[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CZ Scorpion evo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13

File: CZ_Scorpion_SBR_2_zpsjyaalyze.jpg (193KB, 1024x602px) Image search: [Google]
CZ_Scorpion_SBR_2_zpsjyaalyze.jpg
193KB, 1024x602px
I'm thinking of picking one of these up in an SBR format for the wife for HD and a range toy. I've yet to even hold or see one and have been to a few CZ stores/dealers. Anyone have any experience with them? I've watched/read a little about them but can't find anything other than an unboxing/initial opinion.
>>
dey aight
>>
I've heard that they recoil pretty hard relative to other 9mm PCCs. Never shot one myself, though.
>>
File: 1479000770240.jpg (295KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1479000770240.jpg
295KB, 2048x1536px
god these are sexy
>>
I've heard that they recoil pretty light relative to other 9mm PCCs. Never shot one myself, though.
>>
File: 1479344936580.jpg (34KB, 774x593px) Image search: [Google]
1479344936580.jpg
34KB, 774x593px
>>32024056
>>32024156
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>32024012
Dearest OP,
I have owned one for about 8 months now, I JUST got stamp from the ATF and did the engraving thing under the old trust format. The gun is very nice and handles well. I topped mine with an Aimpoint Micro T-1 Tactical Red Dot Sight. This configuration allowed for co-witnessing with the sites that were included with the pistol. As a pistol this thing is horrendous and I would never suggest someone buy it. As an SBR it's very handy and quite an awesome thing to see. I don't know where you are but you better think long about this.

Cost of gun...
Stamp...
SBR Parts kit...
Cost of Trust...
For me, additionally the site, the Omega 9K can (and stamp for that too)
Secure storage...

$3,000 basically, no regrets though. I am still waiting on the stamp/can. I absolutely refused to shoot it as a pistol and while I have had my SBR stamp for two weeks, I have never shot one myself.
>>
>>32024427
How does it do it perform with different ammo, have you used any hollow points with it?
>>
plz respond
>>
Not OP but have a similar question. I live in a county where capacity is restricted on long guns, but not handguns. Would /k/ recommend the scorpion evo pistol or a PAP M85NP? It would mainly be a range gun, and I would probably keep it in pistol format after moving to a less commie county/state and get a proper AR/AK/whatever.
>>
Just bought the pistol version myself and plan to SBR it.
>>
>>32025083
Neither make a good pistol. Although if you wanted to keep it in pistol form a shockwave blade or sig arm brace is a must. Really helps being able to hold the gun against your "cheek"
>>
File: 20161010_190707.jpg (2MB, 2556x1005px) Image search: [Google]
20161010_190707.jpg
2MB, 2556x1005px
>>32024012
I own one. In the process of sbr.

Now that more people have barrel nuts and new forends/barrels are on the way in the 3rd party market I wouldd buy the carbine, then sbr that.

As far as the pistol.

Get the 1 point sling it helps, and magpul pannels for the pic rails. The pic rails are sharp.
>>
File: 93947407.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
93947407.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
Got my sbr in last month, I like it so far, only downside was I bought it before they changed the threads on the barrel, so I'll have to get an adapter when the suppressor gets approved.

>>32024056
Its a blowback system with a big Chucky bolt, the recoil is definitely chunkier.
>>
File: 20161116_232427.png (2MB, 2064x1161px) Image search: [Google]
20161116_232427.png
2MB, 2064x1161px
>>32024427
You got ripped off.
Gun is 800, stock is 200, stamp is 200, trust is 100, sight is 500. So unless you have a 1200 silencer you did it wrong. And if you do have a 1200 silencer you're doing it wrong.

>>32025249
Those panels are crap. You should just get rubber covers. Don't buy the carbine to SBR it that is retarded.

>>32025582
Use a tri-lug as you should be doing anyways and that isn't an issue.

>>32024739
It runs anything I have shot through mine. Hollow points included. Both the spring and the bolt are heavy enough to reliably feed. I don't shoot steel cased in it though so cannot say how it does with that.

