[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Belt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (19KB, 471x431px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 471x431px
How much difference does a gun belt make compared to a regular thick belt? I had pic related a $10 wal mart belt and used it with my crossbreed iwb holster and it worked fine but it broke.

What difference would it make between that and a $70 "gun belt" I've never tried one so I can't really decide what difference it would make, if at any, weather it would be worth it. My gun is a M&P Shield

Also link good belts

>Inb4 "that belt is gay"
I don't care
>>
>>32012985
That belt is real fucking gay
>>
>>32012985
That belt is gay and it's shit.

Buy some real leather you idiot.
>>
>>32012985
That belt is pretty homosexual.
>>
>>32013028
>>32013040
Why should I? What difference will it make?
>>
>>32013051
Not looking like you shop at Hot Topic?
>>
>>32013051
You won't look like a faggot.
>>
>>32013051
It won't break. You won't look like a faggot. Your life might actually get better.
>>
>>32013070
>>32013074
I do shop at hot topic though. Anyways is there any functional difference? What's the difference between a "gun belt" and a regular wide leather belt
>>
>>32013163
Any belt made out of thicker, stiffer leather is fine.
Most belts nowadays aren't made to hold up anything more substantial than a pair of jeans - they're flimsy, limp, and will sag and be uncomfortable with a holster on them.

Look for anything made of a thicker piece of solid leather - none of this two-layer glued together bullshit.
You can probably find a good one made by Dickies, Carhartt, or whatever work clothes maker you prefer - if it's good enough to hold a tool belt, it'll hold a CCW.
>>
>>32013281
Cool thanks
>>
A new /k/ meme has been born
Witnessed
>>
>>32012985
I no shit have this exact belt from Wal-Mart. I use it to carry a .40 shield IWB Blackhawk holster.

I also carried an m9 pistol on a drop holster for ten years and used a "spec ops brand better bdu belt," that I still use to go shooting with. The Wal-Mart belt looks good and carries my .40 fine so I wear that 100% of the time I'm out and about. The thicker belts are more for drop holsters or heavier ful size pistols doing innawoods type shit.
>>
File: 20161115_224821.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161115_224821.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>32013281
Most gun belts ARE two pieces of 7/8oz leather glued and sewn together. It's very uncommon/impossible to find a single strip of leather that would be as thick and strong as two strips combined.
Some gun belts incorporate a thin strip of spring steel into them to add more rigidity.

>>32013163
I spent $30 and just made my own gunbelt. Two strips of 1.75" wide 8/9oz leather sewn together with black synthetic sinew.
This way, I can have a reliable and functional gun belt, and still look like I shop at Hot Topic. It's yellow on one side, magenta on the other, and entirely reversible depending on which color I want to wear.
Pic related.

And yeah, purpose built belts do make a very large difference in comfort for EDC. It's something you'll have to try.
>>
File: 20161115_224833.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161115_224833.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>32014685
The bastard is nearly 1/2 inch thick, and never sags.
>>
I grabbed a Kore gun belt.

Absolutely comfy. Closest thing to suspenders you can manage. Look em up op. You won't regret it.
>>
>>32013163
>What's the difference between a "gun belt" and a regular wide leather belt

gun belts have a stiffener in them to reinforce them for holding shit up on them.
>>
File: 20160624_205006.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160624_205006.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>32012985

Unless you're some kind of high speed low drag operator operating hard internationally on a daily basis, there is NO tangible benefit to an "official" gun belt compared to any run of the mill consumer belt if you're just an average civilian who carries a pistol on a daily basis.

Yes; there are material durability benefits to the 'real' gun belts, but unless you're doing something that has your normal belts breaking on a regular basis, just use a normal belt. Also assuming you don't have some kind of strange body shape (extremely skinny? extremely fat?) A properly positioned holster on a normal belt on some jeans or slacks should not have any major rigidity/staying in position issues. I mean sure, if you're wearing pants that are three sizes too big for you and you're underweight and trying to holster a giant revolver, then it'll sag; but you got a shield so that shouldn't be a problem; and if all your pants are too big, don't get a gun belt to keep your holster up, get appropriately sized pants; it'll be cheaper overall and beneficial in many many more ways in general.

Don't get some weird goth shit like your picture; just like a normal belt.
>>
>>32012985

Gun belts are $70-100. A decently strong belt can be had for $45. Why would an adult be wearing a $10 wal-mart polyurethane belt if they can afford a pistol? Do you wear $20 shoes that need to be replaced every two months?
>>
>>32018585
>Why would an adult be wearing a $10 wal-mart polyurethane belt if they can afford a pistol? Do you wear $20 shoes that need to be replaced every two months?
kind of a dumb analogy given that a $20 leather belt can last more than a decade
>>
>>32018556
i too carry a full size 1911 on a walmart dickies belt.
>>
>>32012985
had the exact same belt as pick related, got it like 15 years ago and actually still works. it's surprisingly sturdy it's actually two strips of leather held together by the metal grommits (only can tell because mine is falling apart from wear- like 15 years is a long ass time for a belt) so if the grommits actually fit you right it should work pretty well for whatever. Actually sort of want another one since it's the only belt I've had that holds up to use. the metal grommits do a great job of taking wear off the leather like I've had some belts tear through t he leather where the belt prong goes through so I wouldn't worry about putting a lot of weight on it like a gun although it'd wear out a lot faster.
>>
>>32014704
NEAT
Where'd you source your materials from? And did you sew it by hand or with a machine?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.