[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texas Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 56

File: Z7qE8zz.png (15KB, 457x234px) Image search: [Google]
Z7qE8zz.png
15KB, 457x234px
To anybody in Texas, I just recently moved to Fort Worth from out of state and was wondering where there are any good ranges and LGS' around.
>>
>>32008237
VOTE STRAIGHT TICKET REPUBLICAN YOU GOD DAMNED FOREIGNER

Also welcome to our state, I really hope you enjoy your stay (so long as you don't fucking vote blue)

San Antonio fag, so can't say for sure, but come visit our city, we have great anime conventions and gun shows, and also the Rodeo
>>
>>32008237
What side of Fort Worth
>>
File: 08 06-17 074.jpg (102KB, 800x622px) Image search: [Google]
08 06-17 074.jpg
102KB, 800x622px
> I just recently moved to Fort Worth
Congrats on avoiding the shithole that is Dallas, and moving to Best Metroplex.
>>
God-tier 817 region reporting in, we all need a meetup sometime
>>
File: 029.jpg (22KB, 428x427px) Image search: [Google]
029.jpg
22KB, 428x427px
>>32008260
Not gonna give specifics but I am within spitting distance of the Fort Worth zoo.

>>32008256
Relax, I may have lived in a ban state prior but it was so conservative I was pretty much insulated from the libtards.

And yes, I voted Trump.
>>
>>32008316
I used to live near there too. The TCU area is probably the nicest part of Fort Worth
>>
East Dallas here, come over to the triple D some time, we have hipsters and gangbangers.
>>
>>32008256
>great anime conventions
You have *a* great anime convention. SA gun shows and stock show and rodeo are pretty legit though.

t. San An fag who moved to Austin for school
>>
File: 20150731_001414.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20150731_001414.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
Galveston county reporting, gf is TCU grad and loved Fort Worth. Congrats on becoming a free man.
>>
UTA here
>good ranges
Alpine's the only one I go to around here, it's alright but they're anal about FMJ
>LGS
Pawn shops and private sales all the way. There's a local Gouger Mountain but everything's too expensive.
>>
>>32008237
Ft. Worth native here

Quail Creek - great outdoor rifle and pistol range. Bit of a drive north on 35, but worth it. Staff is pretty cool. Go early on Saturday to avoid traffic on 35, ESPECIALLY if it is a race weekend at Texas Motor Speedway.

Elm Fork - Best place for shotgun IMO. They have trap/skeet and two or three sporting clay courses depending on the weekend. Good rifle and pistol ranges too, I prefer Quail Creek but Elm Fork is good too. Range staff is professional, a little dickish but they have to deal with the Dallas crowd as well which has a higher frequency of asshole in their population. Only downside is that they are literally located in a river bed, so they get flooded and have to partially close every now and then. They've been fixing that though since rain took them out of business for almost two straight months a couple of years ago.

Shoot Smart - nice indoor range, also north on 35, a little pricier. Only been once and I don't like indoor ranges as much but it's there.

Winchester shooting gallery - on Lancaster & 820 is in the ghetto and parking is shit, but range fees are good and people are alright. Really small, only about 15 lanes total. Avoid on Saturdays (or go early) because there's a LTC class next door and they flood the place.

Alpine - in South Ft Worth, outside loop 820. Used to be my favorite rifle/pistol range. Last few times I went there, they were dangerously understaffed and multiple people were being blatantly unsafe with no RSO to stop them. I don't go there anymore. Feel free to check it out if you hear otherwise, I haven't been in two years.

(Cont)
>>
>>32008496
(Cont)

Every range I've been to in DFW area has the same general rules regarding ammo: no rifle FMJ. Shoot Smart is the only place that I've been magnet tested at. Shoot Smart allows rapid fire on private lanes, winchester shooting gallery politely ignores rapid fire on the back pistol range if it isn't too crowded and you aren't being a dumbass. Everyone else is one shot per second or two seconds. Some ranges (Elm Fork for sure) tell you not to load more than 10 rds at a time, but no one really checks or pays attention, again, unless you're being a dumbass. That's actually just Texas in a nutshell.

If your thread is still up when I get off work I'll try to post some more or answer questions if you have any.
>>
Houston reporting in, some guy on local yikyak was threatening violence against trump voters, also some /pol/ack has been putting alt right posters up and it's triggering the local snowflakes. Fun stuff.
>>
>>32008237
San Antonio here. Welcome to Texas OP.
>>
>>32008449

No DFW range outaide of Gibsons allows FMJ on their 100y lines. Garland's court case has terrified every last one of them.
>>
>>32008237
Cleburne reporting in, should check out Defender Outdoors sometime. Got a nice indoor range and shop.
>>
>>32008442
Any good ranges or shops near by?
Recently returned here for work and only good range I know of is texas city municipal.
That new sgt mac place is nice and cozy but I can't find anywhere that has a big selection of guns
>>
817 here
Shoot Smart is a decent indoor range, 5$ fees during specific hours on the weekdays. Only goes out to 50 feet. I went shooting for the first time here and they answered my retard questions and seemed nice.
Quail creek is outdoors and a bit more expensive, but can accommodate rifles. It has a 'rougher' feel to it, like unpaved parking, and I always feel like my alignment gets fucked driving through the entrance. Otherwise it's decent.

I haven't found any LGS that treat me decently in the area. I ended up driving 3 hrs past grapevine to purchase my pistol at the only shop that wasn't asking MSRP +
>>
any good places around DFW where i can shoot an ak?

i dont want to go to my local indoor range and shoot at 23 yards

i also dont want to go to the outdoor range and sit on the bench and shoot at 100 yards

its an ak, i would like to see how accurate is, but i want blast the fuck out of shit with it
>>
>>32009114
theres a little shop in denton that is pretty good
>>
>>32009151
So what are you asking for? 50 yards? 100? I know quail creek has that. There's a connected area (maybe a different club) that allows full auto.
>>
File: hpcollage2.jpg (125KB, 542x297px) Image search: [Google]
hpcollage2.jpg
125KB, 542x297px
>>32008285
Highland Park here
*sips tea*
>>
>>32008237
YOU HAVE TO GO BACK
>>
File: 20161026_112431.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161026_112431.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>32009107

There's Arms Room, Clear Creek if you want outdoor (they go out to 200 yards), and Best Shot. Coastal Precision is a pretty cool little shop too, the manufacturer suppressors and shit I think.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 426x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 426x364px
806, Amarillo & Canyon Kommando here.
>>
>>32008496
this anon is pretty much on the money
>>
>>32009114
im also in the 817 and occasionally Euless Guns and Ammo have some decent deals on used rifles
>>
512 reporting in. Indian Summer for sure. When the hell is it supposed to get "cold" again. It's like 87 degrees outside, what the shit.
>>
File: FeelsBM.jpg (45KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
FeelsBM.jpg
45KB, 736x736px
>>32008256
>Fellow SA fag

Y-you got any land friendo? There's nowhere to shoot here
>>
File: Z_ Texas sees EuMurica.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Z_ Texas sees EuMurica.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
Any good ranges in the 936 area? Or if anyone knows what requirements are the parks around the area?
>>
>>32009181

Proactive defense. Private always-hot range that requires a relatively high level of safety and competency with pistols for membership (good holsters, 5 step draw, etc.) They have lots of drill based targets and shooting sports.
>>
File: IMG_2147.gif (1MB, 300x233px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2147.gif
1MB, 300x233px
>>32008237
Abilene, Texas here
I got nothing fun here
>>
>>32009114
I've been to Shoot Smart a few times but only ever bought ammo there. Will I be able to bring in some Tulammo 7.62x54r non-steel core? Or will they just fuck me? The bimetal jackets attract magnets I'm pretty sure, but there's no steel core.
>>
File: Sikhs_for_trump.jpg (131KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sikhs_for_trump.jpg
131KB, 720x960px
>>32008237
ETTS, Tacpro, there is also a range in Terell that goes out to 300 and you can shoot FMJ there.

