[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun cringe: advertisement edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault.jpg (159KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
159KB, 1280x720px
This shit makes me cringe so hard every time I see the ad on youtube
https://youtu.be/pkRofcvfnHg
>so hidden it was like the footsteps of a navy seal
Post any gun advertisement cringe
>>
>>31992903
that has got to be the dumbest fucking idea for a holster i've ever seen
>>
>>31992903
Disregarding the dumb navy seal meme, how good are these holsters?
>>
>>31992903
I've finally stopped getting adverts for this on every gun page I've visit. I'm not clicking that youtube video, NO!
Provide a webm or something please.
>>
>>31992903
>needs two hands
>needs an additional motion before being able to draw
>cant be drawn if your sitting down or have your legs bent
it seems to trade practicality for concealibility and to a lesser extent, comfort.
remidns me of another below the belt IWB holster ive seen, it was like OPs but you could slide it along your belt. for what reason, i dont remember.
>>
>>31993118
They show it being drawn with one hand and youd have to lift your shirt anyway.
I'm interested. It looks stupid but it seems to work.
>>
File: figure-5.jpg (112KB, 500x601px) Image search: [Google]
figure-5.jpg
112KB, 500x601px
>>
>>31993224
We'll anything that is different will be shit on. I don't see anything wrong with the holster honestly. I feel like it would just be a matter of getting used to it.
>>
>>31993287
True. I'll have to check out some review videos.
>>
File: iwb.jpg (100KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
iwb.jpg
100KB, 533x400px
>>31993287
>We'll anything that is different will be shit on.
Son, I've been carrying a gun for over a decade now. I've used crossbreed, kydex, serpa, hybrid, pancake, OWB, IWB, homemade, store bought, synthetic and authentic, tan, black, O.D., drop leg, forward cant, uncanted, juxtaposed and pocket.

You know what, there is nothing better than a simple non-retention leather IWB holster with 1 clip of whatever variety you prefer.
>>
>>31993118
I kind of like it, simply because I need a holster than can be worn with a tucked shirt and no jacket.
>>
>>31993104
>>31992903
I don't know how to use AdBlock: The Thread
>>
Speaking of holsters... who makes a good inside the waistband holster? I want one for a USP compact
>>
>>31993332
That pic floating around of the leather in the trigger guard has me hesitant to use it. I'm sure it was a fluke/shit holster but still has me worried
>>
File: DkRRyuM.png (26KB, 240x259px) Image search: [Google]
DkRRyuM.png
26KB, 240x259px
Dunno, it seems cool, esp. if they went ahead and fixed the whole gun flying out when you get ready to draw thing.

It's nice that it doesn't dig into your hips when you sit. I doubt they're priced decently, though.
>>
>>31993376
I don't really like anything Galco makes but de-santis is great.
Stoner holsters in Germantown, Ohio also has quality products for damn near anything.

It depends what you want though, low riding, forward canted, what? I'm personally a huge fan of the deSantis "the insider" holster, sits really low making it comfortable and it doesn't imprint. Some people prefer something that rides higher up so they can get a combat grip on the gun without actually drawing it at all.
>>
>>31993376
>>31993406
Seconding DeSantis. I use a Dual Carry II and it is a fantastic hybrid holster
>>
>>31993403
The #1 reason I like the style other than that they're comfy and stay in place, the #1 reason is that I can take the holster on and off on a whim. If I want to remove gun and holster to leave in the car, no problem. If I want to put holster on to go check a noise in the back yard, no problem. It's totally the easiest holster in the world and comfy.
The downside is you can't reholster the gun into the holster with 1 hand. You pull the holster out, stick the gun in it, stick the holster on your waist. While that's annoying to some, there's literally no reason that the picture you're talking about should EVER happen. Think about this, "It's that 1 picture". Know what I mean?
>>
>>31993406
You know Stoner's? Shit, I'm from Middletown

Great place with great products
>>
>>31993472
Yes, I've bought a few holster from them, all very well made.
Truth, these days most of my holsters are just the generic IWB Blackhawk holster you see everywhere for $10 to $15. I've bought and traded a lot of guns so I have one for every size gun. They're fine but I've got a few from Stoner's, top notch.
>>
>>31992903
This looks pretty awesome, desu. Other than needing two hands to draw it, are there any other drawbacks?
>>
>>31993224

I drive trucks for a living. I can't see how I can draw my weapon with this shit.

I'll continue to keep my gun in an easy to draw position.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 294x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 294x200px
>>31993440

You hear a noise in your yard and go out with a holstered pistol? Nigga WTF is wrong with you!? Grab a rifle with a light that turns niggers white you stupid faggot.
>>
>>31993534
>Dog has to pee one night
>let dog out in yard
>dog see squirrel runs over to neighbors yard
>walk over to grab him
>neighbor busts out of the front door with a shouldered AR and strobe lights going
Yeah, I can think of lots reasons that's not always the best choice. Hell, 2 days ago a car crashed into the back of a parked one 2 houses down. I heard a screeching tire followed by a boom. I ran out to see if everyone was okay. Not so sure the rifle would have been necessary.
>>
>>31993376
JM Custom. Get "The George"

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?3597-JM-Custom-Kydex-AIWB-holster-review
>>
Whenever you get a jewtube ad just refresh the previous webpage and go back to the video. The ads should stop after a few tries.
>>
>>31995424
Or you just use adblock like a normal person.
>>
>>31993066
I have the older style urban carry - has belt loops instead of the clip) and I honestly like it.

Pros
>hides well
>comfortable
>you really do forget it is there
>doesn't shift or get in the way
>great if you are on your feet all day

Cons
>Basically requires 2 hands to draw
>Hard to draw seated
>Not as fast of a draw as a more traditional iwb

I like it honestly. All holsters have drawbacks and tradeoffs. If I was >>31993502 I would not use it.
>>
File: IMG_1692.jpg (38KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1692.jpg
38KB, 511x428px
>tfw no gun
>>
File: 1464632035290.webm (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1464632035290.webm
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>
>>31993066
I have the older version of it. It's kind if shit. It's almost impossible to draw from while seated and it makes you look like you're trying to smuggle a phone book in your pocket. Plus, if your shirt gets lifted up, it looks like you're wearing a gay ass phone clip. I'd rather people see a gun desu. I'd rather have a traditional iwb holster any day.
>>
File: Spurdo1.jpg (15KB, 307x462px) Image search: [Google]
Spurdo1.jpg
15KB, 307x462px
>>31992903
>Urban Carry

>Dude is clearly not in the urban
>>
File: 1477720971509.gif (3MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1477720971509.gif
3MB, 320x320px
>>31995562
>>
>>31995562
kek
>>
File: 1377525369594.jpg (63KB, 356x500px) Image search: [Google]
1377525369594.jpg
63KB, 356x500px
>>31995562
>be me hanging out with operator buddy at local school bake sale
>CCing two guns because new york reload
>Buddy left his CCW at home, too intimidated by the gun free zone signs
>carrying one gun in a crossbreed minituck
>carrying the other in my brand new urban carry 2 holster
>suddenly hear gunshots in the school
>see everyone running out of building
>Incoming Kebab waving rifle screaming about isis
>me and buddy know exactly what to do
>disgonbgud.gif
>buddy reaches for nonexistent gun then looks to me
>yank out my urban carry holster as fast as I can
>gun flies out of my holster towards buddy who catches it in compressed ready position just like we practiced
>draw other ccw and take aim
>kebab sees maneuver and can't compete, gives up and goes back to cave instead
>mfw

looks like it works perfectly fine to me
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.