[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inheriting gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-11-16-19-48-21.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-16-19-48-21.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Well /k/, I'm a beer at here but I came because I am going to be inheriting this U.S. Winchester Model of 1917 with all matching serial numbers and was made 2 months before the war's end. Does anyone have this gun? I imagine it is (((somewhat))) rare so I was wondering what I should do with it? I have always been fascinated by guns and always wanted one but have no idea how to properly care nor preserve them.

tldr: anyone have this gun and if so, got any suggestions?
>>
>>32022977
"Beer at" is supposed to be newfag. Phone fag, here
>>
Okay, first off, once you get the gun, make sure to clean and oil it. Apply a thin layer of oil to any exposed metal on the gun. And wipe it down any time you touch it to prevent surface rust from forming. If you don't already know how to field strip it, find resources online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT0hXWxeS1k

I found a video detailing the process for you. Other than the basics of maintaining old rifles, I'm not familiar with the 1917 specifically.
>>
>>32023214
Yeah, the 1917 seems to not be as popular as the mighty 1903 but it seems like a nice rifle. I've held it in my hands already and it's decent weight. Never shot it before because since it was my Grandpa's, he didn't know how to maintain it and therefor didnt want to ruin it. Thanks for the video, btw. I'm looking forward to maintaining and eventually, shooting this gun.
>>
It's a better rifle than the 1903. Light coat of oil and store it in a cool dry place. If you get a safe make sure you get dehumidifiers
>>
>>32023711
the gun is in florida rn so it is HUMIDITY CENTRAL. im worried about it now because they simply put it in a closet
>>
>>32023734
Indoors is fine since everyone in the gulf runs central A/C and it keeps humidity down.
>>
>>32022977
>with all matching serial numbers
Wut? The M1917 only has one serial number; on the receiver.
>>
>>32023937
newfag. I dont understand guns
>>
>>32023937
since you seem to know more about this gun than I do, my only question is, do you have it?

Does anyone here have it?
>>
>>32022977
>Model 1917
>Somewhat rare
Millions were made, man. Great gun, but not as collectable as a 1903.
>>
>>32024117
I don't really mind the rarity, i just believe its cool I will have a weapon from World War 1. you say it's a great gun. Have you fired it before?
>>
>>32022977
Chop the barrel, put it in an archangel stock and drill and tap a scope mount. Do it you will thank me later.
>>
>>32024182
Haven't fired one, but they have much better sights than 1903s and a more rugged and reliable action.

Just go buy some ammo and enjoy it.
>>
File: IMG_0189.jpg (481KB, 1509x465px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0189.jpg
481KB, 1509x465px
>>32024022
>do you have it?
I've had one. I sort of regret trading it. It was a rare one that was given to the Chinese in WWII and they cut it down.
>>
>>32024182
Watch this and enjoy learning about the history of your rifle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWrRowbvVio
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.