There is a range in Grapevine with video screens you can shoot at.

Quail Creek up in Denton, also Magnum shooting sports a bit further north.

>PS if you vote blue I will find you and gut you
>>
>>32009114
Is shoot smart the place over off Jupiter? It sounds familiar.

>>32009499
I bought my first 2 rifles from them about 20 years ago during the reign of Clinton. I am old...
>>
>>32009442
Can I fuck your sister?
>>
Moved to Houston, and my asthma came back from the shitty air after being gone for 10 years. Well at least I like living here and the BBQ is fucking dank.

Bought my first truck, bought a bunch of guns, only issue is getting my disabled sorry ass out of the house to go to the range.
>>
>>32008442
Eyy fellow Galveston bro.

League City here.
>>
File: pucci.png (164KB, 403x311px) Image search: [Google]
pucci.png
164KB, 403x311px
>>32010353
>>
>>32008256
>>32009685
Lel. San Antonio is a liberal shithole in the oasis that is Texas. Try Frisco, you faggots.
>>
>>32008237
Magnum Sports up in Sanger will let you shoot whatever cheap ass ammo you have without complaints
>>
Are there any 2,000 yard ranges around the DFW area? All I can find a 400 yards and under.
>>
>>32008496
Quail creek is pretty good and 35w really aint a bad drive if it isnt rush hour or not even a TMS race just BIG races fuck shit up. I worked in that area a lot, shot there a few times, and hung out in the area a lot. I highly reccomend stopping by paradise gas station. One of those good ole american gas stations, kinda country, but a very reliable gas station with good gas and a full kitchen. They are renown for their burgers but if you are a working man and go by there early in the morning their fuckin biscuits and gravy and breakfast burritos are out of sight, sold out by 8-9am every day to all the country boys and mexicans going to work. Their bean and beef chimichangas and chicken and cheese taquitos are also very choice. Decent beer selection and a full liquor store next door.

Anyway, Elm Fork has a bad reputation for being uber fuds and someone has posted on here a snapshot of their rules sign, some of the most fudd ass retarded shit I've ever seen. Not just No FMJ but like no rifles with detachable magazines and no rifles with no scope. I've heard they have gotten less retarded but not exactly better, they have plenty of fudd customers so they arent worried about going out of business.

Quail creek used to be the same. I got bitched at a few times for shooting too fast. They wanted six seconds per shot jesus christ. They have relaxed a lot now and their business has grown and their are mostly focused on safety. Got a cute ole bird doggo in the office. Even had a m92 ak pistol up on the wall for $500. The time I got bitched out the RO was really cool but was like YOU SHOOTIN TOO FAST. Later on he gave me some revolver tips. They are way busier and way cooler now, and yes definitely the road they are on can get bogged out after some rain seasons.

Now I also lived in lewisville for a bit and Eagle range is ok. They make you read this rulebook before you shoot and their website sounds almost kinda racist with [cont]
>>
>>32013073
Racist? I'm in :)
>>
>>32013073
some "no saggy pants and we will give you a belt if we have to" and you gotta read the rulebook and say the secret codeword hidden in the rulebook.

now ive never had a problem with them but one time there was some Rufus ass redguard up in there and he wasnt reading the god damn thing and the guy is like
>so whats the secret phase
>uhhhh ohmmmm
>it may be down there towards the bottom did you read the page?
>uuhhhh ohmmmmm
>its down there at the bottom it may or may not be in bold and underlined letters
>uhhhh ohhmmmm what??????

so obviously they just want their $17 and dont care if you muzzle sweep everyone

other than that they have been good to me but they get retardly busy during rainy days, holidays, and unweatherly weather seasons. I have almost never talked to the ROs beacause they have never talked to me and I've never had safety concerns so that gets my respect. One time I was shooting single action and got too much in the rhythym and shot two rounds real quick, second one damn near into the ceiling, and the RO was like >_> but didnt say anything.

anyway im drunk as fuck bye
>>
>>32008496

Alpine is shit. No more than a shot every 4 seconds huurfduurf shit. Also, you need hollow points for rifle rounds.

Defender outdoors is pretty good, shoot smart always has a wait. Winchester it main one I go to because it's so cheap.
>>
>>32009181
im saying like one of those "county ranges" that I hear about. I don't have any access to private land but I want to just shoot my guns as fast as they can shoot, practice drawing, maybe set up a a few targets to switch between rapidly, all shit that all the local ranges would have a fucking fit about.
>>
>>32009685
Yeh I got a few places. You famailiar with Devine? I'm stationed here in SA but my buddy owns land out there
>>
>>32008237
North Fort Worth here, welcome! Good choice on not picking Dallas or Arlington. We should hall have a North Texas range day out at Tac Pro sometime
>>
>>32009685

My uncle owns 1,000 acres in Brooks County in south Texas. Gonna go hunting for white tail early December. Maybe I'll blast some pigs or turkey if I get the chance.
>>
>>32008828
Also Houston. First I've heard of this, but I listen to Michael Berry on my drive.
>>
> Waco
Forever alone... At least our club range it's ok and a guy I work with has room to shoot out to 800 yards on his little ranch...
>>
>>32008496
Elm Fork is one of the worst Dallas ranges for rifles. Only allows durr rifles that aren't Mosins or SKS's (banned by name) with scopes on the 100 yard range.
>>
>>32008347
East dallas will always be a weird place.i work at a gorcery store thats right dab in the middle of lower and high class neighborhoods.legitmately cant tell the differenc3 between a homeless man or a hipster when they walk in my store.
>>
>>32009151
Gibsons.tight rules thiugh no standing,no mag dumps,last time i went.
>>
t.pleasant grove anon reporting from the ghetto
>>
>>32008316
purple heart pawn and gun
>>
File: 1471299654633.jpg (43KB, 244x385px) Image search: [Google]
1471299654633.jpg
43KB, 244x385px
>Live in LA all my life
>only range for miles doesn't give two shits as long as you don't kill anyone
>Move to Dallas
>Rules up the asshole.
>Get scolded on the regular for shooting too fast.
>mfw I almost want to go back to LA
>Almost
>>
File: sks_elmfork.jpg (861KB, 3718x2092px) Image search: [Google]
sks_elmfork.jpg
861KB, 3718x2092px
>>32013073
>>32014056
Not trying to shill for Elm Fork, but some of this just isn't true, at least anymore.

Pic is my buddy shooting my SKS at Elm Fork. I've been there multiple times with my SKS, and when my brother first got his AK we took it there as well. They had no problem with either gun, and neither has a scope. Plenty of people with detachable mags as well with no problems. This was on the 50yd range. 100yd might be a different story. I do know that if you tell them your rifle isn't sighted in, they make you go to one of the shorter distances first.

