[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone else's love for firearms been destroyed by working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: 1462700169503.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
1462700169503.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
has anyone else's love for firearms been destroyed by working at a fun store/counter?

daily being asked
>why is x more expensive than y?
>any idea when your distributor will get x back in stock?
>why is the barrel tilting up like that?
and, I swear to god I got asked this once,
>what's the difference between 9mm, .40, and .45?

I think things were made worse by working in a department store that sells guns, rather than in a dedicated gun store before, because I worked in one before and I don't think it ever seemed so bad as it does now
>>
>>32004833
All of those are literally expected questions in retail.
I worked at starbucks, do I hate coffee because I got a million people asking me what the difference between decaf and regular?
No. I did my shit job and answered it a million times back, and I drink my coffee as if I'd never been employed there.

You should accept the fact that some people know nothing about guns, just be thankful they came to you to buy one. We need more on our side.
>>
>>32005159
this
>>
>>32004833

I think you'd be happier if you just left your job. Clearly retail isn't for you.
>>
If you don't like your job, I'll gladly trade you.

I get to work at a fun store, you get to be an unemployed NEET. We both win.
>>
>>32004833
Get over it faggot

t. Another gun shop employee
>>
>>32004833
>>what's the difference between 9mm, .40, and .45?
God forbid people want to learn about guns. Quit your job or kys if you can't handle informing people about the products you're supposed to be selling.
>>
>>32005159
Very much this.

What happened to being polite and educating someone who asks you a question.

I have a 3 year old daughter. I guess when she asks me questions to learn about life I should call her a retard.
>>
>>32004833
This kind of attitude from gun shop employees is why I treat them like shit whenever I want to buy a gun.
>do all research online
>narrow down list to a couple options
>go to store and ask to handle X Y and Z
>employee starts to ask question or make conversation
>reply with curt yes or no responses
>say "I didn't ask about that" if he tries to suggest something else
>ask no questions of the clerk other than cursory permission to cycle the guns in a safe direction
>engage in no personal conversation or anecdotes and inform them of my decision once it's made

You're there to get the guns out of the case and run the paperwork. Be silent if you're not performing that function.
>>
>>32004833

Dude, none of those are hard questions.
Not even
>what's the difference between 9mm, .40, and .45?

Literally just say "well bullets increase in size from 9mm to .40 to .45 and a bigger bullet does cause more tissue damage, but they tend to have more recoil. How important those factors are, is up for debate. Some people prefer bigger bullets, and some prefer to be able to hold more per magazine."
>>
>>32004833
No, but it has shaken my faith in humanity.
>If I don't like it, I can return it right?
>No, all firearm and ammunition sales are final.
>guy buys it anyway
>back literally 5 hours later
>"I want to return this"

>yo mayne, deze boolits dont fit in my glawk!
>Okay....and what "glawk" do you have?
>GLAWK FOTAY NIGGAH! I TOL' YOU YESSERDAY I HAD ME A GLAWK FOTAY!
>literally take my highlighter and highlight ".40 S&W" on the box
>guy gives me uncomprehending look
>it wasn't actually a Glock in .40, nor was it a Glock 40 MOS. It was a Bryco .32acp.
>>
I have seen niggers that could barely speak ebonics in a gun store asking for ammunition. They didn't seem to have any idea what caliber they needed, and the asian behind the counter had no white guilt or fucks to give.
>.357, .38, .40, they had no idea
at least they didn't chimpout
>>
>>32005239
Autistic response
>>
>>32005259
Autistic response
>>
>>32005259
Why?
>>
>>32005272
Autism * 2

I'm autism squared. Get on my level.

I'm not even that guy.
>>
>>32005272

Autistic Response.
>>
>>32004833
>>any idea when your distributor will get x back in stock?
I think this is a legitimate question meng.
Nothing wrong with asking about when the distrubtor will get x back in stock
>>
>he actually thought working retail would be fun
>he actually thought working on the consumer side of firearms would be fun

lmfao nigga
>>
>>32004833
Brand loyalty and design loyalty means nothing to me, I've handled and fired every gun you can think of.

Though I will say I prefer metal guns than plastics.
>>
I must axe you a question. If you had a true interest in guns, why wouldn't you love teaching people about them? I love telling people things about my particular area of expertise.
>>
>>32005159
This.

