[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How accurate is this chart?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 9mm.png (19KB, 1342x570px) Image search: [Google]
9mm.png
19KB, 1342x570px
And why do they think this?
>>
>>31992865
>A ,22 sized hole in you isn't bad because it could have been a 9mm
A hole is a hole, torn tissue and broken bones don't care if it was a .32 or a .45
>>
File: pistol.jpg (353KB, 2396x734px) Image search: [Google]
pistol.jpg
353KB, 2396x734px
>>
>>31992895

So do you think .22 is just as lethal as the other calibers?
>>
>>31992905

What's the relevance here?
>>
>>31992865
.22 Should be up there with .45acp

It is specifically designed to bounce around the entry point and cause significant extra damage, similar to hollow points
>>
>>31992906
Shot placement. A .22 to the head is far worse than shooting off your pinky toe with a .32 trying to be Bond.
>>
>>31992906
given what stipulations ? shooting at armored targets behind concealment and cover ? absolutely not. Killing a human being who is currently engaged some aspect of day to day life ? yes.
>>
>>31992938

What exactly are you advocating or trying to say?
We all know shot placement is most important.
>>
>>31992948

On what do you base the assertion that .22 is just as lethal as the other main calibers?
>>
>>31992954
A chunk of lead is deadly if it hits you somewhere important.
>>
>>31992906
Not him. I know you grew up on the Internet.

Yes kid. If I shot you in the head with a .22 at even 10 feet away, you're probably dead. Or a vegetable.

That's the difference between noguns who post "lol only 9mm" and guys who know it can kill.

Can I smash you in the head as hard as I can with a bat 3 times? I guarantee you won't be saying "lol, only a bat".
>>
>>31992965
case studies from real life like school shootings, home defense, gang shootouts, etc.
>>
>>31992968

What I'm asking for is evidence, facts, figures, ect.

>>31992999

There are a lot of obvious problems with that kind of evidence.
Perhaps the biggest problem is that .22 is very popular as a murder weapon, and that would inflate its statistics.

>>31992970

You sound extremely mad.
>>
>>31993018
I don't like ignorant people. I'm not mad. I am sad you exist.
>>
>>31992965
not that anon but there was a shooting in a mall on the west coast of USA. guy had a 10/22 and killed 4 people and wounded a fifth.
>>
>>31993035

You sound like you've got some real ass problems my dude.
>>
>>31993018
The logic the FBI used was roughly

>the most important thing a defensive handgun round can do is penetrate ~18 inches with extreme consistency
>after that, adding more KE, and thus more recoil to the round is counter-productive, because it effects the number of shots you can put on target
>9mm is about the minimum to get that super consistent penetration in different targets
>no matter how good of a shooter you are, you'll always be able to put more 9mm rounds in a guy than .45 in the same amount of time
>>
>>31993055

That's not exactly scientific evidence, my main man.
>>
>>31993018
Google. There's a shit ton of them out there, and a bunch of idiots playing with them
>lol its only .22
The more of X there is, the more likely Y is to happen. (X being .22 caliber guns, Y being people killed with them) Its deadly, it can take down whitetail in skilled hands and has killed many of people due to accidents alone.
>>
>>31993056
I do. It doesn't negate your shortcomings. Which is the topic at hand.
>>
>>31992999
While .22 is the "most lethal" round by some statistics, it's important to remember that different rounds are used in different ways. 9mm is likely to be used in pitched shootouts because it's a common carry caliber. 9mm wounds are more likely to be on extremities, at range, or through cover, reducing their effectiveness. This is true of .40S&W and .45ACP as well, as they are also often carried and used by cops, civilians, and criminals alike.

.22 on the other hand is the caliber of choice for point blank execution or suicide. People don't get into massive gunbattles spamming .22 at each other, so you don't see as many hits to the arm and leg with it, which drives down the statistics. All exotic calibers, be they bigger or smaller than standard carry calibers, get a statistical boost that makes them appear more deadly than common carry calibers, even when dealing with objectively more destructive rounds.
>>
>>31993067
so its really just a bait thread. 4/10 for trying so hard
>>
>>31993057

But that's not what they said at all.
http://gundata.org/images/fbi-handgun-ballistics.pdf

>Kinetic energy does not wound. Temporary cavity does not wound. The much discussed "shock" of
>bullet impact is a fable and "knock down" power is a myth. The critical element is penetration. The
>bullet must pass through the large, blood bearing organs and be of sufficient diameter to promote rapid
>bleeding. Penetration less than 12 inches is too little, and, in the words of two of the participants in the
>1987 Wound Ballistics Workshop, "too little penetration will get you killed."42, 43 Given desirable and
>reliable penetration, the only way to increase bullet effectiveness is to increase the severity of the
>wound by increasing the size of hole made by the bullet. Any bullet which will not penetrate through
>vital organs from less than optimal angles is not acceptable. Of those that will penetrate, the edge is
>always with the bigger bullet.44
>>
>>31993101
You just restated what I said in the first bullet point, but with more words.
>>
>>31993129

I don't think you read it, because it clearly advocates a larger caliber.
>>
>>31993140
Oh, that's the 1989 FBI statement, not the more recent one. I was talking about the statement the FBI gave when they switched back to 9mm from .40

The FBI's logic was still basically the same in the recent one, they just said that with newer ammunition 9mm now has the penetration necessary to be a defensive handgun round.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2016-11-14T05_22_48Z.jpg (161KB, 998x562px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-11-14T05_22_48Z.jpg
161KB, 998x562px
>>
>>31993188

If you're talking about what I think you are, that was discredited as being fake.

Large sections were copy pasted from the real one, including the sources.
Which obviously don't support the invented sections.

There were also other problems, like the fact that it had no author or authors.
>>
>>31993213

Actually I think it goes up in a relatively linear fashion.
Imagine the OP image, but as a single line with about the same average trend.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2016-11-14T05_34_25Z.jpg (155KB, 998x562px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-11-14T05_34_25Z.jpg
155KB, 998x562px
>>
>>31993057
>>9mm is about the minimum to get that super consistent penetration in different targets
With JHP bulets. Pretty sure all FMJ, especially flat nosed could reliably penetrate 12''+ including 22LR.
>>
>>31993335
But...but... mah wound channel..... mah stoppan powah.... mah fowty fav
>>
>>31992906
.22lr is proven to kill on contact.
>>
>>31993300
Kek, so true.
>>
File: 1479099113963.png (28KB, 1292x570px) Image search: [Google]
1479099113963.png
28KB, 1292x570px
>>
>>31992928
There isnt any, "energy" and other bullshit are just .45 fag memes. As long as you're getting adequate penetration (which every modern handgun load acheives out side of .380 hollowpoints) the terminal ballistics of handguns are pretty much identical. The main difference being that the holes are slightly different sizes
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.