I do agree they're super fudd and some of their rules are bullshit. One of their shotgun course rules always gives me a laugh though: "No riot guns allowed". I like to imagine some asshole showed up to shoot sporting clays with a saiga 12 or a pump action with a pistol grip and one of those chainsaw foregrips that goes over the top of the barrel, and they had to make that a rule.

The six seconds between shots on Quail Creek is either an huge exaggeration or you had already pissed off the RO for doing something stupid. We'll never know.
>>
>>32014056
seeing elm fork completely underwater last year was sweet justice
>>
>>32014056

No 7.62x39 on the 100y range at all. Unless it's out of an AR pattern rifle. Then it's accurate enough, according to the owners.
>>
File: 20160803_122107.jpg (4MB, 2121x2669px) Image search: [Google]
20160803_122107.jpg
4MB, 2121x2669px
>>32008237
Cen-Tex fag here (254), Welcome.
>>
>>32008237
Defender Outdoors Shooting Center was fucking awsome.
Friendly guys, cool shit, and i like how they have pistol displays so you can finger fuck however much you want to.

Shoot lab is cool, and full auto fridays are fun.

10/10. Good enough to get me to drive from Frisco.
>>
>>32009685
You mean you don't have one of the original Spanish land grants? Peasants.
>>
Welcome to the greatest state. I used to live in Keller but moved for school, I really do miss it there
>>
Tx fag here

Academy a decent place to check out Black Friday deals? If they are cheaper wouldn't mind stocking up on beginner shit to teach kids
>>
You gotta make friends with land anon. I know a damn good public range south of burleson, but I don't want everyone to know my secret. Parker county sportsman's club is all right but the club is a bunch of old geezers who hate holster work. I don't shoot at indoor ranges.
>>
File: IMG_3690.jpg (236KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3690.jpg
236KB, 1100x1100px
915 here

Don't come to West Texas. It sucks really hard over here.

According to every faggot here, theres no land to shoot on despite nobody having any proof of this claim or any laid out map of what land is or isn't ok to shoot on.
Trust me when I say I have looked for this info for weeks and came up empty handed.

In addition, nobody around here has enough respect for farmers and ranches to consider making this info easy to find.

Also every single gun shop here is garbage. The owners are really sleazy and like to dupe people into buying trash like Jimenez Arms and Taurus. They're also really unfriendly and expect you to pay more than full price for everything. Also their ranges are tiny and fucking blow.

And don't expect any groups or meetups; there are none. Anyone who says otherwise is a fucking liar or a casual "I brought my gun to this BBQ" shooter.
>>
>>32008237
If you want to go shotgun shooting, and aren't afraid of driving a bit, go to Fossil Pointe up in Decatur. It's got a really good sporting clay course, along with a couple of skeet fields.

Don't go to Elm Fork for shotguns. They're terribly overpriced, and really not worth it. Last I remember, they only have one trap house, and their skeet machines are never set up correctly. Really only good if you're taking a friend to go shooting for the first time.

If you're up to paying a membership fee, Fort Worth Trap and Skeet is pretty great. I personally don't have one, but I've shot there tons of times, and I would definitely recommend it.
>>
>>32017972
I actually own that type of cowboy hat
>>
I have 46 acres in sanger. I mainly do bolt action long range shooting though. My target is usually on my neighbors property. I just set up targets and he doesn't care.
>>
File: Texas Country Roads.jpg (396KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Texas Country Roads.jpg
396KB, 2048x1152px
>>32008237
Welcome to Texas! Hope you enjoy your time here.
I grew up in the DFW area; no longer there now.
I only went to two ranges consistently: Winchester in Arlington, and Alpine in Fort Worth.
It’s been like 6 years since I’ve gone, but I recommend Alpine. Google Maps says it’s about 25 minutes from the Zoo. Not too bad of a drive.
Alpine’s got history; my mom grew up going there with her father, and that’s where they kenneled their dogs when necessary.

http://www.alpinerange.com/index.html
>>
>>32008237
Welcome to Texas. Take some time to go sight seeing when you can. Texas is full of places to see and things to do. I'm from east texas and it's amazing over here. Well besides the humidity and mosquitos.
>>
>>32010848
sup league city? friendswood fag here
>>
>>32014713
I was saying they've both improved. I heard Elm Fork relaxed a little bit but they still have plenty of fudd customers so they don't really have to relax too much.

Quail creek used to seriously be 6 seconds and the whole time the RO was just walking around bitching at people for shooting to fast but they have also changed that. If you haven't been there in awhile I'm pretty sure they are way bigger and nicer than back in the day. This was probably like 5-6 years ago that I was getting bitched at for shooting to fast.
>>
>>32010195
Am I the only one from Abilene
>>
>>32009306
Probably live in one of those shitty duplexes by McCulloch
>>
>>32018623
I've gotta ranch near Abilene, down 84 towards Coleman.
>>
File: IMG_2084.gif (842KB, 920x777px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2084.gif
842KB, 920x777px
>>32018654
Can you let me hunt there please. Every one I've asked is fucking stuck up and won't let anyone near them without like $1000 deposit
>>
>>32014627
>Dallas
There's your problem. It's basically LA-lite, with a little less crime but much more pretentious assholes.
>>
>hey anon, can I (a total stranger) come and fire a deadly weapon on your private land? Promise I won't kill anyone or sue you if I get hurt.
Yeah, no. None of you are welcome.
>>
>>32018637
Probably (^:
>>
>>32018827
i thought austin was the primary source of liberal traitors?
>>
>>32008256
>>32008868

Displaced SA fag here. Out of state, don't worry it's gun friendly but god damn, do I miss the following

>Lulus
>Whataburger
>Taco Cabana
>Mexican food in general
>hot sauce hotter than "mild"
>Free Bird's
>Alamo Drafthouse
>Adelbridge, the best LGS in town
I still check their website, wtf is going on, are they sending their guns to ireland for photos or what?

>Nagel's to a lesser extent
>Bullet hole and all of their sarcastic, cynical RO's
>Flying Saucer
>The 14 guns in my safe that I moved to my parent's house when I moved because I have less space here

Had to pick only 4 of my favorites to bring.
>someday-SBR 7.5in AR pistol with Adams piston
>SR1911
>CZ SP01
>ppk in .22

My LC9s is here but it doesn't count because that's my CCW since Im in a reciprocity state.

>>32010869
San Antonio is objectively the best city in Texas. I ain't even mad that basically all the south culturally appropriates the Alamo, can't help it, I know, I understand, SA is just that great. Still complaining? Don't care, I can barely even hear you over the like 500 tiny cities that wanted to be San Antonio so badly that they are literally embedded inside of it. Can't hear you over the pub sounds of the Alamo Heights Lion and Rose, the one that still lets you smoke inside because it's its own municipality.
>>
>>32019826
Every major city in Texas is similar. Each has their own perks and stuff, but they do fit the whole "liberal hellhole" definition quite nicely.

But yeah, Austin is the literal worse. Never has there been a den of more scummy people who could care less about the culture or history of the state.
>>
>>32019795
The most obnoxious people in the bubble always live in the poorer parts of it. Hell, I bet you live on the other side of the tollway that doesn't get the Highland Park school system.
>>
>>32020567
No my parents are divorced, mother lives in a 4 bedroom home near preston and my dad lives literally on the corner at the back of the middle school.
I'm graduated now.
>>
>>32018827

> Any city
> more pretentious than LA
> Where resumes come with glamour shots

You are out of your rabid-ass mind.
>>
>>32008449
lol fellow UTA bro, major?