Fuck I hate ignorant fucks who work retail and know shit.
>Walk into a Radio Shack for an Application because unemployment sucks.
>Dink around with various things, listening to the employee try to describe the difference between an audio out and audio in port to a customer.
>And doing a very shit job at it, I can feel the customer fuming from 10 ft away as I look at a soldering iron.
>He eventually just storms out of the store.
>Start to think being fucking homeless would be a better option then working with these tards.
>>
>>32005326
I agree with you

>RadioShack

Didn't they go out of business years ago?
>>
>>32004833
yes

i rarely go shooting now

>"hey can you get X?"
>no, we cant get that manufacturer's products
>"well, are you sure?"
>VERY
>"can you check? what about Y from the same manufacturer?"
>no, and no

>you guys got an XD40? or clips for one?
>literally always asked by a nigger, mostly over the phone
>if over the phone, say no but i can order one and they immediately hang up
>if in store, they want the promag and say theyll be back with cash, they never come back

>most guys who want to sell guns are a pain in the ass
>most bring in cheap shit $300 bolt guns or old shit in poor condition, always want retail
>guy legit brings in a Gen 4 Glock 19
>wants 600 for it, says he paid 700
>tell him id be in it for 300 tops, its a used glock, which are fucking everywhere, and i have to clean it and get it looking nice
>doesnt want to do consignment, wants money now and thinks im somehow obligated to give him money
>keeps going on about how im trying to rip him off and glocks are 700
>get tired of his shit, pull out a brand new 19 listed at 540
>says it must be used
>no, its not
>then starts complaining that i think hes dumb and got ripped off and how he knows he paid a good price and we're selling used guns as new or some shit

>nig nog buys gun
>comes back a MONTH later
>"hey i want to return this"
>we dont do returns on guns
>"well your site's return policy blah blah 30 days blah blah and i bought it 29 days ago blah blah"
>pull up our site
>scroll a little further down
>where it says in bold letter "SALES OF FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION ARE FINAL"
>oh uhhh thanks

>dude comes in looking for an entry level AR
>boss gives him run down on AR's while i handle other shit
>after a good 20 minute rundown on ARs, boss goes out for a smoke
>show him the CZ Bren
>and pull out a drum mag for shits and giggles
>he loves it, like, fucking loves it
>pulls out 3 rolls of $20 bills, held together with rubber bands
>totally not drug money guys, but he got a proceed so idgaf
>>
>>32005299
honestly, if i call up my distributors, they dont fucking know, its not like they have a calendar of what is coming in for the day, they have fucking massive warehouses, shit moves around constantly, take the Kel Tec Sub 2000, Glock mags 9mm, i havent gotten one in 9 months, none of my distributors can get them, and they dont know when theyll be back in stock

or the CZ Urban Greys with threaded barrel and night sights, again, an item that comes and goes super fast, i got lucky and snagged one today, my rep didnt even know they had 2 as they just came off allocation (which is another shitfest to deal with)
>>
>>32005242
Holy Christ bro... I feel for you.
I've been asked a lot of stupid questions myself though but nothing quite that spectacular.
>>
>>32005495
i think the WORST questions come from dudes who admit they know dick all about guns, and then want to ask REALLY FUCKING IN DEPTH questions about NFA items

like cmon man, you dont even own a fucking handgun, i dont need to go through why to get a trust or what suppressor to get, get a fucking gun first christ

its like trying to buy parts for a car when you ride a fucking bike
>>
Maybe I'm willfully ignorant but I genuinely enjoy talking to people who don't know a fucking thing about guns.
It's so easy to flood them with information, and watch their brain short circuit as you go on and on and on about minuscule details. And you can always tell the intelligent people and interested buyers by how they ask the question.
I do get my asshole reemed from time to time because I tell people looking to buy guns for their CHL course they should rent and try out guns before buying. But I don't mind, I'd rather have them educated on it than die because the Internet said x gun was better than y gun but they don't realize some striker fired handguns have a safety and some don't.
>>
>>32005545
Also fuck having to sell credit cards with each and every gun purchase.
>>
>>32004833
Shut up you cry baby cunt.

I have worked in several retail positions from food service to stock/sales associate. I hate people, and I mean literally hate people.

But anytime Jimmy Dumbfuck asked me a question about a product, I put on my friendly face and help them.

I have had people walk up to me asking weird and dumb shit but you are paid to do a job. I.E.
>working in dairy department of store
>"hey where do you keep X"
>walk customer over
>"oh I don't know if that's what I wanted"
>show similar items
>"oh well I don't think I want that either"
>give suggestions and show them nearly everything they ask for
>"oh well I will just get the first thing. Do you have Y also"
>goes on for seemingly forever
>finally go back to my department
>"hey do you have [obscure organic milk]"
>no
>"you sure"
>yes
>"oh you do have it"
>no I'm sure we don't have it
>"oh what about [3x more expensive than gold soy/almond/cashew/coconut milk]"
>no
>"can you check in the back, you must have it"
>just smile and say I'll check
>spend 5 min in the cooler reading random nutrition sheets
>nope don't have any, here is what we have
>"oh I don't want them, you sure you don't have it"
> goes on ad infitum

If you work sales you have to be willing to deal with retards and help them. If you can't manage pretending to be nice, you are automatically incapable of any higher employment as you clearly wouldn't be able to deal with any form of stress or demands.
>>
>>32005228
You sound like a social autist
>>
>>32005239
You should probably never work in a gun store. Or give gun advice in general.
>>
>>32006864
Hey, I legitimately have Asperger's and even I do better than him.

