[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.22LR Target Pistols

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Ruger-Mk-IV-F-_40118-2.jpg (174KB, 1000x653px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-Mk-IV-F-_40118-2.jpg
174KB, 1000x653px
I want to buy a .22LR target pistol. I'm looking a Ruger MK IV Hunter and I would leave it mostly stock.

Should I consider a S&W Victory? It is a lot cheaper, but looks like its got lots of aftermarket for barrels, grips, etc and you could build something pretty impressive. I have no interest in spending more than $800ish total, so could
I out-shoot the MK IV with $350 or so in upgrades to the S&W? Or would it only be worth it if I planned on spending a lot more. I've seen how expensive 10/22 builds can get.
>>
>>31990824
Swap out the fiber optic with a target sight and you will be good to go on the MK 4 Hunter.
>>
>>31990824
Well just my humble opinion the Ruger will have a far and wide aftermarket selection for sure; given how supported were the older models.

I'd take the Ruger over the Victory; while overall a nice gun the Ruger will have more options for customization.
>>
>>31990824
If price is a concern for you why not buy a mkii?

I assume you can find one in excellent condition for 250 or so.

If you have the money, buy th mkiv for the aftermarket support that will be there soon and forever
>>
>>31990903
Any recommendations?
Just took my Hunter out for the first time yesterday and had a blast with it. Only gripe is that target pistol mags are always so damn small.
>>
>>31991570
$800 is just where I'm drawing my personal budget line. Got a huge bonus from work this year so the money is no issue - I'm planning out at least 5 more gun buys/builds. If there was something at $900 or $1000 that was the undisputed king of .22lr until you get into multiple thousand dollar custom guns, I would consider stretching the budget just a bit. Past that I would just rather allocate money elsewhere.
>>
>>31990824
You can get a base mk4 for about $389. My vendor is selling the black bull barrel versions for 400 right now. They released it to compete with the Victory. For $800 you could have a serious target pistol like a Sig instead of messing with the aftermarket.
>>
I've read a lot about people waiting for the mark iv improvements coming to the 22/45, has any of that been confirmed or is it just speculation?
>>
>>31992744
There were schematics for a 22/45 posted awhile ago and I've heard ruger will be expanding the mark 4 line so probably
>>
>>31990824
I would get the miii/IV then spiff it up with aftermarket parts. Great guns, but stock they have some annoying drawbacks
>>
>>31992744
What's the differences between the 22/45 and the standard mark line?
>>
>>31990824

Biggest gun purchase mistake I've made was saying "oh, my best bud already has the ruger, I should get something different" and buying a S&W 22A.
>>
>>31994955
IIRC the 22/45 has the handle and the grip made to resemble the 1911 pistol.
Probably some controls too but i'm not sure about that. Useful if you want continuity if you already own a 1911.
>>
File: Revo & Guns 002.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Revo & Guns 002.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>31994973
To be honest I don't really like the Victory, it looks like a pneumatic power tool or something out of a workshop.

I have a Smith & Wesson rimfire, but i went for a totally different route there.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.