Any pawn shops you recommend?
>>
>>32008237
>>32008291
817 reporting in
>>
>>32008285
>>32008237
Denton-fag laughing at both of you.
>>
>>32020639
Huh, so I actually nailed the McCulloch comment. I don't actually care though, just joking around.
>>
>>32020768
m8 I was panicking for a second.
you could not have been more spot on, literally the closest possible house to the middle school.
We bought it in foreclosure at the bottom of 08, and it's tripled in price.
They actually aren't to bad if it's not a whole family living in it.
3 floors, 3 1/2 bedrooms, 1 master, 3 full baths... the works.
>>
Can we agree here that everyone in Texas hates South Lake Carroll
>>
>>32020868
Never been there famalam
>>
>>32020868
Everyone in Texas hates South Lake in general.
>>
>>32008331
Amen to that.
>>
>>32008237
Alpine shooting range. Max of 100 yards, but 12 dollars and you shoot all day.
>>
>>32008291
817 too. Mansfield calling in.
>>
>>32008382
Is there any chance we could merge the gun shows and the anime convention?

Maybe the car shows while we're at it?

I'd like to only go to one event for all my interests all year.
>>
>>32010869
Lol I went to wakeland high school in Frisco before going to military school. Now I'm in Colorado (shooting all over the outdoors here is the only plus) I miss whataburger. Also Frisco is like THE best suburb north of Dallas
>>
>>32020868
as i went to and played football against southlake carrolls rival Highschool i will always hate them
>>
>>32021029
>>>32010869 (You)
>Also Frisco is like THE best suburb north of Dallas
I went to Wakeland too! This man speaks the truth. Wakeland sucked though.
>>
>>32020868
Abilene here. They hate us because we stopped their football winning streak
>>
>>32020657
Environmetal Science and German double major. ES because I want to get paid to dick around in National Parks, German for scholarship money. I generally bounce through all the pawns on Cooper and check Texas Gun Trader occasionally.
>>
>>32020830
lol. I know my area well.
>>
File: Absolutely Haram.jpg (3KB, 125x110px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Haram.jpg
3KB, 125x110px
>>32020868
Keller fag here, South lake is the physical embodiment of that one ritzy kid everyone hated.
Its proximity to west lake doesn't help at all
>>
>>32022555
Graduating class?
>>
>>32009114
the $5 happy hour ends this thursday for holidays, it starts back up in like feb if I remember correctly
>>
>>32018623
Here in Abilene too, friend. Outdoor gun range over by Lake Fort Phantom Hill isn't too bad. Owner is a great guy if you make a good first impression on him. He's got a sweet armory he'll let you shoot.
>>
>>32018654
Isn't Coleman infested with hogs right now?
>>
File: Texas Open Carry.jpg (84KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Texas Open Carry.jpg
84KB, 800x533px
>>32008291
817 reporting in

>tfw you haven't shot a gun since Bush-2's first term

My fucking gunbuddy moved near Austin [spoiler]so he could work for a demolition testing facility[/spoiler] the lucky bastard.
>>
>>32024540

Go back to /r9k/ .
>>
>>32019940
>implying Dallas is in any way better than Austin

Old hippies and young hipsters were both open carrying last time I was down there (3 years ago)
>>
>>32013148
I FUCKING HATE EAGLE GUN
RANGE OFFICERS ARE SAFETY SALLIES I CAN'T EVEN DRY FIRE WITHOUT GETTING TALKED TO
>>
File: Nobody Messes With Texas.jpg (76KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Nobody Messes With Texas.jpg
76KB, 512x384px
>>32024559
How about ya'll kindly go fuck yourselves.
>>
File: DGC.gif (15KB, 900x896px) Image search: [Google]
DGC.gif
15KB, 900x896px
Ok you faggots I bet I can beat you

>Dallas Gun Club
I work at DGC and it is the best range there is for shotgun. 10 skeet fields, 2 traps, olympic trap, 2 five stands. Great range, but you have to be rich ($7000 initiation fee). The staff is very friendly and the club runs like clockwork. Never will we have a machine broken for more than 10 minutes before someone is dispatched to fix it or replace it.

>Elm Fork
I personally know the owner Scott Robertson and he is a good guy. They run the club well and it is clean and organized. Shotgun is great, but rifle and pistol are OK. They're a regular range, no FMJ, 1 second between shots, no holster, but I think the biggest thing is that there is no SKS or AK allowed at 100yard.

>Winchester Gallery
indoor range with air dirtier than a Mexican hooker. Cheap and fun to shoot, and they are lax about safety. Some bangers shoot there and it gets busy on the weekends, but you can usually find a lane. It's all handgun except for a small 25 yard rifle range of which there are 2 lanes

>Fort Worth Trap and Skeet
member's club, you need to be a member to shoot. It's a shotgun club and in the middle of nowhere

>Fossil Pointe in Decatur
Once again, out in the middle of nowhere but open to the public. Well-run and they have the best sporting clays I know. You can shoot long range rifle here

>Arlington Sportsman's Club in Mansfield
Member-run latchkey club in Mansfield. No safety sallies, and shooting is very cheap. Maybe $3 IIRC for skeet and trap. Pistol and rifle range, rifle out to 100

>ShootSmart near Alliance
Safety sally motherfuckers. I think SS wants to be more noob friendly but it shows. There are a lot of gun rentals (BFG .50 cal, .44mag, bullpups galore) but overall I wasn't pleased. Price is kind of steep

>Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville
The epitome of a bad range. It's clean and organized, but things are so uptight it's unfunny. Counter staff is said to be friendly on Yelp but maybe that was isolated

[cont]
>>
>>32024855
[Frisco Gun Club]
indoor upscale shooting range. I call it Frisco Fun Club because no ammo checks, you can run full-auto, suppressed, rapid fire, everything. No ROs breathing over your shoulder. They even have 100yard INDOOR rifle if you're a fat fudd and want to sight in your durr rifle in air-conditioned comfort instead of the Texas heat

>Quail Creek
never was a fan, and I live 10 minutes away. It's accessible as it's right off of I-35. A bit on the safety sally side and you can only collect the brass that you shoot. All targets are at fixed distances. It's just another range, nothing special

>Capitol City Trap and Skeet
shotgun range in Austin. Well-run but quite small. Approximately 20 minutes from downtown, Austin traffic permitting.
>>
IMO if you live anywhere in the DFW suburbs/midcities area here it is

>Pistol
Frisco Gun Club

>Rifle
I haven't found anywhere good so Elm Fork will do

>Shotgun
If you got the money, Dallas Gun Club. If not, Elm Fork

>All-rounder
Can't say, no range has everything (shotgun ranges) and a good combination of fun (FMJ, full-auto, suppressed, etc)
>>
>>32020868
I hate Southlake in general
they think they're new-money rich but in reality they're just another white middle class suburb
>>
>>32018654
Can I hunt with you buddy?
>>
>>32008291
817 as well, stopped by lgs after work and helped re weld some dp28 receivers back together
>>
>>32014713
>>32018606
Really? Elm Fork being a public range I think there are a lot of noobs and first timers that get brought along
>>
>>32009114
dont forget that new range going up in north richland hills i hope the stick to the plan and have indoor 100yrd rifle ranges
>>
>>32025031
Frisco Gun Club has 100yd indoor rifle
http://www.friscogunclub.com/range-pricing/

$35/hour though
>>
>>32008285
Fort Worth is full of niggers too. Based hill country Texas reporting in.

