[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halo Weapons Breakdown.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: UNSCWeaponChart.gif (39KB, 613x793px) Image search: [Google]
UNSCWeaponChart.gif
39KB, 613x793px
Today we take a look at the UNSC armory.

This is a "in detail" review, as we look at the weapons.

This means we compare UNSC weapons, vehicles, to modern day weapons.

The goal is to list weapon caliber, magazine capacity, effective range, ect.

NO COVENANT WEAPONS.
>>
>>31997311

Thread hidden.

Take this anime shit to the anime board, faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 1007x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 1007x1024px
>>31997311
>No space alien pew pews

Quit life at earlier convenience.
>>
>>31997311
Was the Halo 2 Pistol just retconned?
>>
The first weapon on our list is the M6 series of handgun.

While there are MANY different variants of the M6, we will ignore most, as they are just re-skins.

>M6
>Caliber, 12.7x40mm.

Ok, this round is most similar to the .500 S&W. (12.7x41mmR).

Also most loadings of this round, is High-Explosive, Semi-Armor Piercing.

This brings into question, is this round legal? The Hague convention of 1899, states that explosives can't be used in bullets under 400g.

While it's use aganst Covenant is acceptable, its use against humans would be a war crime.

Also, a 12.7x40 handgun would be MASSIVE to put it lightly. Putting 8 rounds in a magazine would be difficult, much less 12.

And the grip would have to be very large. Recoil would be issue, as well as weight.

What would /k/ recommend as a replacement?
>>
>>31997463

.50 AE Desert Eagle
>>
>>31997463
The Spartans were like 8 feet tall in armor, so it makes sense how they can use it but it doesn't make any sense at all how the regular soldiers can use the same weapons.
>>
WE WANT PELICAN
>>
>>31997463
>globalized fully unified human race who only wars against significantly more advanced aliens

pretty sure nobody cares what you do to non humans if it gets them deader faster
>>
Can't fathom the magazine mechanism on the M7 submachinegun
>>
>>31997527
Isn't it just a sideways P90?
>>
>>31997488
Marines and shit are lightly augmented too.
(basically govt. sanctioned steroids for all soljahs)

And also they're just not pussies. The main service rifle is a REAL FUCKIN NATO with a 64 round mag
>>
>>31997555
Yes that anon is literally retarded.
>>
>>31997555
Basically a sideways p90 firing causeless ammo. Nice trips, by the way.
>>
>>31997674
*caseless
>>
>>31997311
Where's my big titted, purple mind-skank?
>>
File: Gungj8-MA5C-transparent.png (785KB, 1780x540px) Image search: [Google]
Gungj8-MA5C-transparent.png
785KB, 1780x540px
M5A Service Rifles.

As the primary rifle of the UNSC, the MA5 weapon series is the right arm of humanity.

>MA5
>Caliber 7.62x51mm Armor-Piercing.

The MA5 is notable for it's original magazine capacity of 60 ROUNDS of 7.62x51mm.

Now this brings up the issue of the magazine SIZE.

While later variants have magazine capacities of 32,(C) and 36,(D) respectively.

The Magazine change can most easily be explained as production change.

The PPsh-41, was originally issued with a 72 round drum magazine.

However, as the war progressed this became too expensive, and a 34 round magazine's were issued.

Also an issue is recoil. The 7.62x51mm is NOT known for it's full auto handing. Makeing most auto fire ineffective.

How would /k/ change the MA5?
>>
>>31997507
>fully unified human race

The UNSC was fighting a large insurrection before the covies appeared. That's what the spartan program was originally meant to deal with.
>>
>>31997761
Rip off the Covenant's design for the Plasma Pistol and add the ability to fire a charged plasma shot from an underbarrel attachment.
>>
>>31997761
Wouldn't change it for Spartans but would chamber it with 6.8mm for light infantry.
>>
File: oh baby.jpg (159KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
oh baby.jpg
159KB, 1920x960px
>>31997761
I wouldn't change it because automatic fire is never an issue when you're in power armor or with a neurally-interfaced smart-link scope

MA5 is Raifu
>>
>>31997761
I assume the digital trigger solves the bull pup trigger issues. we can assume space real fucking NATO is handleable. The only thing I would think to improve is an optic rail and the ability to go single shot
>>
>>31997761
i always imagined that the 60 rounders were and drum mag extended barrel saw, much like the MG36 variant, which were issued to the marines on the pillar of autumn instead of the SAW or other LMG as it was a spec-ops mission
>>
>>31998010
>as it was a spec-ops mission
I thought the Pillar of Autumn was just getting the fuck away from Reach.
>>
>>31998044
Yes and no. The autumn was prepping for a spec ops assignment when reach was attacked and after the fight went south they hightailed it out of there and ended up at the first halo.
>>
>>31997761
Optic of some sort and semi-auto.

Rifle is fine as is really.

>>31998044
Checked.

No, they were gonna go secret squirrel and fuck with the covenant. That's why they even had the Pillar. Damn thing was ancient and of a good, but exorbitantly expensive, design. Then they modded it some more with latest and greatest tech. IIRC it was supposed to be super black ops tier shit and the only reason they didn't succeed was because the covenant made it to Reach before they left. Arguably they had the biggest impact on the Battle of Reach.
>>
File: 1479130085153m.jpg (99KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479130085153m.jpg
99KB, 1024x1024px
>>31997761

It could be explained in the biggerer mags are more cumbersome making slower reloads and an unweildy gun which is the main reason we dont standard issue 60 round mags to our troops despite them existing.
>>
>>31997761
Re-chamber it in .300 Blackout supersonic.
>>
File: Alternate_MA5K.jpg (28KB, 283x128px) Image search: [Google]
Alternate_MA5K.jpg
28KB, 283x128px
>>31997888
They do have optic rails or an equivalent. That bulky section on top is just a fancy sight that interfaces with HUDs, with pop-up iron sights just in case. Some versions have it swapped out.
>>
>>31997488
If I recall correctly, canonically there are some spartan-only up-scaled variants, so the Spartans may be using those while the rest of the corps uses the regular ones
>>
>>31998159
>ghost of onyx
Best book imo
>>
>>31998175
The up-scaled pistols shared magazines with the normie versions, they were just fattened up to fit giant armored hands better.
>>
>>31997311
Why the fuck is this a gif you turbonigger
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.