In all honesty I usually sperg about some obscure milsurp while at the gun counter. Either the salesman lets up because he can't be arsed to talk about that shit, or he's a fellow history autist and we can actually make decent conversation. Either way it works.
>>
>Have always wanted to work at a gunstore
>Every employee I meet at them is usually a fucking asshat
>Routinely don't know a goddamn thing about the shit they're selling
>Routinely lie to me about shit because they don't want to lose face
>Realize that I'd be fucking miserable working with you faggots

Why are 8/10 funstore employees fucking autistic shitheads?
>>
>>32007670

because we have to deal with literal retards who are either incapable of learning, or will purposely ignore any information given about any firearm, even one they already own
>>
>>32004833
Literally all of those are valid questions, you should be glad though, you didn't get anything bad you got people who wanted to learn and attempted to, I bet yu just answered
>Because that's the price
>When they get more
>Cause that's how it works
>They're different and different guns use them, God don't you people know anything
and sound like Napoleon Dynamites brother.
>>
File: seen some shit.gif (2MB, 329x319px) Image search: [Google]
seen some shit.gif
2MB, 329x319px
>>32004833
God forbid you do your fucking job. Sounds terrible. My love for funs hasn't diminished but I have learned that some of the manufacturers I used to love are shitty.
>Used to like Colt
>Have to take apart Colt Modular Carbine for coating job
>Rat a tat tat the rollpin holding the bolt release out
>Metal on the receiver crumbles to grit in my hands
>Boss sends back to Colt with note and letter detailing what's wrong
>Nothing happens
>Call Colt three months later
>"Our gunsmiths don't know what's wrong with the gun"

I now work at another store and last I heard the receiver was still there. Modern Colt quality. I've also had a lot of stupid people cross through retail. Like irredeemably needs to be put down for the safety of humanity stupid. I still love my job.
>>
>>32007670
maybe stop being a patron of Dicks Sporting Goods/Cabelas only.
>>
>>32007714
Welcome to retail. I worked in retail for 10 years and while its fucking damning, you put on a brave face and do your best to educate.

Fun store employees just strike me as people who think they're better then everyone else because they work with guns.
>>
>>32005345
No, they're still around. It is all but confirmed they are a front for drug money at this point.
>>
"I have shit-tier work ethic and probably brown eyes too" the thread
>>
>works retail
>thinks hes smart

Lmao bet you voted for drumpf too.
>>
>>32006864
You sound like a faggot who can't stand not babbling idly about nothing important.
>>
>>32005456
>im a shitty retail worker that happens to sell weapons sometimes useful to criminals
>im now an expert in who is and isnt a criminal

Kys youre the problem with gun retailers
>>
>>32004833
I'm getting there

>what's the best concealed carry under $300?
>I'm looking for something in stainless.
>my bro told me to buy a fowty because of the stopping power
>I don't want a glock or to ever even hold one because everyone has a glock
>wow the trigger is really nice on this m&p
>yeah it's safe and unloaded, here look...oh I didn't think there was one in there
>you need to sell less assault rifles and more hunting rifles
>I need a scope for cqb
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 528x960px
>>32004833
Showing customer several different guns
>so what kind of clip does this take?
>how many bullets does this clip hold?
>clip, clip, clip
Shows them M1 Garand
>what kind of magazine does this take?

Another random customer

>customer: is this stock cast on or cast off
>me: it's cast on
>customer: what does that mean?

Also don't let customers take guns apart
>>
>retail

I worked at a college bookstore and I had to teach students how to log in to the college website to find out what classes they were in and what books they needed.
>>
File: 1458620033038.jpg (8KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
1458620033038.jpg
8KB, 209x200px
>>32005159
>>32004833

Lol reminded me of when I worked at McDonald's in high school

> 2013-14
> Even though I learn of the food there and how it's made, I still eat there
> mfw I get 20 dollar meals discounted to 10 because of after work discount
> mfw 1.5 years of discounted meals adds weight to my belly and gain 20 pounds
>>
>>32011058
>gaining weight from working at McDonalds
Fucking control yourself. I've worked at a McDonald's since 2014 and have lost weight.
>>
>>32007297
I had that recently, one of the LGS nearby had both a Berthier M.16 and a Sterling AR-180, and we both sperged out a whole bunch over them. They even had clips for the Berthier! And 8mm Lebel!
>>
>>32013045
I haven't worked there since 2014, but trust me friend I now control what I eat.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.