Also, you fucking San Antonio fags stay out all you do is come up here and leave fucking beer cans everywhere.
>>
>>32023159
grew up in keller , can conferm
>>
File: franklinbbq.jpg (189KB, 1021x680px) Image search: [Google]
franklinbbq.jpg
189KB, 1021x680px
Now a better question:

Who has the best barbecue in Texas?
>>
>>32025050
yea but thatd be closer for me if they actually build it
>>
>>32019916
>Adelbridge, the best LGS in town

This is true. The owner is pretty fucking cool....and he has cats on the inside.

>Alamo Heights Lion and Rose, the one that still lets you smoke inside because it's its own municipality.

To be fair, last I checked, all the bars located in Balcones Heights do the same as well.
>>
>>32024921
Frisco gun club is pretty shit. It's beautiful and modern but their rates are high as fuuuuuuck.
>>
>>32024413
How much is it. Btw you a college student or graduate
>>
>>32025051
Dawwwwwwwwwwwwwww is someone upset that tubers like their rivers?
>>
>>32025051
I want to move to hill country so bad. It's the quintessential texas. I'm in frisco right now.
>>
>>32023427
>>
>>32025302
If you've never been to Fredricksberg, take a trip there some time. There's 5 WW2 museums and a shit ton of local wine vineyards in the area too, if you're into that sort of thing.
>>
>>32025280
>prices are high
>paying for fun and a clean nice indoor range
What are you, poor?
>>
>>32025326
>>32025302
Don't forget
the german food

oh yes the german food and the beer
>>
>>32016357
Oh shit! Tarleton?
>>
>>32025333
No. I just don't like paying for unnecessary amenities.
>>
>>32025345
Auslander.....I fucking love that place.
>>
>>32025050
>>32024953
>Frisco Gun Club rifle range
Huh, never knew they had a specific range for rifles.
I usually only shoot pistol, but last time I took out my rifle, I just shot on their normal range. Did they change that?
>>
>>32025368
It's on the other side of the building but yes, there is a 100yd indoor rifle range

you can still shoot rifle on the normal range but you obviously can't shoot benchrest because there are no chairs

I've dumped plenty of AR bumpfire at frisco, good times
>>
>>32025368
Yeah I've always wondered if I'm able to just use the handgun range cause it's cheaper.
>>
>>32025395
you can
>>
>>32008237
I live just south of you in Alvarado. Target Time in Rendon is good. Theres a gun shop in Burleson almost to Joshua that has a good handgun range. Apline in Everman is the best around for shotguns and rifles.
Im lucky and can shoot on my land.
>>
>>32008291
817 as well. I own a 100 acres of land in Alavarado. Perfect meet up spot
>>
biggest oil field in the USA just discovered in west Texas.

>President Trump, please stop, i'm already tired of winning.
>>
>>32025449
Make it happen
>>
Another recent semi-new transplant to Texas here. I'm in Dallas. Is Elm Fork my only real option for a "decent" rife range? 90% of my rifle ammo is surplus/steel cased FMJ and I'm poor as shit so fuck buying brass case for pinking and double fuck shelling out for HPs to shoot at fucking paper.

I can understand no FMJ at indoor ranges, or if there are steel targets or some sort of damageable backstop, but all the places I'm seeing are paper targets only with dirt berms. Is there anyone with some private land around here?
>>
>>32025391
Thank god, screw paying $35 to shoot rifles.
>bumpfire
kek, do they not care about the no rapid fire rule?
>>
>>32025579
sounds like full auto to me
I still don't get how full auto is allowed
but rapid fire isn't
>>
>>32023159
They have fantastic cocaine though. Or at least they did when I was in high school.
>>
>>32025515
Ill make a thread some day
>>
>>32021006
Two years ago the anime convention and large annual gun show fell on the same weekend and were across the street from each other downtown. It was really funny seeing a bunch of furies and cos-players perusing up and down the aisles of the show after leaving the convention.
>>
File: 1449724453532.gif (860KB, 600x313px) Image search: [Google]
1449724453532.gif
860KB, 600x313px
>>32025655
>mfw imagining some guy in Naruto cosplay buying a mosin from a very confused vendor.

Wish I had been there
>>
>>32020868
I work around there as a wage slave.
I can just feel the smugness in the air sometimes
>>
Any former Michiganfags here? Thinking about moving when I graduate college.
>>
File: southlake.jpg (34KB, 302x399px) Image search: [Google]
southlake.jpg
34KB, 302x399px
>>32025704
>They’re good at everything in Southlake. If you’ve never been, there’s something a little Pleasantville about it. The streets are cleaner than your streets, the downtown more vibrant, the students more courteous, their parents more prosperous. Everyone is beautiful in Southlake. Everyone smiles in Southlake. Everyone is a Dragon in Southlake. This last fact, especially, is central to understanding the city. The kids and their mothers coming out of Central Market. The retired men who eat barbecue at the Feed Store. The white collar professionals strolling through the shops of Southlake’s Town Square. They are all Dragons.
>>
>>32025727
I ain't lived in Michigan for a decade, but I guess.
Biggest things that stick out to me is that the trees are smaller and there's no decent lakes in the entire damn state. Still prefer Texas, though.
>>
>>32025773
How are the summers compared to MI
>>
hello tx fags where is the best /k/ city to move to in your state? me and my gf have texas in our sights. we both vote red and both shoot.
>>
>>32025746
Abilene fag here. I remember when they lost to Abilene High. I heard y'all had quite the party after it
>>
>>32025811
Suburb south of DFW
>>
>>32025298
Tube all you want but the shores are covered in trash after you cactus face fucks come in and treat it like Mexico.

I know a peasant such as yourself can't comprehend taking care of your community.
>>
>>32025801
Hotter, not as humid. It gets to the point where putting your car windows down while driving on the highways makes the car hotter. Opening the door is like standing in front of an oven on the worst days. Most folks make due by going from air conditioned place to air conditioned place from June to September. If you wanna spend an afternoon outside in the hot times with no AC, you must have a shady area to rest and a bunch of water- that's non-negotiable.
It's to the point that certain car's dashboards will split if left in direct sunlight. That's an expensive fix.
I took to the summers pretty well. I prefer sweating it out to shoveling snow November-March. I seem to tolerate it better than most folk around here, though- I'll think nothing of spending a day out in 100+ degree heat at the range.
>>
>>32025894

This. I'm originally from Maryland and Texas summer is great compared to the humid sticky mess I grew up with. The heat is easy to bare with the low humidity.
>>
>>32024921
>Cap City Trap and Skeet
>closest shotgun range to me by a long shot
>no riot guns lol
My 870 Police Magnum has been in the safe for 3 years and has yet to be fed a single shell because of this shit.
>>
File: a7b.png (295KB, 986x1356px) Image search: [Google]
a7b.png
295KB, 986x1356px
>>32025773
>Dirty lake-tier peasants
>Not glorious beach master race.

