[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best gun storage possible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Gun-wall-Cradlegrid-K7.jpg (368KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gun-wall-Cradlegrid-K7.jpg
368KB, 600x600px
What is the best gun storage possible?
>>
>>31990595
Vault
>>
>>31990595
Buying a closed bank and using the vault.
>>
>>31990595
Realistically speaking, a hidden safe with a sensor on it connected to a monitoring service like ADT.

I built my safe into a corner in the garage and drywalled it in behind a pegboard panel with tools and stuff hung on it. I had it so if you twisted the right peg and pulled right, the panel would slide and reveal the safe inside.

I sold the house, everyone at the open house thought the safe was excellent. Every offer I got stipulated that I had to leave it there.
>>
>>31990728
That sounds amazing, is there any way you could MS paint a crude drawing of how the mechanism worked? or maybe take a pic of any drawings you made in the planning stages?
>>
>>31990839
I wish I'd taken pictures. The panel was mounted with locking sliders above the safe and the locks were connected to some slim pulleys and cable to the peg. I pretty much bolted the safe to the floor, surrounded it with 2x4's and drywalled everything up with built in shelving in the space above the safe. The pegboard was mounted to a frame backed by a piece of 3/4" plywood...

Anyway, the key is the sliders.

http://www.cabinetparts.com/p/fulterer-drawer-slides-side-mount-drawer-slides-FULFR5400L16?prclev=CMH63F4QHR35&utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplpFUL-FR5400L16&sc_intid=FUL-FR5400L16&gclid=CjwKEAiAu6DBBRDDr6-e_6698E0SJACvuxnyklj_VhYR1TOcKT3pga03DfGrIkiGfFI-itK1aIvHmxoCbbHw_wcB
>>
>>31990879
The sliders were 36" though.
>>
>>31990879
Ok most of what you said makes sense, but I'm having some trouble picturing it mentally. Did the pegboard slide outwards (i.e. towards me if I was facing it)?
>>
>>31990933
Oh wait nevermind, i can picture it now. Thanks for sharing anon, Im going to keep this in mind for the future
>>
I really want a gun room with reinforced walls and door... someday.
I keep them all in a safe, tucked away out of sight and bolted to the floor.
Have my grandfathers kick ass glass door gun cabinet too but I worried someone would break in if I ever used it.
>>
The house I'm building in the spring has a set up like >>31993583 It's a finished basement with a steel door at the bottom of the stairs. I've got enough room for a reloading bench and can actually hang my guns on the wall instead of crammed into a regular safe.
>>
>>31993583
>glass door gun cabinet

My uncle has one of those, it's filled with bait guns. Basically all of the guns in there are rigged to kB if shot- flame weakened barrels, extremely excessive head space, etc.
>>
Just scatter them around your house so you can grab one whenever you need it.
>>
>>31994179
>bait guns
Americans have bait guns for their real guns.

I love being an American.
>>
I just leave them laying around wherever.
>>
A hardened arms room hidden behind a bookcase or the like.
>>
>>31994179
That's retarded.

Arguably, it also constitutes a booby trap, which is illegal in the US.
>>
I guess this would be a good thread to ask.
I'm in the market for a gun safe. Any recommendations on brands or models? Any brands I should stay away from?
>>
>>31994179

That's fucking cool.

Its kinda like a booby trap - without being illegal.
>>
>>31990595
a well hidden underground bunker
>>
>>31990595
Asking the ATF to look over it.
>>
>>31994179
thanks

t. atf
>>
>>31990595
If I could fit all the guns ever made and that will ever be made inside my rectum
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.