoil. I don't mind the extra weight i won't even be concealed carrying it until I get good at shooting. So I'll just keep it somewhere hidden in my room most of the time. But I will get into changing the sights and grip when I get bored. Yeah I will probably have to spend about 600 because they charge for a background check , ffl fees and I'll need a few boxes of 9mm rounds. I actually saw some ar15s and the guy said they start at 700$ I was surprised they were that cheap because I always thought they were around 2000$
>>
>>32037933
You aren't going to ND a DA/SA decocker pistol just because it doesn't have a safety. If your mindset relies on a manual safety you are already on the wrong track. The basic rules of handling a firearm already cover it.

If you get a gun with a safety and then rely on it, you are liable to neglect basic rules because "the safety is on" which is even worse.

That's why I keep trying to argue that while having it is nice, not having it is no big deal. The only safety that matters is you.
>>
>>32035718
That's what I've heard. The Custom and LCP II seem miles ahead of the original version
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.