You poor, poor soul.
>>
>>32025850
suburb north of DFW
Frisco
Flower Mound
Carrolton
>>
>>32025746
>Why you should hate Highland park
>>
>>32026020
get a longer barrel dingus
>>
File: Lake-Michigan-2.jpg (182KB, 1680x574px) Image search: [Google]
Lake-Michigan-2.jpg
182KB, 1680x574px
>>32026025
Ocean < Lakes 2bh
it's great up north because there are actual lakes everywhere- not the cattle ponds and drainage ditches that get called lakes down here. They have natural ecosystems with fish and everything, and don't require constant Corps of Engineers attention to continue existing, like Lake Worth and the other ones near me.
Plus the Great Lakes are pretty much inland oceans.
it's one of the few things I'd change about Texas. The ocean could be cool but all of Texas' shoreline smells like garbage for some reason. Probably because it's covered in trash and oil. Looking at you, Galveston.
>>
>>32026080
I second this. Anywhere in Colin county
>>
Pasadena, reporting in.
>>
>>32025811
Collin County, Carrolton, and the Colony area is all really nice however if you go too far north it becomes pretty empty.
>>
>>32026080
Fuck that shit, too much traffic
Burleson, Rendon, Some parts of mansfield. Midlothian, Waxahachie, Red Oak
>>
>>32026510
well depends buddy if you want to live in the country and/or white trash areas of DFW vs middle class suburbs
>>
>>32009387
tfw used to work at the Arms Room
>>
File: 1464680738115.gif (795KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1464680738115.gif
795KB, 500x281px
>>32020647
>Lived in LA County before Austin
>I did have a few headshots done for work back in SoCal.
>Almost turned one in when I applied for work in Texas.

It seemed normal at the time...
>>
>>32025449
I'd be willing to pay cash if you let me shoot my nugget and sks there.
>>
>>32009685
>tfw go to an outdoor gun club with my father that used to be out in the country
>tfw now it's surrounded by fucking suburbs

>still shoot, don't give a fuck, sometimes we'll fire off a whole mess of shotguns all at once just to piss them off

>they try to fuck with us, fuck off, we got sovereign rights

GOD I FUCKING LOVE FREEDOM

Just drive out into the country and shoot, that's what we used to do beforehand
>>
>>32019916
I can't even imagine not going to Taco Cabana after a night of drinking and fucking around with friends

Or not being able to go to Whataburger after an especially late night of heavy drinking (24/7 ftw)

I will drink an extra one for you, pal. May your road lead you back to this town, preferably after Trump deports all the illegals (my dick grows ten times its normal size at the thought of it)
>>
>>32019916
>no taco bueno
Come on man
>>
>>32008237
I just go to my body's ranch out in Palo pinto.
>>
>>32017972
I go out on Montana passed redsands, there's a big rock formation that looks like a huge wall, usually shoot there. The gun store near bassett, not the one with crosses and all that, is pretty okay. The big dude there is cool.
>>
>>32014627
The problem started when ya went to Dallas
>>
File: download_20161105_184029.jpg (448KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
download_20161105_184029.jpg
448KB, 2048x1536px
>>32008237

> live in deepest of Deep East Texas
> behind the pine curtain 15 miles from Loserana
> in the middle of the Sabine National Forest
> go shooting, hunting, whatever innawoods right off my front porch
> give zero fucks about range rules

Life is good.
>>
>>32029361
Immigrants though
>>
>>32025084
SA fag here, if ya in the city there's this great BBQ place on tg3 south side near the missions.
>>
File: 1478721767385.png (62KB, 337x391px) Image search: [Google]
1478721767385.png
62KB, 337x391px
who /galveston/ here
>>
>>32026822
>Austin
Glad I moved away after UT grad. That city is gonna be a white California ghetto in a decade
>>
File: 1472532994671.jpg (71KB, 632x516px) Image search: [Google]
1472532994671.jpg
71KB, 632x516px
>>32025449
O shit, count me in for 817 meet
>>
Lone Star guns is a decent indoor range in weatherford and Texas Tactical is a cool little outdoor range ran by a Buck Yaeger lookalike sorta by weatherford. Tac Pro is the best, but it's a bit of a drive from Fort Worth.

>>32013488
+1

>>32021072
>>32021335
Everybody hated my school because we won state almost every year in more than one sport...
>>
>>32025618
You better
>>
>>32008237
Just wanted to add that the best thing about ShootSmart is that you can pay one fee for unlimited swaps on rentals, it's like 15 bucks for the limited fleet and 20 bucks for their entire collection. Also their range fees, while higher, are not by the hour. I've been a lot because it's right by my house and I bought a membership the first year I owned a gun so I could practice a lot. Their courses are pretty fun too, used to have a former Marine lead trainer but I think he left.
>>
>>32008237
Op >>32008496
This anon is spot on but I will add

1. American outdoor shooting center, they are badass because it's an indoor range that uses a movie screen for a target. They project multiple different scenarios for you to practice shooting moving targets.

2. Tacpro. A bit of a drive but totally worth it. They have multiple ranges from 100 to 1000 yards. Not to crowded either.

3. Defender outdoor. They have full auto fridays where its 10 bucks a mag to shoot a variety of select fire guns.
>>
>>32030301
Fuck you SLC, you and Mansfield kept my HS swim team relay out of state. 2015 never forget.
>>
File: IMG_2410.jpg (58KB, 883x929px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2410.jpg
58KB, 883x929px
>>32030301
Nobody likes you South Lake
>>
File: 20151019_204308.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151019_204308.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>32026705

Really? Went shooting there yesterdah

>>32010848
>>32018175

Where do yall shoot?
>>
File: 20150926_154302.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20150926_154302.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>32029411

Here, just on the mainland though in the Dickinson/League City area
>>
File: IMG_2376.jpg (213KB, 1024x1373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2376.jpg
213KB, 1024x1373px
Texas anime is better
>>
Plano here. I shoot in Garland at Targetmaster because their place is okay and I have a gold membership. I'm going to try to hit up Garland Public Shooting Range this weekend, but I heard from a coworker it can get pretty busy.

>>32033062
Funimation is in Flower Mound, so Texas helps to make anime a reality for English speakers every single day.
>>
>>32009306
Oak Cliff here
*mows your lawn*
>>
>>32033062
Isn't that from RWBY
>>
>>32031283
>>32031598
No you misunderstand, I hate south lake too. I'm from Aledo.
>>
Anybody got anything for sale in DFW area, preferably closer to Ft Worth?
>>
>>32020868
I always hate driving through South Lake because the cops are always looking to pull you over for going 4 over the limit. Fuck that place. North Lake > South Lake.
>>
>>32010869
There's a few places here in frisco, some indoor shooting ranges in plano. To many people moving here..
>>
File: Scott_R_.jpg (40KB, 320x600px) Image search: [Google]
Scott_R_.jpg
40KB, 320x600px
>>32024855
>>Elm Fork
>I personally know the owner Scott Robertson and he is a good guy.

