[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Personal Safety Fuck-ups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: oops-4580431.jpg (90KB, 1300x1093px) Image search: [Google]
oops-4580431.jpg
90KB, 1300x1093px
There's usually a thread that pops up every now and then about gun safety mistakes we've seen other people make.

Can we get a thread going about our own fuck-ups? I'll start with mine.

>be me, own full-size SA 1911-A1 mil-spec because meme gun
>have carry permit, 1911 is my only handgun, cc it around town (conceals pretty well actually with jacket) because why not
>yesterday hanging out with girl I met last week when we decide to go study at a coffee shop
>been ccing entire time I've been with her, but we've been outside where it was chilly and a jacket was warranted
>coffee shop is going to be warm inside, so I know I'll have to take my jacket off
>gun is also under my button-down, but would be fairly obvious once I was sitting down
>I don't want to freak out a bunch of pussies in the coffee shop with big scary gun, decide to put it in my backpack instead
>unholster, set gun on floor of car by my backpack in the back seat so I can get my shit together
>pull backpack out of car, it fucking brings the 1911 with it
>gun, round in the chamber and hammer cocked, falls from my car and hits the asphalt
>landed where it was pointing directly at her feet
>she turns around at the noise and sees me bending down to pick up gun she didn't know I had on me

Thank fuck it didn't go off. I had the safety on and everything, but this gun is older than I am and I wasn't sure it could take an impact like that. Turns out she's fine with me having it on me, but I was freaking the fuck out at having been so irresponsible. I don't think it was an outright idiotic move (as opposed to cleaning a gun while it's loaded) but I that's the kind of shit, the little things, that gets people killed.

What stupid things have you done with your guns /k/?
>>
File: 1478609907143.jpg (38KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1478609907143.jpg
38KB, 400x388px
what guns do you have
>>
>>32023064
>Can we get a thread going about our own fuck-ups?
Letting someone bring alcohol along to a shoot because they'll be "responsible"
Never taking that fucking drunk out again.
>>
>>32023270
Story time
>>
>>32023302
There really isn't much to it.
>Acquaintance and his friend want to do something on friend's birthday.
>I offer to take them shooting for free
>Bring along a few rifles, they absolutely loved the K31
>I'm skeptical about the vodka and beer they want to bring along, I'm not much of a drinker so I would drive anyway
>We shoot for a while and they do not stop drinking
>Starting to get to the point where they can't even hold the rifles steady
>One throws an empty can in front to shoot and almost hits his fucking foot
>Call it and say we're leaving, they get all fucking pissy and say they won't do shit with me again if I'm going to treat them like children
>Tell them that sounds good.

Alcohol ruins everything, nobody knows their fucking limits.
>>
I think the worst I ever did was take some loaded mags out to the range when I didn't recall what I'd loaded into them. The RO started yelling when he saw tracers hitting the steel at 100 yards.

Turns out my local range hadn't gotten rain in like month, so I could have started a serious brush fire.
>>
>>32023422
That sucks
One of the reasons why I don't want to get into cheap alcohol
>>
>>32023270
>he doesn't sip vodka around a campfire while his friends cradle their loaded weapons and flinch in drunken terror at every bump in the night
>>
>couple years ago now
>get home from a range trip
>Decide to play with my .22 a little bit
>Pointing it around, finger on the trigger, ready to shoot
>even lazily drop the hammer using the trigger a few times
>Decide to run the lever for giggles
>Live round pops out
I lived in an apartment at the time, so no matter where the bullet went, the odds of hitting someone or something were very high. I felt like a complete idiot and now do several safety checks when getting home and even before leaving the range. Thankfully I try to avoid dry firing my .22s as much as possible, but I've done it before. I held onto that bullet to remind me how important it is to check the fucking chamber every time.
>>
>new carry permit no holster glock 26
>decided to Mexican carry into movie theater
>gun drops down my pants a few paces away from ticket counter
>catch it in between my legs
>do a weird embarrassing shuffle into handicap restroom with what looks like a block of shit
>stuff gun into pocket and wait five minutes before make a bee line to movie

I don't even remember the movie.
>>
File: Snapchat--1196938114627384365.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--1196938114627384365.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>32023064
Does this count?
>>
>>32024142
Watched a security video of a kid killing his father doing that not too long ago
>>
File: feabboqn7piuimwofvol.png (187KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
feabboqn7piuimwofvol.png
187KB, 450x300px
I almost qualified for a job with the ATF years ago.

>shooting skeet with friends on farm, river behind property
>two retrievers hanging out and playing behind us
>one of them suddenly decides to retrieve a clay pigeon
>tunnel vision, pigeon flies low
>dog running directly towards it, don't see it
>dog takes flying leap off dock
>miss dog by 3 feet, probably would have been scared shitless if it wasn't in the water
>it is somehow my fault the owner let his dogs out
>>
>be me
>bored in room
>I know, let's clean my mossberg, it's been sitting forever and could use some new oil
>rack, rack, rack, rack, until no more shells come out
>RACKRACKRACK
>check barrel, nothing
>shut
>check mag tube, nothing
>we cool
>aim out window into woods to dry fire
>*BANG* REEEEEEEEEE
>wtfs internally
>pay $600 for new window and install it

turns out the operating mechanism was bent in such a way that it doesnt feed reliably, look inside and cartidge stop tab is all jacked up from getting pushed behind the slide/action piece instead of in front. Show mossberg on a pic and they tell me its a rare but known issue, send me new parts. Re-bent the new part and it's 100% reliable now, where previously it would jam in weird ways and sometimes not eject. Needless to say, I learned an important safety lesson that day and I'm glad no one got hurt. I also became way way more autistic about safety and clearing things than I was before then, and I thought then that I was pretty stringent with myself.
>>
>>32024170
Good thing its just my brother
>>
File: 1478414642868.png (87KB, 268x325px) Image search: [Google]
1478414642868.png
87KB, 268x325px
>>32023422
>they get all fucking pissy and say they won't do shit with me again if I'm going to treat them like children

Alright, I raged.

>hurr fuck you anon for spending your money and risking us fucking up your expensive ass guns while we proceed to get more and more drunk while treating deadly weapons like toys

Those "friends" of yours were faggots. I hope you dropped them like a fucking hot rock after that.
>>
>>32023422
>>32024422
This is where you perform dental surgery with the butt of your nugget.
>>
>>32024422
>Those "friends" of yours were faggots.
They weren't even friends. I was just trying to be nice and let some guys I knew go shooting. When I said friend, I meant his friend.
>>
>>32024338
Had something like this happen with a .444 marlin in a lever action.
>be me
>Group of buddies at gunshop next to range after closing times.
>In general just talking shit sitting on the couch.
>I pull out Old Marlin Model 444
>Pass it around as a few newer guys haven't ever seen one
>One guy racks it a few times and ask to dryfire it
>I say yes
>*BOOM*
>4 full grown men nearly shit themselves as Glass case shatters

Come to find out, the head of the extractor had broken at some point in the last year since I had fired it last, and had been stored in my safe with a round chambered. Needless to say I didn't shoot it that day, and for like 12 bucks had a new one shipped to me.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.