[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you hold down the fort?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: apartment.png (24KB, 431x875px) Image search: [Google]
apartment.png
24KB, 431x875px
Your mission:

Demonstrate to the best of your MSPAINT ability how you would defend and/or clear the layout provided. The apartment houses you and a companion.

Choice of weapon(s): Glock 17 w/ Laser&Light, Mossberg 500 (stock or pistolgrip), Saiga 7.62x39mm, AR-15, Mosin (for good measure).

Options/Details: Main hallway length 15 feet. You have a companion of rudimentary skill/gun handling capabilities. Do you use them as canon fodder, or have them hold an angle? You tell me.
>>
This apartment layout is terrible for clearing or assaulting. The hallway is basically a deathtrap in either direction
>>
>>31988399
Unfortunately it is my current living situation. I've wondered if it would be better to hold down the hallway, or retreat to the master bathroom. Thoughts?
>>
>2 master bedrooms
How does that work?
>>
>>31988665
It says Master bathroom. The entryway between them is probably a walk thru closet.
>>
>>31988665
Master Bathroom, I apologize if the quality of the image doesn't make that clear.

>>31988703

Correct, it's a walk through closet. I didn't go to the effort of measuring them out or anything, nor showing furniture.
>>
>>31988310
Is second person in Guest or MBR?

For defence scenario, Get video feed of hallway. Use video feed to defend hallway (shoot through door and maybe closet wall. Keep a cell or put a land line in master bath. Keep some extra ammo / small gun in safe in master bath.

Any windows in this place OP? Ground floor?
>>
>>31988310
Not mspainting it, but assuming the companion you speak of is your POA:
>Exit master bedroom
>Have POA cover hall from bedroom door
>Clear guest room
>Both move up to cover the hall from both sides
>Have POA cover while you move to closet 1 and cover from there
>POA moves up to closet one
>Slice the corner while POA covers kitchen door and corner around kitchen
>Move to other side of kitchen while clearing and breach and clear from the south door.

This assumes the kitchen has solid walls. If it doesn't, you both breach the living room with one covering the left and the other the right.
>>
>>31988835
The companion (girlfriend) is in the master bedroom with me.

I do like the idea of having a camera for the hallway.

The apartment is on the top (second) floor. There is a window in the master bedroom that is basically above the car parked in the driveway.

Both the master and guest bathrooms have high ceilings. Each have a window that actually has line of sight to the front door, and are accessible by climbing/standing on the the counters. You wouldn't know this unless you went to the front door and turned around. This is where I'm thinking of placing another camera actually, it would catch anyone coming or going.

The pistol is on the nightstand, the remaining weapons are in the area between the master bedroom and master bathroom.
>>
>>31988859
The mspaint wasn't a requirement, I thought it may be easier for some. Your plan was easily understood though. It almost perfectly describes what I had in my head, if I were to actually clear it.

The kitchen does have solid walls, and appliances that would offer decent cover.
>>
>>31988909
Whoever moves through the hall first should have the Mossberg and the other the AR.
>>
File: unt.png (31KB, 431x875px) Image search: [Google]
unt.png
31KB, 431x875px
>>31988310
>>
>>31988990
This. Don't clear shit. Post up at the entrance to the master bedroom. Fire upon anyone stupid enough to come down the hallway.
>>
>>31988990
>>31989013

Not sure if you saw the comment above, but I and my companion are in the master bedroom together. Worth sending one next door for the extra lines of sight?
>>
>>31989061
Could interfere with communication and identification.
>>
>>31989061

You said second floor l, so I wouldn't have them cover your ass and watch windows of the master bedroom. But yeah, in the interest of not stacking up and both getting shot at the same time, I'd have a second person post up at the entrance to the second bedroom.
>>
>>31989116
>>31989120

Yeah, I was considering those points.

Only other alternative is to have them coordinating with emergency services I guess.

Another question I've wondered, would it be better to turn the hallway light on?

Downside is they know I know someone is there, but the upside is it gives me a better target (the light is towards the end, so it would be more in their face then mine).

Or is it better to leave it off and leave them more unaware I'm prepared to ambush them?

Thoughts?
>>
File: Untitled.png (35KB, 431x875px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
35KB, 431x875px
>>31989061
You mean this?
>>
>>31989154

Personally, lights off. You probably know the layout better than any intruder, and when they enter the kill zone, hit them with a weapon light, distracting them, and confirming your target before shooting.
>>
>>31989226
Perfect haha.

>>31989238
Good point. Being we're the only one with keys, an intrude would have to basically kick the door in, no windows within reach to climb in or unlock the door.

Also, there is another point of entry in the living room southern wall. It's a sliding door (site I used didn't make it too noticable), from our patio. Only way up is either with a ladder from a neighbors back yard or from our second story neighbors balcony.
>>
>>31988310
you need a better exit than through that hallway, look into breaking windows
>>
>>31989238
This or if you're a poor fag you can put a night light with a light sensor in the hallway or at the end of the hallway. If it's dim enough it will allow you to see just enough to know where the target is while theyre in the hallway, but not enough to allow the intruder to see you in the doorway.
>>
>>31989318
I think the only good option is to slide open the window and pull/kick out the screen, and climb down. I don't have a method for that currently. Our bed frame is solid wood and would hold someone climbing down.
>>
>>31989365
it's either an emergency or it isn't, use the barrel of your gun to break the window with a swirling motion, then drop out
>>
>>31988310
Claymore mines, every top corner.
>>
>>31989395
Oh, I wasn't being gentle for the sake of property value. I was trying to be as quiet as possible.

I guess I could just drop down as well, only maybe a 15 foot fall.
>>
File: cab-interior.jpg (63KB, 648x466px) Image search: [Google]
cab-interior.jpg
63KB, 648x466px
Do mine!

>curtains usually drawn across all windows
>two doors, both always locked
>neighbors usually extremely close to the left and right
>>
>>31988310

Make a map of it in Doorkickers and test it yourself.
>>
>>31989365
Get a fire escape ladder. You're on the 2nd floor so max a 20 ft drop (less than that of course). You cover your partner's egress, and they cover you from the ground while on the phone with police.
>>
where do you draw up your house like this?
>>
>>31990750
Site was called RoomSketcher. You can sign up for an account if you wan't to save them, but I just drew mine and then took a screenshot.

http://planner.roomsketcher.com/

I drew mine pretty much to scale, but I got lazy measuring for the last couple rooms. I invite you to post yours, I'm curious to see more of this stuff. =p
>>
File: Apartment.png (14KB, 494x862px) Image search: [Google]
Apartment.png
14KB, 494x862px
I might as well join in.
The two doors circled are locked and only the landlord has keys
>>
File: apartmentMarkup.png (25KB, 494x862px) Image search: [Google]
apartmentMarkup.png
25KB, 494x862px
>>31991499
Assumptions: You are by yourself, and have something reasonably maneuverable for a weapon.

Kinda hard to sketch I guess, but first I'd clear the bathroom (1). I'd move from the bathroom to the hallway (2). Then slice the pie to clear the corner of the kitchen/living room. Finally slice the pie to clear the remaining room (4).
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.