This Scott that used to shoot for Beretta? I used to maintain his dirtbike in the late 90's when I lived in Denton. Tell him John the old parts manager from the honda shop says hi.
>>
>>32013827
Just moved to austin but I still get the show in my truck. Founding member of the RCC.
>>
>>32026895
I shoot my nugget and sks there, so if I ever host a meet up, for sure
>>
In case yous guys didn't know.. www.texasguntrader.com
>>
>>32008237
Denton county reporting in
Try quail creek for short term and try to get on NTSA's waiting list, their range is bliss
>>
>>32013066
NTSA has 2k, but it is a royal bitch to join the club. The only way I'm in is through a family membership that my dad got when they were small
>>
File: IMG_1966.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1966.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>32008237
Magnum Sports (mom and pop farm) is legit up in Sanger. 15$ last time I was there.
>>
>tfw houston fag
feels good
also,
Hot wells > american shooting center
>>
>>32025084
Hard 8 for local, drive to lockheart for best in world
>>
>>32034842
I'll check them out. Thanks hoss.
>>
http://www.shootntsa.com
all these poorfags
>>
>>32034946
God hard 8 is so good. I wish I lived closer to one of them.
>>
>>32031659
I just go to The Arms Room off I-45, but I've heard good things about Best Shot and Bailey's House of Guns in Pearland.

I just moved here, so I have no fucking clue.
>>
>>32020705
Enjoy your streets from 1970
>>
File: 5sbcjegEv1rk4kk5o5_500.jpg (28KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
5sbcjegEv1rk4kk5o5_500.jpg
28KB, 460x276px
>>32034876
Northwest Houston here, have yet to go to Hot Wells. It looks ramshackle, is it good? On the bright side we do have Collectors Firearms, any other good fun stores you can recommend?
>>
>>32035258
I mostly like it cause it's an outdoor range, so they won't bitch about steel jacketed ammo.
They also put the targets up for you...but getting your own put up you feel like a jackass since usually you pay them $1 to put up one of theirs if you want a new one. If you want to use your own shit, best to go to ASC I guess.
>tfw I remember leaving hot wells and seeing a fucking 5 feet snake just slithering across the road

Can't recommend any stores, sadly. I just order shit online or in person from texasguntrader.
>tfw I live off of I-10, not even a northwest fag.
>>
>>32034333
The fucking Bullet Trap is the only indoor range in Plano. And it sucks.
>>
>>32035297
Are you a raging fuckwit? I need more people to shoot with.
>>
>>32035258
ASC has rifle lanes out to 600 yards. Stay away from the 100 yard lanes and it's a lot more fun.
Full Armor rents and allows full auto, or as fast as you can pull the trigger.
>>
>>32035370
You have to qualify for the higher range ones, I heard. With both suitable equipment and groupings on the shorter ranges.
>>
>>32025084
I've always been partial to the Austin/Round Rock franchise of Rudy's. About the best brisket for the price and hassle. Not the best you can get period, but better than 90% of the stuff out there.

But I live in Houston now, and pickings are slim here. Best place I've been to is Houston BBQ Company over in the Energy Corridor.
>>
>>32033062
Hey, I know those fags. RT is alright, though they're a bunch of flaming liberals.

Except Joel. He's awesome.
>>
>>32034876
Yeah, but I live 10 minutes away from ASC and about an hour away from Hot Wells. Plus I want to put up my own damn targets.
>>
>>32035370
Boyert also rents/allows full auto. Indoor range, but real classy and not a bad price for what you're getting. They don't even overcharge too much for ammo.
>>
>>32035395
you can shoot the 200 and 300 without qualifying.

200 and 300 are much nicer than the crowded 100 yard range.
>>
File: 1469157629955.jpg (9KB, 261x262px) Image search: [Google]
1469157629955.jpg
9KB, 261x262px
>>32035531
Yeah, probably true. I will say you do see some great stuff at ASC. Some good ol' boy let me shoot his DEagle, didn't know him at all, just inquired if it was a Deagle, he said "Yes it is, wanna shoot it?" Fucking right I did.
>>
File: 1478410064509.jpg (19KB, 320x292px) Image search: [Google]
1478410064509.jpg
19KB, 320x292px
Do people really unironically wear cowboy hats in Texas? Not trying to make fun, just asking because I really want to unironically wear one in real life without being called a fag.
>>
>>32035578
Me too.
>>
>>32034848
don't tell folks on the internet about muh peaceful spot
>>
>>32035578
Sometimes for events, not uncommon if you're in East Texas.
>>
>>32035578
yes
in the city it'd be a little strange, but if you can pull it off it's fine. In the country it's normal
You must have a nice set of jeans, boots and a snap up shirt with it to complete the ensemble. Can of dip optional.
>>
File: Bravest fighter ever.jpg (43KB, 383x413px) Image search: [Google]
Bravest fighter ever.jpg
43KB, 383x413px
>>32035578
>>32035587
>>32035609
>>32035626
Honestly I think you gotta earn a cowboy hat or else you just look like a faggot
>>
>>32035578
I've only ever seen it in Ft Worth and Waco.
>>
File: 1479120684100.gif (1MB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
1479120684100.gif
1MB, 400x280px
>>32025801
Hahahahaha. Should we tell him?

Enjoy temperature signs outdoors reading 120 degrees in Dallas-Ft Worth. And it's not a dry heat, either. Winter is a LOT milder though. Snow is rare.

Despite the heat, it's WAY better than Michigan. I never looked back after leaving.

I grew up in MI, spent 2 years in DFW, 5 years NYC, currently in FL but looking to move back to DFW next year, buy some land, build that private military compound I've been saving up for. Maybe dig a few vietcong tunnels while I'm at it, see if I can meet up with the Moleman.
>>
>>32035578
I don't.
But I sure as shit wear my lizard skin lucchese's.
>>
>>32035578
Wore mine at all my FFA events. Other than that I don't really wear it
>>
File: Ramsay_and_yara.jpg (138KB, 1178x896px) Image search: [Google]
Ramsay_and_yara.jpg
138KB, 1178x896px
>>32008237

> live in the deepest of Deep East Texas
> 15 miles from the Loserana border
> in the middle of the Sabine National Forest
> I can walk down my driveway and shoot squirrels
> I can ride a bicycle out and shoot innawoods
> mfw I read all you city folks bitch about dickhead range rules
>>
>>32035578
I wear them all the time in the heat, the lighter ones for working in the sun, you have to.
>>
>>32009685
the fuck you talking about?

>Bullet Hole is the best, near Potranco and 1604
>Nardis is best indoors
>Bracken out near Rolling Oaks Mall
>Bass Pro has an indoor range
>Texas Thunder on Bandera
>>
>>32025290
Annual membership is like 20$ a month.
I'm back in college just to wrap up my associates so I can get my LP.
>>
>>32035926
ACU, HSU, or Mcmurry
>>
>>32035578
Yes. Boots + jeans + cowboy hat is my everyday attire when I'm not at work. It's a lot more common outside of the cities.
>>
File: IMG_2399.gif (506KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2399.gif
506KB, 500x375px
Bump
>>
>>32025459
So will the oil being found lead to anything or will it stay as reserves?

Thinking of carpet bagging given things are looking to get worse with my state actively resisting the next administration and causing problems.
>>
>>32008237
if you are moving to texas know these small rules and you should be fine

1st, you say y'all not you all, if you say you all you will be shot due to suspicion of being a mexican

2nd, you can joke about anything except the bible, if you do you will be shot due to suspicion of being a communist atheist

3rd, never root for the longhorns, always be an aggies fan or you will be shot due to suspicion of being a Mexican

4th, never under any circumstances go into a trailer park uninvited, if you do you will be shot due to fear of being Mexican
5th and finally, report any mexicans and communist atheists to your local sherif.