>>32024056
>>32024156
It's 9mm blowback with 8 inch barrel and it's big-ish. You can doubletap with it as long as you aren't a 95 lb girl.

>>32024012
I've had my stamp for exactly 1 year today. A red dot on top means you can put it in anyone's hands and they will be on target with shot 1. It's crazy easy to shoot. It's also crazy compact and fits in my normal range backpack (just a Drago backpack).

Parts you should swap
Grip - Yetiwurks
Safety - HB Industries AK style
Springs - HB Industries
Anything else is up to how you want to run it.
>>
>>32025649
Couple questions; is the charging handle reciprocating, does it have last round hold open, would you recomend buying the 922r kit or just the folder and 3rd party grip, safety, mag release, etc.?
>>
I'd rather have something like an MP5 or TP9 if I actually were to go the sbr route desu
>>
>>32025649
plz respond
>>
>>32026202
shut the fuck up cuck, no one asked you
>>
>>32026320
>Calls me a cuck for suggesting better guns
You sound like the same breed of shit that thinks the nugget is a good rifle
>>
>>32025826
Does not reciprocate. Charging handle can be moved to either side. I have 2 charging handles on mine, you can mount a second one for no reason other than to honor pedigree. They both work, just not in tandem. You can slap the charging handle like an HK.

Has last round hold open. It's very tactile because of the large bolt so even
more than an AR you know when the bolt locked back.

The 922r kit internal parts all have distinct cuts from the OEM. Meaning a trained eye could tell them apart and could easily say if you have American or foreign parts in the gun. The external parts like grip, mag bases and followers and flash hider are also different in subtle ways. I personally follow 922r even though I hate it but you make your own decisions. AFAIK the 922r kit is really the only way to get the folding stock unless you take one off a carbine model. There are other aftermarket folding stocks though if that's you're thing.
>>
Why not something like this and skip the SBR shit? It's a pain in the ass to deal with if you ever move states or decide to sell. I know it's not as sexy and similar cost, but you'll get the whole package faster and don't have to deal with the gov as much.
>>
>>32024012
I considered CZ Scorpion and Sig MPX but went with Zenith Z-5RS (MP5 made by MKE on same machinery as HK who sold it to them and licensed their manufacture of MP5) But the CZ is half price and a great gun. I'm sure you'll like it
>>
>>32026428
There are sig brace mounts for the EVO.
>>
Zenith MP5 clone w/arm brace ftw
>>
>>32026497
Fuckin A nice
>>
>>32026413
CZ recently discontinued the 922r kit and began selling the parts as individual components, so you can snag the stock by itself now (and get it in FDE if you have an FDE pistol).

Also, for those on the fence about the Evo but scared about the reports of mag reliability, I've been doing some heavy research on the issue. Apparently CZ changed the molds early this year and thickened the feed lips where the cracks were forming by about 20%. If your magazines have rounded corners on the outside of the mag and a 2016 date stamp, you're golden, but if not CZ will replace them if/when the feed lips begin to crack. They haven't announced a recall and they won't accept unbroken mags for exchange to the new style though, likely out of fear that they'll get flooded with old mags and permanently damage the Evo's reputation.
>>
>>32026447
>>32026497
I've been eyeing a Z-5RS myself but the cheaper retailers like Atlantic are out of stock. Should I get the Atlantic Omega MP5 clone instead? I prefer the wide handguard and SEF lower, and the welds look nicer.
>>
File: Snapchat-5593467234529448026.jpg (331KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5593467234529448026.jpg
331KB, 1080x1776px
>not fully auto

Wish trump would repeal the Hueghes amendment so we could have true subguns.
>>
>>32028403
Same. I feel like the likelihood is very slim.
>>
>>32024056
I mean it's harsher than AR9's and similar, but it's pretty soft compared to other blowbacks or delayed rollers and shit. You can almost feel the bolt compress the spring more rather than a sudden jump in your hands

However you're gonna want to invest a few bucks in switching shit out, namely the safety and the foreend. The "guard" is cheap airshit plastic with rough picatinny. Either get the new handguard from cz or there's another company I can't remember the name of that makes a similar mlok guard.

