[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CA-AR Peestol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0286.jpg (29KB, 682x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0286.jpg
29KB, 682x383px
I am building an 80% rn and want a pistol in CA. I know I have to bullet button with a 0rnd Sled, but what are the other restrictions? No flash hider right? Is there a minimum barrel length?

Post your fav AR pistols
>>
>>32003279
>Is there a minimum barrel length?
16''

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

What you're doing is illegal as fuck.
>>
>>32003304
You linked the calguns rifle flowchart while I'm asking about pistols...

Does anyone that knows what they're talking about want to chime in?
>>
>>32003325
>AR
>pistol
Pick one.
>>
>>32003338
In CA you can make a single shot pistol from an 80% since it was never DROSd as a long gun.

Found the calguns pistol flowchart. Looks like ill need a pinned and welded muzzle device but I swear I read somewhere that you needed a 10" OAL or barrel length or something?
>>
>>32003279
building 1 now is illegal for multiple reasons even with the 0 round sled. it had to be built and complete before the end of 2014.
if you legally possesed it in 2014 you still have to register it as an assault weapon next year and serialize it if you want it to stay legal
>>
>>32003421
Why is it illegal? I don't see any laws about it
>>
>>32003648
manufacturing an assault weapon is illegal.

sse which is the 0round sled you are talking about allowed you to get around it. the bullet button made it not an assault pistol and let it have any features you wanted. by default an ar pistol is an assault pistol in ca thanks to mag outside the grip or the threaded barrel.
sse got legislated away in 2014. making it impossible to legally build your ar pistol in a compliant manner post 2014. theres an sse2.0 but you as an individual cant really do it.
then youve got the new bills fucking up ghostguns and the bullet button in general.
if you do decide to comply and register your ar pistol you built in 2016 congrats you incriminated yourself on the form.
of course as an 80% its impossible to determine when it was built cough cough.
>>
>>32003937
Sse applies to semi automatic pistols being converted to single shot.

A pistol that was initially constructed as a single shot does not fall under those sse rules

Magwell outside pistol grip : bullet button or other fixed magazine and you're good
>>
Why the fuck would you buy an 80% and then comply? Seriously just build a normal fucking ar
>>
>>32003279
Bullet buttons are illegal starting Jan 1st

There is no legal way to make an AR pistol in california anymore
>>
>>32003279
Buy a SIG MPX
>>
>>32007158
No bb, then a fixed magazine would work right?
>>
>>32007321
I don't know

CA is just such a clusterfuck of bullshit that you are better off just ignoring the unconstitutional laws anyway.
>>
>>32003279
> what are the other restrictions?
Everything else still apply, by going the 80% route you only by pass the CA's ban list. Pistol anything lower than 16" and no butt stock still like all other AR pistols.

See pic for example, it's a pair build from 80% in CA using the Ghost Gunner Mill

>>32003304
OP said build from 80% into pistol in CA it's legal in CA.
>>
File: 50EjmOq.jpg (60KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
50EjmOq.jpg
60KB, 640x362px
Ignoring these bs laws
anyone can recommend a pistol upper?

In a budget, would prefer if the upper was just the receiver flatptop preferred and barrel (no bcg and other stuff)

maybe 7-10 inches of barrel
>>
File: Duo.jpg (144KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Duo.jpg
144KB, 960x720px
>>32007888
>>32009588
Woah trip and dub back to back
Here you go, the one on top is 10.5" barrel with Vltor free float handguard

Bottom is 7.5" barrel with Faxon 9" handguard with a custom Noveske Flaming Pig copy/bootleg/ripoff
>>
>>32003304
You're whole build has to be a minimum of 26 inches too.

Literally they banned the shit you want to do for a reason. ( too many drive by).
>>
>>32007888
He still has to register it though.
>>
Don't you need a dangerous weapons permit to own an sbr or ar type pistols in california?

I'm not too sure about 80% ar pistols though
>>
>>32003937
SSE is still very much applicable to home built firearms senpai.

semi automatic pistol --> single shot pistol (--> semi automatic pistol) = illegal

single shot pistol --> semi automatic pistol = legal
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.