[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHTF Local Map

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: Marshall City Map.jpg (214KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Marshall City Map.jpg
214KB, 1000x500px
So /k/, what features or locations in an urban area deserve to be noted on a local map for SHTF supply runs?

I'm assembling a map to print and post in my room for lels and maybe SHTF usefulness that's 5x5 miles (urbanfag) and I've decided to mark the following locations, but I'm interested in other areas you might think might be useful.

>Home (obviously)
>Dead Drop(s) (contents list)
>Grocery stores (food + water)
>Convenience stores (food + water + alcohol)
>Restaurants (food, mostly perishable)
>Sporting goods stores (weapons/armor)
>Hardware stores (diy equipment)
>Bars (alcohol + food)

Also, has anyone here done something similar? Post pics if so.
>>
Warehouses and factories also. Learn which ones are near you and what the y make there.
The stores are good to know but will be the first place everyone runs. Go to the distubusion hub for your local place and there will be massive amounts more and less people rushing it.
Be prepared to fight/barter with the workers over it though.
>>
>>32007526
good idea, how can I Identify the distribution center?
>>
>>32007490

This is retarded. Trump is president. There is no shtf scenario coming soon
>>
>>32007490
thanks now we know where you live and where you are stashing all the shit we will steal when SHTF
>>
>>32007602
If you can find a way to visit Trumbull Valley, feel free to stop by Anon!
>>
>>32007615
great I will bring a potato salad!
>>
>>32007572
Might seem that way, but the widespread riots that have been going on for days, the general ineptitude of FEMA in responding to natural disasters, among other things make it hard for cautious people to rest easily.
>>
>>32007632
buddy the only people at those riots are NEETs and liberal arts college students, the people that make the country run are still waking up in the morning and going to work
>>
unless it is a full invasion or a super fact acting death plague then there isnt going to be shit to loot after about 2 hours and the city is going to be a chaotic mess of degenerate lunatics.

society would break down so quick and people would become animals within a day. i wouldnt trust a 5 month old baby during SHTF.

youre only survival is in a shelter or innawoods

the only looting you will be doing is if everyone dies pretty quick and you survive or are immune. the only lootable locations will be warehouses and shit that may have gotten missed, survival shelters, and re-looting shit that other people already stole and wiped their asses all over
>>
>>32007630
I think you will be the salad...
>>
>>32007490
You should mark pharmacies, veterinarian offices, etc. for medicine on your map. Also, if you want to be ready for SHTF, you should prepare now and stockpile what you think you might need so that you don't have to make a supply run when S is HTF.
>>
Mark wifi hotspots so you can keep us updated
>>
>>32007490

Mark down any thing that you yourself find important.

I like to carry a small note pad with my map. That will have GPS cords, as well as just general directions to shit too. That way I can keep map clear of junk, have shit to look up if needed.
>>
>>32007490
>Not bugging in immediately

Nigga what are you doing? Are you trying to get killed by roving gangs of melanin magicians
>>
>>32007919
Supreme Kek
>>
>>32008060
>Not being the anti mage.
You loot we shoot.

>>32007716
White enough neighborhood, your point does not stand.
>>
>>32008080
Whites loot.

Or Floridian whites loot, at least.
>>
>>32008060
I figure anon means that these are areas he will get to after the basketball americans have killed eachother to scavenge what's left.
>>
>>32008080
when services are cut off, no power, no medical, no cops, food and water start running out, if you think you can trust any human of any race to not take your shit, your gonna get your shit took.
>>
>>32007559
Big warehouse with lots of truck bays
>>
>>32007490
> Posting your plans on the internet where the lizard people are watching.
>>
>>32008060
melanin magicican here. WE welcome all people who wish to nig and nog with us.. Just wear and red or blue shirt 50/50 chance of being accepted or shot at..
>>
>>32007490
>>32007843
Building off what he said, pharmacies will be looted pretty much immediately. Avoid chain pharmacies (cvs, Walgreens, Walmart) they keep their controlled substances USUALLY locked away (CVS C2 safe survived the Baltimore riots unharmed and unopened but not due to lack of effort, the are bolted into the foundation and extremely hard to open). Independent pharmacies are your best bet at having their controls dispersed across their stock. Opioids will definitely be major bartering tools when SHTF. I suggest brushing up on antibiotics, penicillin doesn't treat half the shit a lay person expects it to. Most things on the shelf are for "invisible" diseases and therapeutic duplications of other things there. Forget the epi-pens as they expire quickly as do insulins. Take expiration dates with a grain of salt with most pills as the max the FDA allows is 3 year shelf life (unopened) but that doesn't mean the medication is any more/less effective. I would hold hard on the expiration dates for the antibiotics, any potency difference can really fuck with the effectivness of them.

1)antibiotics/asthma(because there is always SOMEONE who forgot their inhaler)/NSAIDS/medical supplies
2)opiates/amphetamines/sedatives for bartering
3) a la carte drugs for diseases (diabetes/hypertension/heart failure)
>>
>>32007490
Just download satellite pics. Then download streetmap of the exact same areas at the exact same scale. That's your baseline.

All of that other stuff you're planning on notating will be useless within 3 days if you do experience a long term shtf event.

Having a set of pre-event maps and pics will allow you to identify travel corridors, population centers, and high-hazard areas. That's the kind of stuff you'll want to keep track of.

Annotate areas with info like pop density per square 1/4 mile, annual reported crimes, median income, and racial makeup. Also note industrial/commercial sites that may become a hazmat release risk, and the most likely size of the release.

It also wouldn't hurt to invest in one of the pricier drones, like the news stations are starting to get. With that, you can compare before-and-after overheads of an area to get a real good idea of what's been going on.
>>
>>32009166
they ten to be 30-60 minute drives from major cities.

In LA they're 60min + away.
>>
>>32008097
this is true
source: i am a white floridian
>>
>>32007490
Police stations
Fire stations
EMS stations

Electrical companies (building materials,tools, gas)
Rail roads (UHF radio systems, tools, building materials)
>>
>>32007490
like others pointed out, stocking up on supplies to the point where you don't need to go looting is probably your best bet. For at least a katrina level happening and below it really isn't all that difficult to achieve a level of preparedness that can make life much easier. Additionally looting is likely to get you trampled or shot and if not you still may come up empty handed. just get some
>canned food for a few weeks
>water for few weeks
>generator and a few cans of gas
>gun and ammo just in case
>misc shit like flashlights, batteries, crank radio, propane, etc
>car to pack up all your shit in and gtfo before shtf in the first place

The map idea is a cool one though
>police, fire, ems stations
>hospitals

if you laminate it and have dry erase markers on hand you can mark up and annotate the map as important shit changes, as it likely will in a shtf scenario (roads closed, flooded areas, FEMA camps, NG camps, etc)
>>
>>32007559
Tractor trailers with "reefer" trailers. Warehouse with multiple big ass A/C units on the roofs. Trucks/Trailers that say "food service" on the side.

butcher shops
gas stations and types of fuel stocked
fabrication/tool/part stores
school bus compounds
schools
hospitals/urgent cares
pharmacys
police/fire department headquarters
business on alternative energy platforms
national guard/DOD bases and contractors
natural springs/ponds/creeks

Depending on what you're anticipating, I'd maybe include long vacated business. We've got a paper mill thats dilapidated, but in a SHTF situation it'd make a great staging area for like minded Individuals. But also in a being pursued by the unknown, encounter offers ample opportunity to protect yourself from harm without being to close to home.
>>
Nursing homes. They've got shitloads of food and Boomers that can't defend it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.