If you want to know how to spot a communist, watch the 1950s mini movie of the same name. Welcome partner
>>
>>32036203
Just get a hat that doesn't suck and a decent coat to go with it. Cowboys traditionally have trail boy toys anyways, so being called a fag isn't far off the mark.
>>
WHO LAPORTE HERE
>>
>>32037630
neck yourself

or stop telling people what to do if you supposedly support liberty
can confirm that trailer park people are suspicious as hell of newcomers though.
>>
>>32037789
I was joking, don't grab your internet double barrel shotgun and shoot me just yet
>>
>>32037630
>being a Faggie
>>
File: 1458166425045.png (2MB, 939x947px) Image search: [Google]
1458166425045.png
2MB, 939x947px
>>32037789
Spotted the atheist Mexican
>>
>>32024855
>Eagle Gun Range
>Bad
I never had a problem there. I went with a coworker and they got pissy that he had a bottle of grease out to lube up one of his pistols, and he kept cussing which they obviously didn't like, but otherwise they seemed fine. Cost was ok too, and it was super clean with chairs and rifle rests set out for you to use if you wanted.

>Frisco Gun Club
Lots of cool shit to shoot, nice rules, but last time I went they wanted to charge $60 for a lane for just myself. If I didn't have LEO friends to get me a huge discount I never would have gone.

>DFW Gun
Surprised, no one has mentioned DFW Gun yet. No FMJ rules, lots of nice rentals, no nfa rules either. Short, and usually pretty busy, but they've become my go-to rifle range.

>The Bullet Trap
Plano, I've never seen the ventilation system working in there, so its dirty as fuck and hazy from all the smoke. The guys behind the counter are idiots who dont understand the laws of the shit they sell, and fearmonger old fudds into buying expensive equipment with the "obama wants to ban this" line.

>Red River Firearms East
In Sherman, which is probably a bit of a drive for you DFW fags. Nice Staff, often has a draft that blows targets around down-range which is a bit annoying, but they have cardboard for that I guess. Pistol calibers only though, and no Tokarev or 5.7

Their rifle counterpart, Red River West, in Gainsville is a fudd nightmare though. No "russian" guns, "american ammo" only (they list the allowed brands (Remmington, Winchester, Federal, Lawman, Hornady, and Black Hills), copper jacket only, and they inspect all of your ammo to make sure it fits their rules. Also, you cant have any mags pre-loaded, and you have to load on the line so everyone takes forever. Only went once, will never go again.
>>
The secret to shooting in Texas is owning rural land about an hour and a half outside your city, and shooting there.
>>
Any fellow san antonio bros that can point me in the direction of a good place to buy some good c&r milsurp? Mainly ww2 and russian stuff. I don't have to wait for a gun show, do I?

I've tried online but it seems like everything is retardedly overpriced in online stores.

Alternatively if there happens to be anyone near san antonio looking to sell anything ww2 era or old russian stuff maybe we could deal a little?
>>
>>32034946
I supremely second this. Hard-8, Lockhart, Louie Mueller BBQ in Taylor, and Burnett Feed Store.
>>
>>32037630
Never left Nacogdoches, have you?
>>
File: mah-nigga.jpg (31KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
mah-nigga.jpg
31KB, 600x468px
>>32035696
>>
>>32008331
If you aren't in White Settlement, you're a nigger.
>>
>>32025349
Hey anon. I'm not the guy you responded to about Tarleton, but I did go there and graduate in 2012.
>>
>>32025349
Tarleton reporting in. Graduated 2014.
>>
>>32037630
Ouch you had me till number three. What kind of traitor roots for the aggies?
>>
>>32037789
A tip of the fedora to you, my friend.
>>
>>32039555
Tell me again about your wife's son
>>
>>32039645
Kek
>>
>>32039555
T sip cuck detected
>>
Recent development, constitutional carry bill has been pre filed in the Texas house as H.B 375

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=85R&Bill=HB375

Now is the time to find and write your local representatives to support and vote for constitutional carry. You can find your representatives in your district using this tool.

http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/Zip.aspx

We can do this people! We forced a bill of licensed open to pass as a piecemeal attempt to appease the huge grassroots support constitutional carry had amassed statewide. We can make unlicensed carry a reality if we stick to our guns on this.
>>
>>32039880
Bretty good
>>
>>32037630
Lived here for 10 years, still don't say yall.
Never see any trailer parks here.
>>
File: IMG_2420.gif (3MB, 477x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2420.gif
3MB, 477x344px
>>32037630
Texas tech is better
>>
>>32010848
Eyy leage city here too. Yall know any good local ranges/ shops. The only one im familiar with is the arms room on 45 at 646 exit.
>>
>>32039811
>>32039645
>>32037630

>tfw got accepted to A&M, went to visit three times and decided to pick Houston over it
>went back there last semester to visit breweries
>reinforces my decision not to go there

College Station is a horrible place, not that Austin is much better but it least it has things that are interesting
>>
File: 20160715_170554.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160715_170554.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>32035578

I rock mine when I go inland from the coast, zero fucks given
>>
>>32040060

As stated earlier in the thread: there's Best Shot, Arms Room, Clear Creek gun range, Marksman Indoor, and Texas City municipal gun range
>>
>>32010869
I thought that was Austin.
>>
>>32025084
Kruze's Meat Market, or Rudy's.
>>
File: IMG_2183.gif (2MB, 696x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2183.gif
2MB, 696x478px
>>32025084
Harold's BBQ in Abilene. It's no longer open and he died
>>
>>32040448
Both are. Throw houston in there just to be safe.
>>
>>32040608
Cities are just a cancer in general.
It's not good for folks to live that close together.
>>
who /PASADENA/ here
Is there any good gun or surplus stores round here? Every one I've gone to was pretty garbage
>>
>>32034946
thirded, hard 8 is good but either Franklin bbq or lockhart is king
>>
>>32034527
the same legend. I'll tell him if I see him
>>
>>32035626
this
either do the hat and the whole getup, or wear it and look like a mexican

better yet don't wear it at all if you're going to look bad
>>
File: utaustin.png (61KB, 550x210px) Image search: [Google]
utaustin.png
61KB, 550x210px
>>32037630
UT here, hookem
also, fuck librulz
>>
>>32040178
lookin good buddy
>>
>>32008237
Hey pete
>>
>>32041594
What's up, Greg?
>>
>>32041535

>University of Texas at autism
>>
830 here looking for fellow kommandos
>>
>>32025459
It wasn't just discovered, the Geological Society just published a study certifying it was the largest.

We've been working in Wolfcamp for years now.
>>
>>32040477
But only the Austin/Round Rock Rudy's. If they have Sissy Sauce, they're not worth your time.
>>
>>32040129
At least Texas is a good school, uh is sjw libcuck central with extra dose of niggers
>>
>>32041535
Heyyy what major?
>>
>>32041781
Naw bruh, wrong pete i guess
>>
>>32023159
Kellerfag, confirming
>>
>>32025084
I don't visit places for barbecue often, but shady oaks is pretty good
>>
>>32035578
On hot days it's perfect, but in city areas you'll look out of place.
>>
>>32008256
likes anime, says dont vote blue

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.