[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Combat engineer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

I'm in Europe and want to become a combat engineer.

What the fuck do you even say in the interview?

>I want to clear the way in fucked situations

What do I need to know about combat engineers and what do I say without sounding crazy?
>>
>I want to be a combat engineer
>I don't even know what they do
>I need to ask 4chan for life advice

Jesus Christ
>>
>>31997282

Yeah, this.

Kill yourself, OP. Do it now before you lose your nerve.
>>
File: helmet26.jpg (160KB, 600x624px) Image search: [Google]
helmet26.jpg
160KB, 600x624px
>>31997282
>>31997310
Nigger I know what they do I can read a wiki article.
I just wan't to know how I say that I want to do that job and not sound crazy.
>>
>>31997320
>Wants to be combat engineer
>Doesn't want to sound crazy
Pick one
>>
Say you're considering a career in construction and the skills gained here might help with that.
>>
File: kCpEH.jpg (439KB, 2048x1462px) Image search: [Google]
kCpEH.jpg
439KB, 2048x1462px
>>31997374
You might have a point there.
>>
>OP utterly falls apart within 1 post on an anonymous imageboard that consists solely of strangers who do not know him or anything about him

Yeah, you're obviously unfit for military service.
>>
File: tumbr_tumblr_tumblr.gif (591KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
tumbr_tumblr_tumblr.gif
591KB, 180x180px
>>31997414
>>
>>31997249
every job in every nato military is fucking open source material

go look up the training manual for the job you want, it'll be pretty clear what the job is

recruiters are lying shits that will talk up whatever the first job you mention to be the most badass operator deployment-filled fun experience possible
>>
>>31997249
>What do I need to know about combat engineers
You will be doing everything a construction worker does and more while someone is trying to shoot at you.
It's basically like infantry, but you can't hide and can't shoot back, because you will be busy doing shit
>>
>>31997249
>i want to fuck shit up
A sense of honesty can go a long way in the military.
I know some people who enlisted during the surge to honestly legally kill people. Thats it, just wanted to kill mother fuckers.
>>
>>31997249
You know that little green army dude with the metal detector that dobody wanted to be so he always got blown up with a firecracker/microwaved/killed first?
yeah.
You'll poke landmines and build SWAhuts for a living.
>mfw
>>
>>31997249
If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself.
>>
>>31997249
>Needs of the military

First off learn what the fuck this means. You can tell them you want to sign up as a combat engineer but they decide what kind of engineer company they send you to and your unit decides what billet you serve in. Combat engineers do a fuck ton of different things and no one Unit dos it all The Job you are describing is something that maybe 3% of all Combat engineers do. Construction, whether temporary or permanent structures, is the bulk of what all Combat engineers do. Most likely you are going to be building bridges or repairing landing strips but since demand for Combat engineers is so low in warzones right now you will likely only do any of it in training.
>>
>>31997559
>It's basically like infantry

no it fucking isn't

source, me. a 1371 and a former 0331.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.