Also it wouldn't be bad to upgrade the charging handle, it's small and stiff enough that I couldn't charge it without grating my knuckles on the top rail
>>
For those with the SBR evo, I will be getting my stamp in about 4 months and was wondering about height for the red dot. Do you feel with the red dot co witnessed that the irons take up a lot of the sight picture? I wasn't sure it I wanted co witness or lower 1/3 for it.
>>
>>32030302

The irons are low enough not to be a huge deal, maybe its just me but I almost get like a 1/4 cowitness

You could get a riser mound that lets you use the irons and dot independently but unless you're going for the buffer tube/ar stock route the cz stock might give you check weld issues
>>
>>32030200
HB Industries makes replacements for all three things mentioned. Their new MLOK forends look really nice. Manticore Arms has a couple being rolled out now as well if you prefer a squared-off front end.
>>
File: IMG_1447.jpg (938KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1447.jpg
938KB, 3264x2448px
Scrubs...
>>
a guy i know has a skorpion evo sbr and its fucking sweet. i wasnt that into them until i messed around with one. theyre sick. I can also attest to the fact that the MPX is a pretty decent gun. I owned one for a bit but sold mine and I kind of wish that I hadnt. Next purchase within the next few weeks for me I believe is going to be the sp5k though..serves no real purpose and is so expensive but im pretty gay for HK shit

>>32030588

respec on that vp9..b&t is dope too. a local store apparently has a few and i may check them out.
>>
>>32031049
MPX is gay as fuck.

B&T or Evo. Other than that, 9mm ARs
>>
File: 1475008947342.png (238KB, 364x378px) Image search: [Google]
1475008947342.png
238KB, 364x378px
>>32031691
Das it mayne
>>
>>32031691
>MPX is gay as fuck.

>opinion in trashcan dot man
>>
>>32031691

Look like I found one of those "retards" I've heard so much about.
>>
I bought the first gen (i think) evo a few years ago, never got around to sbring it

Is there any difference between the current gen and previous gen models besides the american threading and harder to fuck with trigger?
>>
So do I have this right about 922r compliance when SBR'ing;

Because by installing a stock you are "manufacturing" a firearm and have to comply with 922r?
>>
>>32036959
Yep, 922r is on the manufacturer

That said, you'd honestly have to try to get in trouble for 922r if you're a law abiding citizen who just wants to shoot your guns.

The only possible way 922r would even remotely be an issue for you to get v&, you've already done something that you'll get put in the slammer for regardless
>>
Seriously it's not a "sub-gun" anymore. It's just an sbr in a pistol caliber.

what is to be had that I'm not already getting between SBR AR platform, and a 33rd mag in the G17? Seems a waste of the whole design concept if it's not going to be a true SMG. Guess I should find one to shoot some time, any input as far as owning a highly neutered "sub gun"?
>>
>>32037238
I guess everybody who owns an ar15 is an idiot because they dont shoot burst which is kinda what they were made for, right?

Do you know what an sbr in a pistol caliber is called? A sub gun. Is a vector not a sub gun? MP5? UMP? Thompson?

Take your imaginary ar sbr and glock that you probably dont have and go kill yourself if all you're going to do is act elitist by not knowing what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>32038112
Found the guy who calls his ar15 an assault rifle

>>32037238
>what is to be had that I'm not already getting between SBR AR platform, and a 33rd mag in the G17?
Compared to a short barreled 5.56, the scorpion is quiet and probably better indoors
Compared to a glock, the scorpion is a more stable shooter (two handed aiming and can be shouldered)
Compared to a short barreled .300blk the scorpion is fukken useless m8.

>>32037238
>Seems a waste of the whole design concept if it's not going to be a true SMG
They are also cool if you think of them as shootable semi-auto replicas of more cool guns (mp5, thompson etc), but yes
>>
>>32038295
I think he meant how does a 9mm SBR AR15 hold up against a Scorpion. Something I'm curious about as well.
>>
>>32038925
The MPX is basically this and the Scorpion is dominating it in sales. No one wants a proprietary 9mm piston AR.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.